Thank you
Posted by: grateful1 ()
Date: March 28, 2008 09:10PM

I keep trying to post a reply but when I try it continously sends me to the log in page, even though I am logged in!! I joined yesterday, have recieved the confirmation emails etc and logged in straight away. Please can someone help as I really want to post a big thank you re. some helpful info I read on here. BTW this is not the email or user name I've joined with, it won't let me post anything anywhere with them!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2008 10:13PM by rrmoderator.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thank you
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 28, 2008 10:13PM

grateful1:

You can post.

Date: March 28, 2008 10:44PM

Hi, thanks for your response. I logged in ok and tried to post again and nothings happening. I press the "post message" button and it directs me to a page where I have to fill in my user name and password. At the top of the page it tells me I have to do this for my protection as I've been off site (even though I actually haven't!). I've now logged out again so I could post this message. Sorry to be a pain, I'm very good with computers:-(

Posted by: zenon ()
Date: March 28, 2008 11:53PM

Your browser must accept cookies. If it doesn't, the server can't remember you and you will be asked to log in each and every time you try to do something that only logged in users can do, e.g. post.

Z

Date: March 29, 2008 04:00AM

Hi,
I went into my tools/internet options and have accepted all cookies etc and I'm still having the same problem!

FAO the moderator:
it's up to you if you want to post this part as it's well off topic but it's looking like I can't post on this forum but I'd still like to let you know how grateful I am for this site....

All I wanted to say was a big thankyou to whoever runs this forum, and to everyone who posted information on the Byron Katie thread. A while back I became a bit of a fan of hers, but luckily only for a short time. I kept having niggling doubts and thankfully trusted my instincts to see if she was attatched or was starting some kind of cult, which is where I found this site. Long story short, I opened my eyes and saw how I was being subliminally brainwashed, and I can't thank you all enough for helping me.
This woman or cult/ method is teaching her followers to become detatched emotionless psycotics. I know. I felt myself become more and more detatched from everything in a very short period of time. It's beyond horrible, and you don't even realise what is being done to you. She manipulates you into DENYING your thoughts/emotions until nothing matters in your life (and in her world that fine).

Please keep up the superb work. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that I've had a very lucky escape. I'm so grateful. And it's so nice to be able to FEEL grateful again:-)
PS I'd still like to post so if you have anymore suggestions as to what I can maybe do please help!

Date: April 02, 2008 10:32PM

grateful1
I went into my tools/internet options and have accepted all cookies etc and I'm still having the same problem!

Hmm, very strange. But OK, let's say you log in successfully, try to post, and end up on a login page again. What happens if you enter your username and password again?

The normal behaviour of the board is to ask again for your username and password every two hours, even if you are already logged in. The purpose of this is to minimize the damage in case you forget an open session and someone else takes over your browser. If you run into this two-hour limit, re-entering the username and password will buy you another two hours. Could the problem be that you tried to post later than two hours after you originally logged in?

And come to think of it, is your computer clock set correctly?

Z

Date: April 03, 2008 02:03AM

Hi

"Hmm, very strange. But OK, let's say you log in successfully, try to post, and end up on a login page again. What happens if you enter your username and password again?"

The page won't 'move', my user name and password delete immediately when I press enter/ submit, no matter how many times I retry to enter them. It just won't let me get past the log in page. It's like it continuosly flips back to log in page if that makes any sense!

I've tried to post immediately after I've logged in - no joy, same problem.

The clock is showing the right time.

Should I re-register?

Date: April 03, 2008 07:02AM

You can't re-register; at least not with the same e-mail address, because it's "taken". In any case, trying to circumvent the problem haphazardly is not constructive, so let's actually find it and solve it instead.

There could be a charset problem. Do you have any funny characters in your password? If so, use the "did you forget your password?" link to reset the password. Do not use any symbols or accented letters in the password; use only alphanumeric characters, letters A to Z, a to z and numbers 0 to 9. Try again.

If that isn't applicable or doesn't help, try another browser. If you're using Internet Explorer try Firefox (www.mozilla.org) or vice versa. Any luck now?

Z

Posted by: serenity3 ()
Date: May 15, 2008 01:15AM

zenon
You can't re-register; at least not with the same e-mail address, because it's "taken". In any case, trying to circumvent the problem haphazardly is not constructive, so let's actually find it and solve it instead.

There could be a charset problem. Do you have any funny characters in your password? If so, use the "did you forget your password?" link to reset the password. Do not use any symbols or accented letters in the password; use only alphanumeric characters, letters A to Z, a to z and numbers 0 to 9. Try again.

If that isn't applicable or doesn't help, try another browser. If you're using Internet Explorer try Firefox (www.mozilla.org) or vice versa. Any luck now?

Z

Thanks for this info i was having probs so i downloaded firefox and it's all good now.

Regards serenity3

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 21 plus 8?
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator
This forum powered by Phorum.