Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: October 26, 2010 09:23AM

GREAT ARTICLE, wherefromhere. It couldn't be any clearer than that! Every current board member and former board member should be sent a copy of this, certified mail.

Where did you find this? Let us know the magazine or newsletter and author of the article. K?

Thanks so much!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ostracizedone ()
Date: October 26, 2010 09:48PM

nooneofanyimportence
ostracizedone
Has God deserted Heaven,
and left it up to you,
To judge if this or that is right,
And what each one should do?

I think he's still in business,
And knows when to weild the rod,
So when your'e judging others,
Just remember you're not-God

This is not a condemnation of anyone on this board or TPWOC, just a humble attempt at an apology and request for forgiveness to all affected by my participation ! Peace! God Bless!

sometimes God uses men to expose evil, remember nathan and david, and the prophets, so that may be a cute poem but not necessarily scriptual, its funny how when one tells someone not to judge and their not God, it requires the same actions on the person saying that, judging and playing God , telling others not to judge is a trap, it makes you a judger

For we read in Romans 1:21 that "although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened." The obstinate refusal to glorify God as God leads to the corruption of the heart and of the mind. For "since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done." Rom 1:28

I imagine you gave $ freely without expectation of repayment correct?

Date: October 26, 2010 10:56PM

ostracizedone
nooneofanyimportence
ostracizedone
Has God deserted Heaven,
and left it up to you,

This is not a condemnation of anyone on this board or TPWOC, just a humble attempt at an apology and request for forgiveness to all affected by my participation ! Peace! God Bless!

sometimes God uses men to expose evil, remember nathan and david, and the prophets, so that may be a cute poem but not necessarily scriptual, its funny how when one tells someone not to judge and their not God, it requires the same actions on the person saying that, judging and playing God , telling others not to judge is a trap, it makes you a judger

For we read in Romans 1:21 that "although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened." The obstinate refusal to glorify God as God leads to the corruption of the heart and of the mind. For "since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done." Rom 1:28

exactly, I gave my money to God, what the leaders did with it is on them. I'm not sure what that verse has to do with exposing evil, which is what the topic was.

Date: October 26, 2010 11:15PM

ostracise I hope your not judging the people who want their money back, that would negate your poem, which like I said to post something like that requires a judgement. even the writer of the poem had to be judging to write the poem, lol, its the same thing as saying to someone worthy words, that in itself is not worthy words , because the person making that statement is judging the other persons words and being unworthy, Thats why the bible was Gods words to us, He tells us right and wrong, if we choose to read it, Its up to the Holy spirit to convict, not each of us, to convict the other. even me writing this is doing the Holy spirits job, unless He is using me, I am never certain since there is so much delusion going around. if all this mess with turningpoint church, get straightend out, it will deffinately be God who gets the glory, becasue we sure cant fix anything.

Posted by: UndeniablyLivid ()
Date: October 26, 2010 11:47PM

Ostrasized you swing from one pole to the other being tossed about by every wind. There's a huge difference between judging fruit and judging people's hearts. I can say that their actions disgust me -- but I should never say THEY disgust me (however, I have said that.) What TP has done is WRONG. Their actions are WRONG. We're not judging their character, their hearts, their salvation, their walk with God -- only their WRONG actions in regards to the money issue. I will admit I have judged hearts regarding their teaching of false doctrine, but I will not back down on judging the false doctrine. And I'm still struggling with with all of this. Actually they do disgust me because they will not OWN their wrong doing. So I can judge that FRUIT of non-repentance. Don't judge ME Ostrasized. You are flat out judging everyone on here.

Posted by: Brokenhearted ()
Date: October 27, 2010 03:16AM

Quote:
ostracizedone
Has God deserted Heaven,
and left it up to you,

This isn't about having given with the expectation of repayment. It was given (freely), for the purpose of furturing God's kngdom. Instead, the money was used to furthur Mike's kingdom. It was fraud. There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking for it back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2010 03:17AM by Brokenhearted.

Date: October 27, 2010 04:05AM

brokenhearted I was just thinking the same thing on the way home. one problem is many have opinions and some who have the loudest opinions never even gave to the building fund. or maybe they gave 10 bucks and feel they know something. I was thinking many, including myself gave huge amounts, gave up retirement and major possessions , to further GODS kingdom. but we find out we furthered mike and cyndis kingdom well i really dont want to be storing up treasures in mike and cyndis kingdom, any kingdom of mans will rot and fade away. so how can I judge what people should do about the building fund, like the leaders of tp who will pay the price for their actions. each one of us will do so also, I just get sick of selfrighteous spiritual gobbly gook, poured out on others by someone who doesnt even live up to the stuff their saying. people call you a judger, and cant even see they are making a judgement saying that. their mad at tp because they were treated badly, didnt get what they wanted, their ambitions werent met, and then the next day they get what they want , and are suddenly repentent of the stuff they said about turningpoint. I sorry about this rant I'm venting my own frustrations, with the wishy washy so called Gods people I know, and you know what I'm sick of my own wishy washy crap too. the facts are tp misused funds. they lied, covered up the truth,worshiped people and let those people control them, and do things they knew were wrong, and they still justify it by I was tricked or decieved.. Well there has been no public confession of any of this, and in reality If you are so weak and easily decieved, then what the heck are you doing in leadership anyway, If the leaders really cared about God and truth, and the sheep, thay'd admit to themselves their lack, and step down, making room for someone who isnt weak. why would a blind man insist on leading other blind men.

Date: October 27, 2010 05:21AM

Hey! go easy on Ostricizedone... you may cause Ost to spill that glass of koolaid that theyve started drinking again....

Posted by: Saddened ()
Date: October 27, 2010 06:17AM

Does this fact pattern in this article sound familiar, with the exception that Mike's handpicked elders were not all family but they were loyal:

IRS CHARGES MINISTER AND HIS FAMILY
WITH INTERMEDIATE SANCTIONS
By Frank Sommerville, JD, CPA
What started out as a simple IRS examination of a tax return of a church
employee has turned into a major tax problem for a minister and his family. In five
Technical Advice Memorandums, the IRS has demonstrated the details that it will
examine.
FACTS
A nondenominational independent church was founded by a minister. He was
given the power to select all directors. He selected himself, his wife, two sons and his
daughter to serve as the church's directors. The church was apparently successful
because the church paid cash for several homes. The church secured several vehicles and
credit cards, which it distributed to the minister, his wife, two sons and son-in-law. The
church also secured cell phones for the family members.
The church never adopted or followed a qualified accountable expense plan. No
one accounted for the personal use of church assets or credit cards. The family members
charged a large amount of personal expenses to the credit cards. They lived in the
church's homes and drove the church's cars. Virtually, no receipts were kept. No logs
were kept.
The IRS examined the family's tax returns. They discovered that the church was
paying substantial amounts of their living expenses. Instead of opening a church
examination, they simply asserted penalties and taxes that could exceed 265% of the
benefits that the church conferred on the family.
PENALTIES
In lieu of revoking the church's tax exempt status, the IRS asked Congress to
allow it to assess an excise tax on the bad actor who wrongfully exploited the church's
assets. Congress then passed what is commonly called "intermediate sanctions." This
sanction is imposed on insiders who work for the church and who benefit from "excess
benefit transactions." An excess benefit transaction is one where the insider is paid more
than is reasonable. The IRS has interpreted this sanction to apply to transactions where
an insider receives a taxable benefit, but that benefit is not included in the insider's
taxable income on the church's Form W-2.
First, an excise tax in the amount of 25% of the excess benefit transaction is
imposed on the insider who received the benefit. This tax is in addition to income taxes
on the amount of the benefit. The insider must make the church whole by paying the
amount of excess benefit transaction to the church within the same taxable year that he
{C:\zms\001\non999\09025\OFS2444.DOC;1\OFS}
received the excess benefit. If the amount is not repaid, then an excise tax in the amount
of 200% of the excess benefit transaction is imposed.
Since 1989, Treas. Reg. Section 1.62-2 has required employers to adopt and
follow a qualified accountable expense reimbursement plan. The plan must be written
and communicated to employees. It must require that the employee document all
expenses timely and in the manner required by Section 274 of the Internal Revenue Code.
The regulation requires other details to be covered as well.
APPLICATION
Since the church did not have a qualified accountable expense reimbursement
plan, all expenses that benefited the family members were excess benefit transactions.
The charges included department store purchases, car repairs, food purchases, hotel
charges, clothing purchases, etc. Except for the charges the family proved up related to
attending a seminar, the credit cards charges were excess benefit transactions. Since no
records were kept, all costs related to their cell phones were excess benefit transactions.
The family kept no mileage logs, so all vehicle costs were excess benefit transactions.
The church provided multiple homes to the pastor and paid some expenses related
to the home owned by the minister. Since the church provided more than a single
parsonage, the fair rental value of the additional homes was an excess benefit transaction.
Even the satellite TV charges and phone charges at the minister's home were excess
benefit transactions. The IRS also asserted the sanction for the security systems charges
related to the minister's home.
One family member wrote a church check for a computer. Since he could not
produce the actual receipt, the IRS imposed the sanction in the amount of the check.
The church also paid a private investigator to follow a daughter-in-law. Since this
was a personal expense, the sanction was imposed.
The church paid a lawyer to advise a family member regarding her network
television appearance. This payment was an excess benefit transaction.
SUGGESTIONS
Here are my suggestions to avoid the sanctions imposed above:
1. Adopt a qualified accountable expense reimbursement plan.
2. Have the plan reviewed by a professional tax adviser.
3. Follow the qualified accountable expense reimbursement plan.
4. Have the expense reports reviewed by an independent party for appropriateness
and documentation.
5. Hire independent finance people and give them the authority to question any
transaction.
6. Hire an outside tax adviser to audit whether the W-2 includes all taxable income.
7. Review all fringe benefits to determine whether they are taxable.

Perhaps we need to write a letter to the IRS!!!

Saddened

Posted by: UndeniablyLivid ()
Date: October 27, 2010 06:38AM

And imagine Mike Villamor's personal tax debt for 2010. How will he pay taxes on $50,000? But oh -- they are going to California in December. Wish I could afford a nice family vacation! Oh! I probably could with all the money I gave to the Lord that the WOLVES devoured.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.