Wright Leadership Institute (WLI) experience from September 2011
Posted by: RTEuorrpj ()
Date: September 22, 2011 05:23AM

I attended this event over the weekend of Sept 16-18 with the hope of learning about social and emotional intelligence. I share my opinions based on my very real and personal experience face to face Dr.s Bob and Judith Wright, volunteers, and staff of the organization. Be warned, this is an extremely dangerous and expertly designed cult by highly-educated and cunning leaders. I never thought I would personally experience an assault of psychological manipulation of a real cult. I was able to escape, but I personally witnessed others that may not have been as lucky as I.

From me to you, please do not go. It is seriously dangerous. This organization needs to be investigated by authorities and closed down. The public is in danger and needs to be protected.

They have an army of minions/volunteers who are specifically trained and expert in the use of fundamental mind control techniques classic of cult methods for coercive persuasion, including:
1) People are put in physical or emotionally distressing situations;
2) Their problems are reduced to one simple explanation, which is repeatedly emphasized;
3) They receive what seems to be unconditional love, acceptance, and attention from a charismatic leader or group;
4) They get a new identity based on the group;
5) They are subject to entrapment and isolation

I have read the comments of others here on Yelp, including Justin G and Gordon D. I echo and relate to their personal experiences as an attendee at this seminar. This is not a false warning. This MUST be closed down. The public needs to be protected from the Wright's and their schemes.

Read more from others:
[forum.rickross].... (read about the person describing their experience of being stripped naked in a forest as a method of education and growth)
[www.youtube.com]... (take notice of comment at end)
[wrightinstitute]... (a website that seems to be run by WLI, yet oddly, take notice there is not a single comment - odd when the web has so many other negative comments. Note, I submitted a critical comment to be posted here, which was never posted)

From the bottom of my heart, specifically to the individuals I met this weekend in the program, Tammy, Bob, Jon, Munsoor I know you desperately seek help to improve your lives, but please read this and get out of there now. From our side conversations, I know you are wise to what is happening - you know it is time to leave.

Any investigative reporters or adventurous folks willing to video tape the REAL experience at a seminar (last day, in particular) and publish on [YouTube.com]??? That would certainly provide everyone clear evidence in a real, black and white form of the truth of what really happens behind closed doors.

(Note: These comments are my personal opinions based on my experience, and not intended in any way to be malicious, untrue, or libelous.)

Note: This was also posted by me on my YELP account.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re:Wright Leadership Institute April 2023
Posted by: Erm22 ()
Date: April 26, 2023 11:02PM

Does anyone know what is going on at WLI? I recently learned that Judith and Bob Wright resigned their positions at WLI. The stated reason was that Judith is ill. But they have given no information to the members, even those who have been involved for decades. It seems like they've "ghosted" their own community.

Re: Wright Leadership Institute (WLI) experience from September 2011
Posted by: WrongStuff ()
Date: November 12, 2023 06:17AM

The entire Wright scam has collapsed. Bob was an abusive troll and it finally caught up with him and Judith. These two frauds scammed the gullible for years, and now their little empire has come crashing down.

The board is unwinding the whole crapfest, including closing the scam "school." What a couple of sleazebags. They preyed on weak suckers who, for some bizarre reason, thought these two charlatans could help them straighten out their screwed up psyches.

I feel sorry for people who bought into this garbage. Many of the Wrights' victims flushed their life savings down the Wright Foundation sewer -- money that went, primarily, toward funding the Wrights' lavish lifestyle.

It is a shame frauds like these don't end up in court. They are criminals of the lowest order, vile, scumsucking liars and true creeps. It's amazing that they were able to pull off their BS for as long as they did.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 17, 2023 11:08PM

Many cults recruit through our friendships and family ties. Persons we already trust are devastatingly effective recruiters.

I got entangled in a situation with a cult affiliated therapist - and I was no sucker.

I had above average awareness of cults and studied social psychology as an undergraduate.

Despite this I got entangled with an abusive therapist for these reasons:

*I was at a low point in my life, depressed and disoriented. When emotions predominate and there's a chemical imbalance, education does no good.

* My best friend was involved with this same therapist and I trusted her.

As Bugs Bunny puts it, "You gotta trust someone."

Posted by: Observer360 ()
Date: January 18, 2024 11:27PM

All divisions of the Wright organization - the Wright Foundation, Wright Graduate University, etc. - have ceased operation as of December 31, 2023.

Date: January 24, 2024 07:12AM

The Wrights have invented a new organization called "Live Wright" (livewright.com). The new entity and website appear to offer the same programming and language as well as look and feel of their previous endeavors.

Date: January 31, 2024 03:48AM

Following are past enterprises operated by the Wrights – together or separately:
Human Effectiveness Incorporated (HEI)
Center for Exceptional Living (CEL)
Living Visions, Inc.
Wright Institute
Wright Institute for Lifelong Learning
Wright Living
Wright Foundation for the Realization of Human Potential
The Wright Foundation
Wright Graduate University
Human Emergence Group
LiveWright-current

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.