Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: November 17, 2010 12:17PM

Look how Mike Villamor is marketing himself now: [comfibook.com]

"Show me the MONEY!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: UndeniablyLivid ()
Date: November 17, 2010 11:17PM

In all fairneee, that first post is old and the 2nd one is not "our" Mike. There is another Mike in the athletic arena that always comes up when you Google mike Villamor. This was an unfair jab.

Date: November 18, 2010 06:16AM

UndeniablyLivid
In all fairneee, that first post is old and the 2nd one is not "our" Mike. There is another Mike in the athletic arena that always comes up when you Google mike Villamor. This was an unfair jab.

Senior Pastor/Church Planter, Turning Point Church World Outreach Center (Non-Profit Organization Management industry), 1996 - Present
Church Planter, founding 5 churches in 3 countries President, Pacific Northwest Bible College Founder, Summer Jubilee (summerjubilee.info) Founder, The Speiro Group, LLC (REI) Founder, Haven Resorts, ...
More info at:[comfibook.com]

this may be an old post but it sure reveals the heart of Mike, what happend to humble servant of the living God? I didnt realize that all the while I served at tp I was a member of non profit organization industry. but that is exactly what it is to many a leader making money off God. this sickens me

Posted by: buddy ()
Date: November 18, 2010 04:56PM

TPCWOC Home Web Site Under : Elders / Deacons

Turning Point deacons are down to nine, I believe three are missing!

Date: November 19, 2010 04:57PM

Update : TPCWOC Home web site under : Elders / Deacons

Turning Point deacons went back up to ten, I believe two are missing!

Date: November 19, 2010 05:09PM

Why would a person want to be and elder or deacon at TPCWOC after all the spiritual abuse? How come we have not seen new elders or deacons? As we close in on 150,000 views would it be a good thing to have a Forum get together!

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: November 19, 2010 09:59PM

nooneofanyimportence
UndeniablyLivid

Senior Pastor/Church Planter, Turning Point Church World Outreach Center (Non-Profit Organization Management industry), 1996 - Present
Church Planter, founding 5 churches in 3 countries President, Pacific Northwest Bible College Founder, Summer Jubilee (summerjubilee.info) Founder, The Speiro Group, LLC (REI) Founder, Haven Resorts, ...
More info at:[comfibook.com]

this may be an old post but it sure reveals the heart of Mike, what happend to humble servant of the living God? I didnt realize that all the while I served at tp I was a member of non profit organization industry. but that is exactly what it is to many a leader making money off God. this sickens me

The issue of false converts being in the pulpit or pastoring a church, this is the real issue here! Jesus said wolves will come in and mislead many. The church has let down its guard, elders have turned a blind eye and dishonered that roll & position in the church and collectively believers have let down there guard for sound biblical teaching.
Remember what the apostle Paul said to Timothy, preach the gospel preach it in season and out of season in other words preach the gospel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2010 10:21PM by BraveHeart.

Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: November 20, 2010 05:50AM

The link was obviously not to point out the "other" Mike Villamor. I think everyone understood that it was the listing of the Mike Villamor who is relevant to this thread that was being pointed out. I know it's not a brand-new listing, but it's not an old, old one either. The made-over Mike and Cyndi pictures aren't ancient history. I guess it depends on how you look at time frames. In my book, this is the image they were shooting for during their last stage of "ministry" at Turning Point. It's what they were (and likely still are) all about.

I wouldn't call it an unfair jab if it's the reality. WE didn't make up that profile and post their picture on the site. It was Mike's and Cyndi's own marketing pitch of themselves. I only posted it to show their mentality/approach to ministry: It's all about the MONEY (with some power image thrown in to help make it happen).

UndeniablyLivid

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2010 05:51AM by LearningPoint.

Date: November 20, 2010 06:38AM

amen learningpoint, its sure not the mike and cyndi I first met 15 years ago. when I read the stuff posted on the link about all mikes achievments. It actually made me wonder if there really was a God, heres one of many men who claim to know God , who use Him for their own ambitious plans. without fear they exploit His people, they teach us of a man who taught humility, service, and love of man and God as our goals. yet all the while having selfish ambitions of their own. whats sad is there are still a lot of mike and cyndi worshipers out their, maybe its their own pride(the worshipers) that keeps them from admiting they were duped.

Date: November 20, 2010 07:03AM

I do not understand why there are still those that think that the Villamors or any of the remaining staff at TPC, including Jeff Barnes, are going to follow a system of moral principles governing the appropriate conduct for a person or group -- in other words act ethically and with integrity. They will not and choose not to follow any system of moral principles governing the appropriate conduct for a Christian person or group which would cause them to do the right thing and tell the truth and possibly let all the new members of TPC to see them with warts and all. Jeff has a real reason to protect his new congregants from the truth. Not a good reason, but a reason all the same.

Every legal book I have read about restricted donations says that a church must use donations for the purpose it was given and that purpose alone, especially when it comes to special purpose donations. If there comes a time when the church wants to use the funds for another purpose ethically they are required to go back to the folks who gave the restricted donations and ask them if it is okay to use the money for another purpose. TPC did not do that. Even with Mike Villamor gone, Jeff Barnes continues to lead in a manner which shows that he too is just as unethical and lacks the integrity we all saw in Mike Villamor and left TPC over. Jeff lacks the ethics and integrity any reasonable man would exercise in similar circumstances in which Jeff now finds himself.

Trying to build a church on lies will doom it to fail. Jeff Barnes is attempting to do just that, build up Turning Point Church on lies. So long as he continues to act ethically Turning Point is doomed to fail.

The vast majority of other churches know and treat restricted donations according to rules both written and unwritten in an ethical manner and with integrity. These churches show their respect for their congregation by using the money as the persons who gave it intended it to be used and by asking if circumstances change and the church wants to use the money in a different way than the money was solicited and given. Those churches who have acted in less than unethical (legal) ways and whose pastoral staff and elders have used restricted funds as their personal money pot for whatever they chose show their lack of respect for their congregation. Jeff Barnes does not respect former or current members of TPC.

Jeff may think he is getting a get out of sin free card about the misuse of the Stewardship money. He is not. God will deal with him and all those elders and deacons who enabled Mike and Jeff to defraud those people who gave to the Stewardship Fund. Wait and watch.

Perhaps Jon Jensen woke up, after all he was a police officer for how many years? I cannot imagine him wanting to be a party to anything which smacks of illegality.

D of D

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2010 07:12AM by Daughter of Dorcas.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.