Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: tell the truth ()
Date: February 23, 2011 12:15PM

Yes JCIMD, please disclose the church name so I can avoid too. Tired of wasting my time in churches that carry the sickness instead of the Gospel of Jesus.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 24, 2011 10:54AM

nooneofanyimportence
jesuschristismydelight
To All:

I visited a new church yesterday. The Pastor was standing up front and then his wife stood next to him and started speaking about how people were healed when they touched the hem of Jesus garment and about having faith in being healed.

She then stated that the Pastor is a representative of Jesus Christ. Therefore all who were sick should come up and touch the pastor. Many from the congregation went up to touch the Pastor for healing. I did not go up and do this because it felt off to me. I am familiar with the scripture that states "Is anyone sick among you , let the elders anoint them, etc. But this did not seem to follow this scripture.

Then the Pastor stated that all that came to him that touched him would be blessed. Well since I did not go and touch him, I guess I'm not blessed.

I had a very uneasy feeling about this. It did not seem right to me. Felt a little like the Faith Movement scenario.

What do you all think of this?

Also, I am still visiting churches and have not felt a good fit yet. Can any of you tell me of some of the churches you feel are good ones that preach the pure gospel of Jesus Christ?[/quote

please tell us the name of this church so we can avoid it. yes one woman touched the hem of Jesus's robe.. not this pastors. Jesus did NOT heal everyone He chose who He healed for His purposes. Paul wasnt healed God grace was sufficient. this kinda activity sickens me.

It is obvious from your explanation that this church made you uneasy. Whether there was a problem there or not, it just was not the church for you. The Holy Spirit will let you know when you find the church where you will belong and thrive. It is disappointing when we don't find what we want immedieately, but perhaps God has a reason for walking you through this process.

D od D

Date: February 25, 2011 02:09AM

I do not feel led to name this particular church. It has been hit hard enough in the past already. I do like the Pastor there and will pray that the Lord will help them IF they are off Biblically.

I like your response D of D. I will continue my search.

Posted by: UndeniablyLivid ()
Date: February 25, 2011 04:40AM

IF they are off Biblically? A pastor claiming that just by touching him people can be healed?
Sounds downright unbiblical to me and like they need their own little forum group going on this forum. No IFS ands or buts about it!!!!!! Yes, pray for them and RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! Never return.

Date: February 25, 2011 06:32AM

UndeniablyLivid
IF they are off Biblically? A pastor claiming that just by touching him people can be healed?
Sounds downright unbiblical to me and like they need their own little forum group going on this forum. No IFS ands or buts about it!!!!!! Yes, pray for them and RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! Never return.

that is the main problem with alot of people who have stayed at turningpoint for a long time after all the lies, and bad theology was exposed. they really dont know what is biblical and what isnt. being fed slightly twisted bible verses, and opinions of published authors like john bevere, and such. the truth of the gospel evades them. so if some human, meaning not Jesus, God. gets up and says touch the hem of my garmet you will be healed. and say that jesus did that all the time. these people have no clue, if it tickles the ears then it must be true. also saying i like the pastor so it must be ok is totaly humanism, whch is taught at turningpoint. just because someone likes someone doesnt make them holy. I liked mike. that doesnt chage the fact hes a liar. and i mean unrepentent liar , since we all fall short of the glory of God. remember people liked ted bundy. He seemed to be a nice guy. but he still killed lots of people. I remember one on here stating it wasnt turningpoints theolgy that bothered me. boy I got lots of flack hehehe. but what I meant was all the other crap was so bad going on there, I never got to looking at the theology part.

Posted by: misleadsoul ()
Date: February 28, 2011 12:14PM

To All:

I have thought for some time about what it means to be unequally yoked. Through preaching and teaching at tpc, it has been taught that This "unequally yoked" goes beyond the dating/marriage/friendship relationship and as far as going into worrking relationships. What does this entail? What is everyone's thoughts on this. I know that in scripture 2 Corinthians 6:14-18 says, "14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers:for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15 And what concord hath Christ with Be'-li-al? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, And walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17 Wherefore come out form among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 18 And will be a father unto you and Ye sghall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Ok on antother note I think I have finally decided to look for another church.. Please pray for me on my journey to find my place.

Misleadsoul

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 28, 2011 01:41PM

"Unequally yoked" can be used by some groups to isolate and control people.

The net result can be limiting any associations and/or any relationships as dictated by the group. This can be seen as one means of controlling the environment and access to information outside of the group.

This is what experts on "thought reform" call "milieu control."

See [www.culteducation.com]

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: March 01, 2011 03:16AM

The moderator makes a great point, and connects to some of the roots that this "Unequally yoked" false teaching comes from. Also keep in mind the other teachings that came from Mr. Tony Cunningham from Radiant Life here in Sacramento these teaching were also taught by Mike and Cindy and proliferated throughout the curriculum of SOMA, that would include staff members like Jeff barns and any other people from that system of learning, or leadership.
If these people have NOT renounced these false teachings then you have to ask each person to please identify their theology. After all theology is how we define what a person believes.
The key false teachings that Tony taught are,
* Spiritual Parenting
* Spiritual Authority
* Covenant Relationships
* Spiritual Covering
* Spiritual Discipleship
Each one of these teachings were used to Manipulate and Coerce people into relationships and or business dealings that truly abused and spiritually hurt people, families and destroyed marriages. Yes, this is where Tony came up, and now justifies himself with what looks like Spiritual Polygamy. Each of the teachings can be traced back to the Shepparding Movement from the 70-80’s or the “Name it claim it” “Word Faith” “Prosperity Movement.” This goes hand in hand with where Tony came from, what is now known as the bankrupted Dr. Robert H. Schuller's “Chrystal Cathedral” You can also see the correlations of other false teachers like Todd Bentley, Benny Hinn, Joel Osteen, Joyce Meyers and many others.

This video sheds some light on this subject of this false teaching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWMrKcFKqzk

BraveHeart

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2011 03:20AM by BraveHeart.

Posted by: Saddened ()
Date: March 03, 2011 12:33AM

So is Jeff Barnes now officially gone? He is still showing on the website as senior pastor. Does anyone know if Calvin Bontrager is taking over?

Saddened

Posted by: JCBeliever ()
Date: March 04, 2011 12:49PM

Yes, that is a good question. Is Calvin Bontrager taking over? I have heard he hasn't been at TPC Lebanon much and that they have a new Pastor but that Calvin is still the Sr. Pastor at TPC Lebanon. He's still listed as an elder of that church on their website and the pictures look newer than the ones that used to be on there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.