PM Mailbox full
Posted by: zenon ()
Date: November 04, 2007 09:23AM

Problem submitted by a user by e-mail, posted here anonymized:

Then, [the system] said that I had a full mailbox, so I moved some messages to a folder, and when I returned, the message still said I had a full mailbox.

I attempted to send another member of the site an email, and I think that failed, also.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PM Mailbox full
Posted by: zenon ()
Date: November 04, 2007 09:35AM

Then, [the system] said that I had a full mailbox, so I moved some messages to a folder, and when I returned, the message still said I had a full mailbox.
There is a hard limit of 50 stored PM messages. That's the total you can store, no matter how you distribute them in folders. Therefore, moving messages from one folder to another won't help any; you need to reduce the total by deleting messages. Note that stored copies of your own sent messages also count towards the total.

You might ask how on earth you ended up having more messages in your folders than the system will allow in the first place. The answer is that when I migrated the board from the previous software to the current, I entered the data directly in the underlying database, thus bypassing all system checks and balances. The previous software was set with more generous limits and counted messages differently too. Besides, I put all sent messages in people's sent folders because I had no way of knowing which sent messages each user had saved and which not. This is why many people now see resurrected messages that they previously had deleted. Just delete again until you're under 50 and everything should be fine. If not, please post a follow-up in this same thread.

I attempted to send another member of the site an email, and I think that failed, also.
What exactly makes you think so?

Z

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2007 10:46AM by zenon.

Re: PM Mailbox full
Posted by: sharonk868 ()
Date: December 29, 2009 08:05PM

zenon
Problem submitted by a user by e-mail, posted here anonymized:

Thanks you for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 22 plus 19?
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator
This forum powered by Phorum.