Current Page: 49 of 273
Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: July 23, 2008 01:39AM

There is no question that Katy is tied to Sacramento and ultimately under thier authority. Here is an excerpt from Lynn Guillons myspace page. Lynn is the wife of Paul who is the pastor of the north katy church. Also, the ones who received the baby.

Heroes
Jesus Christ who lived a perfect sinless life and died on the cross to forgive my sin that was much, my loving husband Paul, our awesome and devoted Pastors Tony &; Rose Cunningham, Elijah's birth parents Paul &; Christine Childs

she refers to tony and rose as our pastors so there is definately submission to tony. just trying to help you Concern08 see the picture there from the big perspective.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: July 23, 2008 02:03AM

Help me out. I mentioned in prior posts that I still had alot of questions. Why is Radiant Life the only church I have been to that does not have a Mens or Womens Ministry? Is it because they are concerned it would take control and influence away from the discipleshio ministry? This always boggled my mind. I had a couple of friends who came who were looking for a church with a thriving mens ministry. they asked me why and i could not answer.

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: July 23, 2008 02:47AM

whatajoke
Help me out. I mentioned in prior posts that I still had alot of questions. Why is Radiant Life the only church I have been to that does not have a Mens or Womens Ministry? Is it because they are concerned it would take control and influence away from the discipleshio ministry? This always boggled my mind. I had a couple of friends who came who were looking for a church with a thriving mens ministry. they asked me why and i could not answer.

Here is what I know as far as those things go: Women's ministry aka. WOW ( women of the word) or The Dwelling. Usually took place during the middle of the morning so working women were not able to attend..Then they started night classes. I don't know where it stood when I left or where it stands now...

The GAP was started as men only. Then the women weaseled their way in an now it is what it is today...something completely different. I am not a man so Ministry geared towards men I am not all that sure about.

That is the best I can do to answer you questions.

Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: July 23, 2008 02:55AM

WAJ, I cannot answer this question in whole. I can tell you that they do have a womans ministry there outside of the discipleship ministry. THere is no formal MENS ministry to my knowledge. As to the reasons why, who knows? I am one who has never agreed with why RLC, the church in America and in other places around the world have so many ministries. It seems we busy ourselves with so many activities and ultimately dividing family and church.

I told an Elder at RLC during the time I was leading RWORSHIP, that we don't need another ministry and this is why RWORSHIP is not really successful. Most young adults want FREEDOM and want to just "BE" who they are outside the church walls. Ministries keep them safe and inclusive. I told him that RLC is like a WINCO cereal isle. Have you ever been shopping there? There are sooo many choices and so many different brands and flavors, with NEW bright and shiny "appealing" labels. So many in fact, that you sit there for 15 minutes to pick what best suites your pleasures. You take one box of cereal until you get down the isle and see one that is better and cheaper. Then you put the other one back and put that one in your basket, only to change your mind again. I know you are all laughing because we have all done this. Think about it....

At RLC and many other churches we have, (childrens ministry, young adult, youth, high school, recovery (divorce, sexual addiction, drug addiction, spousal abuse, anger management), discipleship, mens, womens, seniors, sometimes "singles", small groups, structured prayer and worship times, new believers classes, child care, VBS, outreaches, pancake breakfasts', sports ministries, harvest festivals, Easter festivals, Christmas programs, counceling sessions, etc, etc.

Am I saying that these are bad? You decide! What I can say is that Jesus had us focus on our families ( love your wife, husband and provide for your children and teach them in the ways of God), care for widows, orphans and the poor. To "naturally" hang out" all week long with your friends and love God by loving them. Be the light of Christ by OUR VERY LIVES while we live in the "world" not in the "church" walls. Teachings at RLC and other places only preserve our "dead" bodies. JESUS wants to tell us to "church, come out" like he told Lazarus. ( he used Lazarus's name instead of church)

Anyhow, I think I just went on a rant which was not my intent. I just feel like it is one of the things I think that keeps people bound to religion and mediocrity. In regards to structured MENS ministries at RLC, once again, who knows?

Date: July 23, 2008 03:51AM

The GAP was started as men only. Then the women weaseled their way in an now it is what it is today...something completely different.

That is the best I can do to answer you questions.[/quote]

I shouldn't have said this the way I did. It started as a men's only event and the woman started their own at the same time then the 2 groups merged. The woman joining have not made The Gap ministry what it is today...The Gap used to be an incredible time of worship and prayer for the city. I apologize, I might have been a bit grumpy when I wrote that.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: July 23, 2008 09:04AM

I posted the following statement about the 2:42 groups that they have a hidden mission statement that reads like this.

"Behold I stand at the door and pick the lock. Don't worry about turnning someones faith arround just get their eyes off Jesus and over to our very own "Man OF God! Mr. Tony Cunningham!" Where he will lead you down the path of new spiritual enlightment with deep spiritual teachings like Spiritual Parenting, Spiritual Authority and Covanant Relationships!
That's right you to can become just like Tony! I know that is a hard act to follow but in a matter of years you can be come more and more like Tony by attending Tonys very own SOMA School. .

Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: July 23, 2008 01:07PM

Braveheart I just got done wiping my tears because I was laughing so hard… that was pretty funny, and accurate in its “undertone”.

Nice to see the forum moving along… I hope that some others that are still in are taking a look and starting to think… we all know the danger and the manipulation that comes from RLC and its leadership… and we all have quite a bit to process, but I believe that we are doing just that… my hope and prayer is the exposing of RLC and its practices to more and more people would result in more and more people being warned and those that are there would leave…

I have been very mentally consumed lately which translates in to little post… but I will be posting when I think its right… more later… and keep dragging them out of the fire whenever possible…

Posted by: Abused ()
Date: July 23, 2008 10:26PM

BraveHeart this is so funny, but so accurate!

BraveHeart
"Behold I stand at the door and pick the lock. Don't worry about turnning someones faith arround just get their eyes off Jesus and over to our very own "Man OF God! Mr. Tony Cunningham!" Where he will lead you down the path of new spiritual enlightment with deep spiritual teachings like Spiritual Parenting, Spiritual Authority and Covanant Relationships!
That's right you to can become just like Tony! I know that is a hard act to follow but in a matter of years you can be come more and more like Tony by attending Tonys very own SOMA School. .

Posted by: Transparent ()
Date: July 23, 2008 11:43PM

BraveHeart
I posted the following statement about the 2:42 groups that they have a hidden mission statement that reads like this.

Good one BRAVEHEART! sounds like a used car sale commercial to me... with that deep over voice doing all the fast talking...lol. Wow this thread has been growing like mad...as for me I have been keeping tabs on everything... it's just scary stuff to see how these leaders have gotten carried away with all this crap. i been elaright dealing with my own garbage... never looking back at RLC again... it's funny that once a person leaves... you are the demon with the issues if you don't agree with their teachigns or lifestyle. well as many already have read throught these threads numerous times... thats right folks we're still here posting about the dangers, and the warnings...it's blind leading the blind man... you feel me? thats what all this tony crap is... blind leading the blind... i have had my share of church and frankly im disgusted with "church" in general... i just stay at home.. if i want drama i'll watch jerry springer or something... but seriously though... the church of america is not what it is supposed to be. i preferr to stay at home and pray and read my bible from time to time.. im just livin life as i need to rite now. i hate what has happened to many of my friends that were at one time sucked into tonys tractor beam... it sickens me to my stomach. it all became about tony and rlc... it all became about money, power and all that jazz... i'm waiting for the day for one of these dudes to visit my house and convince me that i'm wrong for making these posts... but as you all know "ANTONIO DOES NOT BACK DOWN TO ANYBODY!!!" the same way when Mr. V posted... he got the rough end by the so'called men of God... who knows if they threatened him by not inviting him out to starbucks anymore or what!!! i'm tired of all this crap... i have no respect for tony, no respect for any of his leadership... they're all a bunch of clones who have no mind of their own... let's face it!!! it's crazy!!! so to the so-called leaders... y'all know where the hell i stay... but just remember... and please note this... i advise you kindly and one time only... if you step on my property for a visit... you gonna see that ~G~ that first walked into the church building back in 1996... and trust me... you don't want to see that!!!!

thanks and enough said!
'
~Antonio~

Date: July 24, 2008 01:08AM

Hello Antonio~

Thanks for saying who you are, it was killing me...I didn't see if you said who you were in earlier posts. Anyways, I just wanted to say, that I am sorry for what has happened to you because of your affliation with RLC. I don't know what has happened with you, I didn't really know you. I just wanted to say thank you for your diligence in posting and I hope that you can connect with a healthy church body. For me when I left RLC, I decided to quit on the whole "church thing" for awhile. Then I realized the importance of fellowship with the saints. I am activley involved in a healthy fellowship. I am still being "deprogamed", but being around people with correct perspective has been helpful. I am still learning to forgive because I get really angry. Jesus is not the one who messed you over. It was a wolf in sheeps clothing.
I am just saying this because as I stated in earlier posts, my fear is that people who escape will escape into nothing. Fellowship with the saints is important.

This post is merely meant to be helpful and encouraging. If for any reason it wasn't I hope that you can forgive me.

Thanks for you ears.
Nicole Bianchini

Current Page: 49 of 273

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.