Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: ostracizedone ()
Date: December 01, 2010 11:47PM

HE USED THE ELDERS--the fact that they existed--as a cover for his own agenda.

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 02, 2010 11:25AM

Dearest Pastor Jackie,

You did what you could. You stood up to Mike while the rest of the elders played "See No Evil, Speak No Evil, and Hear No Evil." Mike knew what he was doing. He duped and defrauded people including you. In action and deed he is nothing more than a criminal conman. He carried out a vendetta against you meant to destroy you personally and professionally, and again his remaining elders played "See No Evil, Speak No Evil, and Hear No Evil." Luckily many saw through Mike’s accusations against you. No weapon formed against you could prevail.

I would say to you about faith and hope. Jesus never disappoints us. Those footprints you saw when you were going through this ordeal were his, he carried you during those times when you did not think it possible to go on. He knew the Father’s plan for you and it was not to harm you it was to benefit you. Trusting mere men always disappoints. Trusting God and holding tight to the hand that Jesus offers you never disappoints. Hold tight to Jesus hand and persevere. The light at the end of the tunnel is growing brighter and larger.

D of D

movingon
Many have said that this site is evil and slanderous and full of gossip. I would like to go on record as saying that I do not agree. This is a site to discuss distructive churches and cults. A site that is designed to warn people of danger in the church. I admit that at times there are posts that lack integrity and contain much sarcasm. However most of what has been said on this forum is true. At least from my experience. If you had asked me 14 years ago the turns my life would end up taking, I could never in my wildest dreams believe what has happened to my family over the last two years. Although I am stronger, I am still a broken woman, one who is struggles to trust. My heart is skeptical of much, and my faith is weak at best. I believe I have repented for my own part in allowing deception to carry on over the years, for taking part in lies, for being weak in my ability to stand up for righteousness. Maybe my struggles are just plain ole consequences to my own actions. I am almost relieved to have been told by the TPC consultant that TP was and possibly still is a CULT. That we all, past and present leadership had drank the proverbial 'cool-aid'. This at least provides credibility to what a lot of us have gone through and provides a starting place for healing and moving on. To come out of the secrecy and not hide anymore. I am not ashamed of this journey I have been on. Yes, pained, but not ashamed.

I am confounded by the lack of inaction on the part of TPC to honestly take a step forward and admit the complete truth. Yet I understand that they have much to lose while at the same time nothing to lose. I admit that I am dismayed by the events of the last few months, but have come to realize that this trial will always be a part of who I am, and will follow me the rest of my life. The hope is that it will not define me. That my healing and freedom will come. I am just grateful that I still have some sanity left, and I actually hold on the verse that says '... beware when all men speak well of you'. I get that one.

I had a realization the other day, when I heard that the Villamor's had sold sizable gifts given to them and church property as well, in a garage sale for monetary gain to help them 'escape' Marysville. It made my heart sicker than it already was. They sold a jeep that a family had given them and used the money for part of their stewardship pledge. I am sure profiting off of others gifts is common place, but it shouldnt be among those in the church. They sold church property they had taken home from the office. They kept high end lap tops the church had purchased. They sold the harley that was given as a gift to honor them. They sold a drum set given to them. Wouldnt it have been nice if they had just given back the Harley, offered to give back the drum set, and said absolutley 'NO' we cant take the churches property, it just isnt ethical. And then even given the Jeep to a needy family. We all will give an account on 'that day'.

Although I felt some vindications when the Elders repented to me and after I had gone over all the so-called evidence. Which I was able to address without any hesitation. I have yet to reconcile the fact that there are those, who after knowing the truth, continue to honor and lift up the Villamors. Even those who are dearest to my heart. I did not understand until the other day when I heard about the drum set sold to people close to them, the truth of who Mike and Cyndi Villamor are. It just hit me, I must be a bit slow. Paul through out scripture warns of those who have turned away from the truth. I will continue to warn others of false apostles and any wolves I may know that are in the body. I will name them by name. This is NOT GOSSIP or SLANDER. I honestly didnt believe that Mike could have it out for me so badly to go to the extent he did to discredit me. But he did. He really believed I was the cause for the decline of the numbers at TP. Oh to have such power. I take some satisfaction in knowing that I am still here, living in Marysville, running into people daily that saw me as a thief, or a criminal, or even those that turned their backs on me. Yet there are others that stood with me as I have lived out my life day by day. Oh to have run away... like some I know.

I also must say that my heart still loves. That love was not stolen from me. I love many still at TP and pray that the cool aide has stopped being poured. At the meeting I had with the Elders, one of the things that was said by someone close to me at the end of the meeting was that they feared TP would end up just pushing through this and not really stopping to 'deal with all the wrongs that had happened'. Could this be?

I would like to say to those of you on this forum that supported me thru-out this nightmare, Thank-you from the bottom of my heart. Life goes on, and I am 'moving on'... or at least trying.

With love, Jackie Singer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2010 11:28AM by Daughter of Dorcas.

Posted by: tell the truth ()
Date: December 05, 2010 12:04PM

To Moving On:

I have known you for years and believe that I know you well. Let any man or woman who is propelled into a position of leadership, and set up in a system where leaders are to be worshiped: see if they can walk away as you did turning from sin and walking in the light of our Saviour. Many claim to be humble, but when you say you are, typically you are not. When I hear pastors, or leaders from other churches want to build an empire for themselves claiming it is for Jesus, I shudder and want to puke. It is happening all over Marysville at little churches that want to be big; little worship leaders who want to be recording artists. I have watched you on your knees emotionally grieving for all that happened and because at times you were powerless to stop it. When we put people above us, as was done to you, we set you up to fall and we become idolaters. But Jackie, even through it all, there may have been times you enjoyed the status TPC afforded you, however, I can say with all truth that you did not take it in and become something in your mind that you are not. No, you broke free, you shattered the glass ceiling, as the glass fell and embedded itself as shards in your heart, you persevered, you did not relent. I only tell the truth here, I am not lifting you above others. You may have to work longer to shake off the remaining residue of TPC, but you will shake it off. You have come through many other adversities in life that would have pummeled others and left them for dead. No, you survived and you survived because God was not done with you yet. He is not done with you yet. I love you.

PS, I was never going to write on here again, but I had to because there are times you have to let go of pride.

Posted by: ostracizedone ()
Date: December 10, 2010 11:02PM

[www.skepdic.com]

Meanwhile, in Sacramento a group of former members of Radiant Life Church are suing their pastor, Tony Cunningham. The group accuses Cunningham of psychological manipulation and forcible indoctrination. One couple claims Cunningham used his position as their spiritual adviser to defraud them of more than $221,000. Cunningham and his Radiant Life Church have their own page on the Rick Ross cult site. Former church members say Cunningham manipulated them into giving him lavish gifts, including a first-class vacation in Hawaii and a vintage automobile.

Well,they say children learn from their parents!!! Too funny......while Mike was preaching to everyone how they had to make all these financial sacrifices for the "building fund"he was also researching as to what make/model/ year would be the best investment oppourtunity for him in the "Muscle Car" department.Wanted to know which would provide best return to him...from your buck!!!

Date: December 14, 2010 09:06AM

Well Jeff,

Mike runs off to Richmond Texas and rents a nice little home in the Mission Sierra subdivision- 25 minutes from Tony's little enclave in Katy TX - (now known as Live Oaks Christian Fellowship) after the Elders in your church give him designated funds from the building fund as severance package.

Im curious. . .

Was this a SECOND severance package?
How much money did the church give Mike when you and the elders launched Mike out to start UGM?

All the while you still have yet to tell your fleeced flock the whole truth.
You still have yet to submit all accounts to an independent auditor for a forensic review.
You still have yet to refund anyone who has asked for a refund of their designated gifts to the building fund.

When will you step up to the plate and do the right thing?
Or are you simply thumbing your nose at the sheep, thinking they would never dare sue?

Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: December 14, 2010 11:14AM

Mike and Tony should both be very afraid. Their crimes may not be of this magnitude, but they are CRIMES, nonetheless:

[www.forbes.com]

Associated Press
Ind. church financier gets 54 years in scheme
Associated Press, 12.07.10, 01:04 PM EST

SULLIVAN, Ind. -- A former southern Indiana pastor will likely spend the rest of his life in prison for pocketing millions of dollars that investors believed would be spent to build or expand churches. ... (see the rest of the article via the link above)

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: December 14, 2010 11:27AM

2 Peter 2
 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

it almost seems like there's a special place in hell for false teachers

Date: December 15, 2010 02:57AM

The following was sent in response to my earlier post. I post it here as clarification. Though I have no way to verify the veracity of the person who sent this to me I do believe they are genuine and sincere.

I wish to correct an error that you made in your last blog.

The church in Katy Texas pastored by Tom B called Liveoaks Christian Fellowship is in no way connected to Tony, nor do they wish to be. Tom B has renounced Tony and his teachings, and personally told me that he considers Radiant Life Church a cult, with Mike V only following in Tony's disasterous footsteps. I do not wish to be an apologist for Tom B, or his current affiliation. I wish to set the record straight. Tom B is a close personal friend of mine, and I am sure that some of my opinions are tilted toward him so I will just go with the facts:

Tom has had no contact with Tony for over a year and a half, maybe close to 2 years.

Tom is running in the opposite direction as fast as he can away from Tony and his toxic teachings.

Tom has had no contact with Mike for longer.

Neither Tony or Mike would be welcomed at Tom's church except to sit in the back and repent

TurningPointReject
Well Jeff,

Mike runs off to Richmond Texas and rents a nice little home in the Mission Sierra subdivision- 25 minutes from Tony's little enclave in Katy TX - (now known as Live Oaks Christian Fellowship) after the Elders in your church give him designated funds from the building fund as severance package.

Im curious. . .

Was this a SECOND severance package?
How much money did the church give Mike when you and the elders launched Mike out to start UGM?

All the while you still have yet to tell your fleeced flock the whole truth.
You still have yet to submit all accounts to an independent auditor for a forensic review.
You still have yet to refund anyone who has asked for a refund of their designated gifts to the building fund.

When will you step up to the plate and do the right thing?
Or are you simply thumbing your nose at the sheep, thinking they would never dare sue?

Posted by: UndeniablyLivid ()
Date: December 15, 2010 07:44AM

Send those cards and letters!

Michael D Villamor
17719 Canyon Bloom Ln
Richmond, TX 77407-4766

Household: Cynthia L Villamor

Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: December 20, 2010 08:44AM

Well, no matter what kind of ringer you've been through as a result of your church morphing into a cult, Christmas is still Christmas, because Jesus is still the Christ. AMEN?

"Glory to God in the highest,
And on earth, peace, goodwill toward men."

I want to wish all my fellow "forum-ers" a blessed Christmas as we celebrate the arrival of Emmanuel--"God with us"--in the person of Jesus Christ. He never changes, no matter what else in our world may change.

Love to you all

PS: And it is my hope that even those who have harmed, deceived, and stolen from God's people will somehow find true repentance, make full restitution, and receive the abundant mercy of God's forgiveness that Jesus came to bring us all. We're ready to forgive you, when you are ready to get real with us. I hope 2011 will be the year you choose to do that. Love to you as well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.