Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Is LDS church harmful?
Posted by: dazedandconfused ()
Date: October 25, 2008 02:29AM

I also have to add that it wasn't easy. It takes time to break away from a life time of conditioning and walking away from something that was so prevalent in my home. Be good to yourself. It does take time. But eventually you will learn to think for yourself again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: October 29, 2008 01:13PM

I too was raised Mormon until I was about 16. It was along time ago but it was a very hard road to take to leave. As soon as I left, my friends said that their parents said my house was a house of Satan. I have relationship with one of my friends today and I am now 37. I was a part of the Third Ward in Elk Grove, California. It took me 14 years to begin to receive Gods Grace of forgiveness, "Sonship" and "Salvation".

BTW: I have great compassion for Mormons. They are committed to what they believe at least and are in essence, good people. Also...As a testimony: The Holy Spirit met me in the Mormon Church when I was about 13. He began to instruct me and put His love into me. I saw things differently than everyone else. Though I am out now, I do not look down on them. God reigns on the Unrighteous as well as the Righteous. My challenge is to not fall arrogantly into the mindset that you or I are above them and or Gods ability to "save" Mormons. Who am I to judge even myself? I just hope that Gods Grace is sufficient enough for me on the day of judgment. Simply.... I am saved by His Grace. I can do all things right in deed and yet still be absolutely wrong in motive which leaves me in judgment of Gods Throne.

If you know a Mormon, don't try and convince them that your faith is right over theirs. Why? Because if you call yourself a Christian, than you are already two steps behind them. I am a lover of God and and lover of Christ desiring to grow as a disciple of Jesus. But the faith if "Christianity" that man has made up, has become a public shame and spectacle to most. Mormons are loving and accepting and devoted to what they believe. "Christians" (those committed to the religion of it), are judgmental, critical, lazy in heart, without conviction, unbelieving, un-committed, blameshifters, arrogant, -un-loving, un-accepting, clicky and most of all, pretty Godless. I am just telling the truth. Look around. Be honest for once. This is not the faith that Jesus the Christ commanded us to live. He commanded us NOT to follow all of these rules and regulations, but instead BE FREE. Don't use your FREEDOM as a cover up for your sin, but to live as free men who are "reconciled" to him through his Death. To LOVE GOD and LOVE PEOPLE. Without agenda. Without Motive! With no strings attached (IE: To get people to come to your church), but instead with a sacrifice of your very life and "pocket book".

I may have sounded a little preachy, but I am trying to give some basic perspective from a man whom has come out of the faith of Mormonism who was VERY DEVOTED, and who was caught judging them to now who sees them as a desire of Gods heart to save. JUST LIKE YOU AND I. Bless you all for now.

-Ryan-

Posted by: DudeNTexas ()
Date: January 04, 2010 05:05PM

The LDS and JW's are very strange, because you even see highly educated professional that attend their church. Plus, many of the people are nice. But it takes a lot of blind faith to believe what the LDS and JW's believe, especially because there has been so much information that has discredited both Joseph Smith and Charles Russell. Most of the LDS members give a candy-coated view about Joseph Smith, while the JW's try not to say much about Charles Russell anymore. But I supposed, of the two, it would probably be harder to see the LDS as a harmful religion, especially because they have their own university. But clearly, when you dig further into what they believe, it becomes very apparent that their beliefs are eerily far from mainstream Christian teaching. I honestly can't say how harmful either religion is or isn't, though. I would imagine it has a lot to do with your standing in the church heirarchy and where you belong.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: January 05, 2010 07:23AM

Any religious organisation that makes Jesus Christ out to be a spirit brother to Lucifer (Satan) is wrong in so many levels.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: January 06, 2010 11:27AM

Deja Vu
I too was raised Mormon until I was about 16. It was along time ago but it was a very hard road to take to leave. As soon as I left, my friends said that their parents said my house was a house of Satan. I have relationship with one of my friends today and I am now 37. I was a part of the Third Ward in Elk Grove, California. It took me 14 years to begin to receive Gods Grace of forgiveness, "Sonship" and "Salvation".

BTW: I have great compassion for Mormons. They are committed to what they believe at least and are in essence, good people. Also...As a testimony: The Holy Spirit met me in the Mormon Church when I was about 13. He began to instruct me and put His love into me. I saw things differently than everyone else. Though I am out now, I do not look down on them. God reigns on the Unrighteous as well as the Righteous. My challenge is to not fall arrogantly into the mindset that you or I are above them and or Gods ability to "save" Mormons. Who am I to judge even myself? I just hope that Gods Grace is sufficient enough for me on the day of judgment. Simply.... I am saved by His Grace. I can do all things right in deed and yet still be absolutely wrong in motive which leaves me in judgment of Gods Throne.

If you know a Mormon, don't try and convince them that your faith is right over theirs. Why? Because if you call yourself a Christian, than you are already two steps behind them. I am a lover of God and and lover of Christ desiring to grow as a disciple of Jesus. But the faith if "Christianity" that man has made up, has become a public shame and spectacle to most. Mormons are loving and accepting and devoted to what they believe. "Christians" (those committed to the religion of it), are judgmental, critical, lazy in heart, without conviction, unbelieving, un-committed, blameshifters, arrogant, -un-loving, un-accepting, clicky and most of all, pretty Godless. I am just telling the truth. Look around. Be honest for once. This is not the faith that Jesus the Christ commanded us to live. He commanded us NOT to follow all of these rules and regulations, but instead BE FREE. Don't use your FREEDOM as a cover up for your sin, but to live as free men who are "reconciled" to him through his Death. To LOVE GOD and LOVE PEOPLE. Without agenda. Without Motive! With no strings attached (IE: To get people to come to your church), but instead with a sacrifice of your very life and "pocket book".

I may have sounded a little preachy, but I am trying to give some basic perspective from a man whom has come out of the faith of Mormonism who was VERY DEVOTED, and who was caught judging them to now who sees them as a desire of Gods heart to save. JUST LIKE YOU AND I. Bless you all for now.

-Ryan-

Déjà Vu thanks for posting your testimony of your first hand experience growing up in the Mormon religion.

Posted by: CultTalker ()
Date: January 27, 2010 03:08PM

The more you buck the Mormon system the more you'll see the destructive aspects of this religion.
The Mormons like the JW's, which I was in for 20 years, all act the same way. They play the love you game until you question them to deeply or question to much. Have you stopped your belief in Jesus Christ? Just curious.

These "cults" have made themselves the mediator between God and men which in my opinion makes a person in a group like that an idolater. Once a person realizes the correct relationship Christ plays in our lives then it frees you from all the silly beliefs these groups throw at you. Find a firm belief in where you stand with Christ it really does free you. Stand up for truth and don't let them push you around but be loving about it. These people are under a spell and it may take a while for them to see things your way...If at all

Joe

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.