Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Date: September 29, 2010 11:23PM

Many of us gave money to TPC for the stewardship campaign. The money was given to purchas the trophy shop and the little house next door to it. That way expansion or new construction of a larger church could be accomplished. This was always the goal as it was posed to my husband and I. However that is not how the stewardship money was used. A bus was purchased, I was there when my husband asked if the bus was purchased to pickup shut ins so they could attend church and the answer was yes according both a Deacon and an Elder. The bus did nothing but drive around Asbury field on the pretence of picking up people, what a monstrous waste of money. I could go on. The law us quite clear, churches can only use money for the purpose a donor gives it. The money we gave was misused. We certainly did not give it to give Mike a golden parachute severance package to leave town. Yet, Jeff Barnes and Debbie Bowman have indicated that it will take them 30 days to review our demand for the return of our money. It seems pretty simple to me, we were defrauded by TPC, our money was used in a manner that was never intended. The law says that TPC owes us a refund, unless we choose to decline one which we will not do. We shouldn't have had to ask. It certainly should not take 30 days to figure all this out. Since the state attorney general only wants to know about misconduct, but cannot legally do anything, then perhaps it is time to call the County Prosecutors officer. Laws have been broken and Jeff Barnes and Debbie Bowman are responsible.

If Cyndi removed check requests and other accounting documentation in order to create circumstantial evidence that looked damning, as has been alleged by the remaining TPC Elders and staff, in an attempt to frame our Dear Sister In Christ then shouldn't local law officials be investigating? If someone creates circumstantial evidence so that an innocent person is wrongly convicted of a crime which happened when TPC held their meeting and tried Pastor Jackie in the court of public opinion of TPC members, they have I am sure commited a criminal act. Those that allowed it to happen are accomplices. If this were to happen in a for profit company, someone would go to jail. However, since this happened at a church we all should ignore the truth and offer forgiveness and grace to unrepentent church officials?

We want my money back and we want Pastor Jackie given a public apology from the pulpit during the sermon, not as an aside during the worship portion of a service which no one who has left can hear by listening to Jeff's sermon.

D of D

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 30, 2010 12:29AM

Daughter of Dorcas
Many of us gave money to TPC for the stewardship campaign. The money was given to purchas the trophy shop and the little house next door to it. That way expansion or new construction of a larger church could be accomplished. This was always the goal as it was posed to my husband and I. However that is not how the stewardship money was used. A bus was purchased, I was there when my husband asked if the bus was purchased to pickup shut ins so they could attend church and the answer was yes according both a Deacon and an Elder. The bus did nothing but drive around Asbury field on the pretence of picking up people, what a monstrous waste of money. I could go on. The law us quite clear, churches can only use money for the purpose a donor gives it. The money we gave was misused. We certainly did not give it to give Mike a golden parachute severance package to leave town. Yet, Jeff Barnes and Debbie Bowman have indicated that it will take them 30 days to review our demand for the return of our money. It seems pretty simple to me, we were defrauded by TPC, our money was used in a manner that was never intended. The law says that TPC owes us a refund, unless we choose to decline one which we will not do. We shouldn't have had to ask. It certainly should not take 30 days to figure all this out. Since the state attorney general only wants to know about misconduct, but cannot legally do anything, then perhaps it is time to call the County Prosecutors officer. Laws have been broken and Jeff Barnes and Debbie Bowman are responsible.

If Cyndi removed check requests and other accounting documentation in order to create circumstantial evidence that looked damning, as has been alleged by the remaining TPC Elders and staff, in an attempt to frame our Dear Sister In Christ then shouldn't local law officials be investigating? If someone creates circumstantial evidence so that an innocent person is wrongly convicted of a crime which happened when TPC held their meeting and tried Pastor Jackie in the court of public opinion of TPC members, they have I am sure commited a criminal act. Those that allowed it to happen are accomplices. If this were to happen in a for profit company, someone would go to jail. However, since this happened at a church we all should ignore the truth and offer forgiveness and grace to unrepentent church officials?

We want my money back and we want Pastor Jackie given a public apology from the pulpit during the sermon, not as an aside during the worship portion of a service which no one who has left can hear by listening to Jeff's sermon.

D of D

A couple of thoughts come to mind as I read this post:

First, those who continue to give of their financial resources are foolish to do so.

Secondly, a full and complete forensic audit of ALL accounts MUST be performed if Jeff is to have any hope of credibility and trust restored.

Which brings me to my last point: If Elders and staff knew of a concerted effort by M and C to defame, slander and frame Jackie and yet chose to remain silent, or worse, chose to participate is this game of satan, those Elders and Staff are wicked and need to step down. This includes Jeff and Kim,
Jeff and Ron, and Debbie.

An outside consultant with no ties to TPC or this forum came in and his conclusion was no different than many on this forum. In my opinion Turning Point Church is a Cult...not a church. J and K are cult leaders, not pastors; and those who attend are cult members who continue to brain washed and manipulated.

Regarding an apology to Jackie: TPC leaders need to take out a full page ad in the local news paper and apologize to Jackie and to the community. Jackie's name has been publicly drug through the mud and TPC used the community to advance its own agenda-the enrichment of its leadership on the backs of its cult members.

Finally- where are M and C? What are they doing? Are they starting another "church"? Why are they not being called to accountability? Is this not like the priests who molest the children and are then quietly shuttled off to another location to begin anew? Shame on Jeff and Kim and the TPC leadership for enabling M and C's departure. Who are M and C conning now?

Posted by: Saddened ()
Date: September 30, 2010 09:26AM

If you Google Mike Villamor the third link is to this forum. Do you really think in this day and age of cyberspace that Mike can go anywhere that they will not find out what he did to the people who attended his church? to his staff? to the reputation of the church? I think not. His only hope is to get on staff somewhere and try to resurrect his reputation and career.

I like the idea of the full page ad apology to Pastor Jackie in the Everett Herald. I think that would be FAIR!

Saddened

Posted by: UndeniablyLivid ()
Date: September 30, 2010 11:45AM

I think the Singers should sue the Villamors. We are commanded not to take our brothers to court, but I wonder if Mike is a brother. Only God know I guess, but his actions do not portray a regenerated heart.

Date: October 01, 2010 12:06AM

Hmmmm are they really out the door at TPC?

License Information:
Entity Name: TURNING POINT CHILD CARE CENTER
Firm Name: TURNING POINT CHILD CARE CENTER
License Type: Washington State Business
Entity Type: Nonprofit Corporation
UBI: 602589838 Business ID:001 Location ID:0001
Location Address:
1413 8TH ST
MARYSVILLE, WA, 98270
Mailing Address:
1402 7TH ST
MARYSVILLE, WA, 98270
Licenses Held at this location: License Status Expires First Issued
City of Marysville General Business Active 11/30/2010 11/30/2005
Governing People:
CYNDI VILLAMOR
DEBRA BOWMAN
Registered Trade Names:
TURNING POINT CHILD CARE CENTER
Information Current as of 09/30/2010 4:55AM Pacific Time

License Information:
Entity Name: UNITED GLOBAL MINISTRIES
Firm Name: UNITED GLOBAL MINISTRIES
License Type: Washington State Business
Entity Type: Nonprofit Corporation
UBI: 602947423 Business ID:001 Location ID:
Status To check the status of this company, go to Secretary of State..
Location Address:
Mailing Address:
Governing People:
CALVIN BONTRAGER
CYNDI VILLAMOR
JEFF BARNES
MIKE VILLAMOR
Information Current as of 09/30/2010 4:55AM Pacific Time

Posted by: Miki ()
Date: October 01, 2010 11:22AM

I always had a problem with Debbie Bowman! Her nose must be so brown compare to the rest of her body. Sorry, But I think I have more of a dislike to her than to M&C

Date: October 09, 2010 03:16AM

I talked to D of D this morning. She and her husband requested a refund of their Stewardship donation over a month ago. After asking for time and patience, Jeff Barnes emailed them last night saying the TPC elders and collaberators were drafting a letter to them. It took six weeks for that? Nothing has changed. Jeff and company are ripping people off just the way Mike Villamor did. Its pretty obvious that the order of the day is stonewall, lie, and cheat people out of their money because TPC is an elder led church and they should be able to do whatever they want with donated money no matter what the donor gave them the money for. Never mind the law about church donations. It really is business as usual at TPC.

They are really disgusted, as should everyone be including those still attending church at TPC.

Saddened

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2010 03:24AM by Saddened.

Posted by: UndeniablyLivid ()
Date: October 09, 2010 03:54AM

Right Saddened! And we are ALL still awaiting the PUBLIC apology for the heresy, lies, deceit, loss of family and friends and CRAP that was vomited from the pulpit while the so-called "elders" stood by and did NOTHING! I want a PUBLIC apology for puking into my life!

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: October 09, 2010 04:34AM

UndeniablyLivid
Right Saddened! And we are ALL still awaiting the PUBLIC apology for the heresy, lies, deceit, loss of family and friends and CRAP that was vomited from the pulpit while the so-called "elders" stood by and did NOTHING! I want a PUBLIC apology for puking into my life!
This is the same thing we would like to see from the dear leader Tony Cunningham in Sacramento.

Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: October 09, 2010 05:32AM

Saddened
Its pretty obvious that the order of the day is stonewall, lie, and cheat people out of their money because TPC is an elder led church and they should be able to do whatever they want with donated money no matter what the donor gave them the money for. Never mind the law about church donations. It really is business as usual at TPC.

They are really disgusted, as should everyone be including those still attending church at TPC.

Saddened

Just for the record, TPC's version of an elder-led church is a corruption of the classic, traditional, healthy way of elder-led churches where the pastor is answerable to a board of elders who are not compromised by conflicts of interest. Elders on such boards are supposed to be above reproach per job descriptions in the books of Timothy and Titus. Elder-led churches that function properly are generally healthy.

The problem is that TPC was only ever POSING as an elder-led church. Mike and Cyndi ran the show, and the elders were only there as decoration to make it all look valid and on the up and up.

So, elder-leadership is not the problem. Authoritarian leaders PRETENDING to have elder-led churches (and their corrupt/cowardly/ignorant/foolish elder boards) are the problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2010 05:33AM by LearningPoint.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.