Current Page: 53 of 273
Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: July 25, 2008 04:00AM

I like your last post WAJ...crack me up bro.

To all who are reading this. This is becoming a place where the truth is being revealed. People are telling stories that actually happened to them personally, this is not gossip. This is testifying to the truth. Believe it or not, it is up to you. What I can tell is that we all are hoping for all of us to experience the freedom to experience God on the personal level that He desires for us.

To all of the leadership there. I love you guys, I stayed around in hopes of drastic change. Even had a glimmer of hope in July 2006ish. Then it all went really haywire. It has never gotten any better. I know I have never really been considered much to any of you, but I care for you and want good things. I hope you can find the way to turn things to a positive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2008 04:00AM by Escapee07.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: July 25, 2008 05:38AM

Escapee07
I like your last post WAJ...crack me up bro.

To all who are reading this. This is becoming a place where the truth is being revealed. People are telling stories that actually happened to them personally, this is not gossip. This is testifying to the truth. Believe it or not, it is up to you. What I can tell is that we all are hoping for all of us to experience the freedom to experience God on the personal level that He desires for us.

To all of the leadership there. I love you guys, I stayed around in hopes of drastic change. Even had a glimmer of hope in July 2006ish. Then it all went really haywire. It has never gotten any better. I know I have never really been considered much to any of you, but I care for you and want good things. I hope you can find the way to turn things to a positive.

I wanted to clarify my first paragraph. This is not gossip, we are writing about our personal experiences. No one is saying well I heard this or I heard that. I am commited to only sharing stories of my own experience. Some I will tell some I won't. But they will all be true.I won't name, names.
I only want to be of help.

Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: July 25, 2008 07:03AM

We are here to testify… only to what we have experienced and how we have felt. This way it cannot be false but jut our experiences. Maybe some will identify with our stories and maybe some will still see us as the crazy dangerous ones… nevertheless we testify to what we have found to be dangerous and off base and we testify that we are not void of God for leaving RLC… this forum has change it its purpose and its tone… we have an agenda now and its not to bicker and fight but just to testify and be excepting of those who want to know more and to those who are finding there way out….

Posted by: godsgift ()
Date: July 25, 2008 11:29AM

my experience at rlc was like most of you. i was invited by a few good friends to come and check it out after going to a college group the week before. at first the people of rlc seemed friendly and wanted to help you grow in your faith, then they expected you to do more than just attend a few groups a week and go to service. the church would say that no matter who you were they excepted you. but my experience at rlc after finding out that i was not really excepted by most of the rlc goers.
i have now found a church that does not so far expect anything of you other than just wanting to know god and christ as your lord and savior. it is more of a family setting than at rlc. they ecept me know matter what my flaws are or my limitations. i am happy to say that i enjoy meeting the people at this church. i also enjoyed meeting and still knowing some of you at rlc. the friendships i had there will be cherished forever, and i hope they continue to grow as we walk together on the straight and narrow.

Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: July 26, 2008 12:02AM

Welcome "Godsgift". In case you have not read the other posts, my name is Ryan Lazalier. Many of us have come right out and revealed who we are, so read the other posts. If you are open to let us know who you are, great! If not, that is totally OK as well. We would love to have your insights and stories and get to know you more. Question: Did you ever get real involved with the leadership? I know you went to the college group. Was it Rworship or the Gate? Regardless, I would like to appologize to you for any miss leading, minipulation, confusion or heart ache I may have caused you. I am not attending any corporate style church right now but I am practicing "church" in many REAL ways. They are just not inside any walls necessarily. I am getting to know God in a way that has never been revealed to me before. I am glad that you have found a great fellowship.

Please continue to visit us. Get to know us more. Read the other posts. Good things are happening on here and the intent of this is to inform and to be a light of help and love and support for others who have been wounded and confused. Godsgift, there is no shame here and nothing to be embarrassed about. The more people know and the more people see this forum as positive, the more others will become free. Go ahead and invite others to come to this site.

Also, how did you hear about this forum? Just curious.

Date: July 26, 2008 12:46AM

Godsgift- I am glad you found a fellowship that suites your needs.

I have a friend who experienced something similar to what you explained here. She was in leadership in the youth and didn't feel that they excepted her as she was. That she wasn't good enough to be there. She thought it was because of the way she dressed. Now I don't know, I wasn't around for all of that. I do believe that she left really dejected and hurt, I don't know if she ever got involved in another church or not.
I know that I used to do everything The Gap, Brigades, Young Adults, Friday Night Worship, All three services ( worship ministry), then young adults group on some weeknight. However there was something about me that was really never good enough.
When I started to hang out with in a certain circle with certain leadership and SOMA people , I had already gotten to the point were I was "rebelling" against the teachings. It was funny any time I would say something that resembled disagreement with what was going on, people would look at me as if I had suggested that the world was square... People also percieved me to be jealous...Uh, NO! I was not happy with what I was seeing and everyone around me was celebrating it as if it was the best thing that could ever happen to them...I still shake my head and think...are you serious?

Looking back God blessed me by making me the outcast. I never got closely tied in to anything, therefore not being sucked into some crazy stuff. Mind you I tried to get in with the in crowd, but as is my lot in life (or should I say blessing in this case) I have always been excepted but never really included. I was the one everyone knows but doesn't talk to.

God Bless,
Nicole

Posted by: Abused ()
Date: July 26, 2008 02:05PM

welcome "GodsGift" it is good to have you here.

RingBarer
thanks for posting this
"We are here to testify… only to what we have experienced and how we have felt. This way it cannot be false but jut our experiences. Maybe some will identify with our stories and maybe some will still see us as the crazy dangerus and off base and we testify that we are not void of God for leaving RLC… this forum has change it its purpose and its tone… we have an agenda now and its not to bicker and fight but just to testify and be excepting of those who want to know more and to those who are finding there way out…."

and Escapee07
thank you for posting this
"To all who are reading this. This is becoming a place where the truth is being revealed. People are telling stories that actually happened to them personally, this is not gossip. This is testifying to the truth. Believe it or not, it is up to you. What I can tell is that we all are hoping for all of us to experience the freedom to experience God on the personal level that He desires for us."

Thank you for your words of encouragment espesialy for others to come forward and share their experience here.

I would like you all to hear the testimonies that have convenced me that Tony is a false teacher, false prophet and a false appostle!

just maybe some one reading your testimony will be able to identify with the manipulation or abuse and that will help them break free of the spiritual stronghold that Tony's teaching has over so many people.

until next time be strong and fight the good fight!

Posted by: pray4them ()
Date: July 26, 2008 10:52PM

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN, I attended RLC back in 04 for approximately 9 months. Me and my wife enjoyed the teaching and the worship on Sunday mornings. Not long after going there we saw our daughter in law with some new clothes and jewelry and were told that Tony had purchased it for her that she was now his spiritual daughter. We were confusd by this and asked to meet with Tony so he could explain this to us.He streched some scripture and then told us about a family members dad and his shortcomings and why he needed a spiritual father. The family member is Brandon Miller who is my nephew. I found it disturbing that Tony would break this confidence and share what should be kept private between them.Not long after this I started attending a small group at Greg Huths home in which we heard a teaching all about following Tony as the Spiritual Leader and started asking questions during the teaching which were never answered because I was told by Greg I was not mature enough for this teaching yet. This was on a saturday where Greg had just received this teaching at a leaders group over at Tonys.Me and my wife left both wondering what the heck we just heard. I met with Greg at plantation coffee to discuss what I considered to be an abortion of scripture.Not once was the name of Jesus ever brought up during the teaching or my meeting with Greg.We left right after that and never looked back. We were supporting our son in soma and had to tell him we could not continue to do this. That was difficult but necessary. I am sure that I can be discredited because I was in leadership at my previous church in the ministry of drug addiction. I myself relapsed which was humbling and shameful but the Lord has pulled me out of the berry bushes and continued to set my feet back on solid ground. The reason I am telling you this is so that you here it from me and not through the RLC grapevine.My name is Shane Tiller I am Matt Michalaks Stepfather,Brandons uncle,and everybody else that is related to the Miller familys relative.
We are grateful that Matt and Sarah caught on to the cult like teaching because we felt like we had lost our kids and grand kids.Had to tell my story and dont need to be annomous. Sincerely, Shane Tiller

Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: July 27, 2008 01:26AM

Thanks Pop…

The fact of the matter is that my dad has been in the faith a very long time and he had enough sense in him to know what was off base right out of the gate… unfortunately for me I did not… but what ended up happening was RLC attempted to create separation between my family and I as well as strongly suggesting that my wife separate herself from her family… but you wanna know the funny thing… when God gave us the eyes to see that RLC and the teachings were false I spoke up to the leadership about what I realized was not good, and in turn the leadership let everyone know I was on a dangerous path… essentially cutting me and my family off. However, my real family was still there, my dad and my mom had not gone anywhere and my wife’s family was there with open arms to forgive us for distancing ourselves in the name of some false teachings…. At the end of the day you find out who will stick around when the poo hits the fan… and it aint the leadership of RLC that told me that they were loyal, that they had true commitment, that our relationships were covenant and everlasting in the sight of God. I was in a gang for about 8 years prior to RLC and RLC knew my dad had been through his stuff in his life as well… and I was told once that what I knew of loyalty was a loyalty among thieves… but they were still quick to use my gang experience as a loyalty teaching in soma… and the funny part about that is that my gang buddies are still very close friends of mine and most are out as I am, and my dad still has my back as well… and do you know what my “gang” member brothers and my dad told me… they don’t care what I do, what I am, who I become… I could be a gang member, I could be a Christian, I could be in a cult… they are still my family and they still have my back… loyalty among thieves, well if that’s what that is than I happen to think that its looked on by God better that RLC’s idea of loyalty…

This is what this is all about… shared experiences… and the more we share the more validity we carry and the more others will be willing to share their stories as well… its already happening people and I am grateful for all of you and your courage to share what you have gone through…

And Abused you are exactly right, people reading our testimonies will help them to identify with the manipulation and abuse… and breaking free is likely at that point.

Thanks again dad and I will see you later,

Date: July 27, 2008 01:58AM

Mr. Tillman,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I would not discredit it you because of your prior history. I am grateful that you have shared your story. I am glad that you saw through the crazy and knew enough to ask questions. It was your faith in God and knowledge of the scripture that helped you see that all of this was not right. I am so glad God gave you that knowledge and you did not stay long enough to be entangled and hurt by the teachings and crazy relationships requirements.
Thanks be to God that his grace is sufficient for us sinners...
I remember hearing teaching, where I was told that no matter how long I was a christian, thats I had demons in me. I know that it is possible but I know that it is more than possible that, that statement was not true of me. I know I sin, and that when I do sin it is because of the choice I made and need to repent. Anyways I am having a hard time focusing this morning, so I will post at a later time.

God Bless,
Nicole

Current Page: 53 of 273

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.