Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Date: April 24, 2010 04:38AM

Paul Washer's Testimony

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: UndeniablyLivid ()
Date: April 24, 2010 06:02AM

Matt Chandler. Now this guy is talking about the difference between preaching about irreverent silly myths and preaching to change hearts. OMG -- this is what TP needs to hear! Heard about him through a post on John Piper somewhere. He's solid!

Posted by: tell the truth ()
Date: April 24, 2010 10:16PM

Wow, so awe inspiring. So raw and relevant. I hope he doesn't turn into someone who lives the faith prosperity message but preaches an incongruent message with how he lives. God, protect Paul Washer from the way of man and keep him from the influence of the evil one. People who are calling out the great lie need God's protection. We are all capable of becoming worldly focused as we experience success. We are all capable of accepting the worship of others as they tell us how wonderful we are for serving in a ministry. It is our job to point these people to Jesus and not accept the praise and worship of others. [/b]

TurningPointReject
Paul Washer's Testimony

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: April 25, 2010 01:13AM

Greetings to all my Marysville Friends Keep up that battle by defending the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

This message and testimony is beyond being relevant it is historically correct, timely, brutally honest and truthful.
I’m reminded of the verse that says;
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

I first heard Paul Washer listening to Wretched Radio on Sirius Radio Chanel 161

You can stream the show at wretched radio

Posted by: buddy ()
Date: April 25, 2010 01:13PM

[www.tpcsv.com]

Check out the bulletin for 4/18 on the Skagit Valley Church home web site before they remove it.
Jon Wright does a lip sync to a song called I want to be a freakin' billionaire right before he announces that false prosperity word-faith teacher Ken Ralston will be speaking at the church on May 2nd.

Must see, before they remove it.

Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: April 25, 2010 02:45PM

It's sick! It's shameless! It's sad.

I only wish it weren't so.

buddy
http://www.tpcsv.com

Check out the bulletin for 4/18 on the Skagit Valley Church home web site before they remove it.
Jon Wright does a lip sync to a song called I want to be a freakin' billionaire right before he announces that false prosperity word-faith teacher Ken Ralston will be speaking at the church on May 2nd.

Posted by: outreach ()
Date: April 26, 2010 07:34AM

It is sad. They need to wake up. I am sure glad we go to a church where the Pastor teaches the truth.

Outreach

buddy

Posted by: UndeniablyLivid ()
Date: April 26, 2010 10:46AM

And using a song with the words "so 'frickin' bad in a church bulletin!!!. Are you serious? I find this almost impossible to believe. But why should I find anything impossible to believe with this cult. It's so painful to me. Thank God my wife and I found a church where the pastor really preaches the Word of God. No more pep talks about having our best life now. What a concept, the simple Word. Why is it so hard for pastors to wrap their heads around this? When will my anger go away?

Date: April 26, 2010 12:25PM

Luke 15

"No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money (mammon)."

14The Pharisees, who loved money, heard all this and were sneering at Jesus. 15He said to them, "You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of men (ever hear a pastor say,"my home is used for God's glory"?), but God knows your hearts. What is highly valued among men is detestable in God's sight.

From Wiki:

Webster's dictionary defines "Mammon" or "Mann" as: 1) the false god of riches and avarice. 2) riches regarded as an object of worship and greedy pursuit; wealth as an evil, more or less personified.[1] Winston defines it to mean: 1) wealth, worldly gain; 2) greed for riches; cupidity.[2] Oxford defines: god of wealth, regarded as evil or immoral; 'those who worship mammon' are equivalent to greedy people who value money too highly.[3]

In the Bible, Mammon is personified in Luke 16:13

, and Matthew 6:24

, the latter verse repeating Luke 16:13. In some translations, Luke 16:9

and Luke 16:11

also personify mammon; but in others, it is translated as 'dishonest wealth' or equivalent. In some Spanish versions, it is said as "Mamón", but in others, as "Dinero" (Spanish for "money").

Early mentions of Mammon appear to stem from the personification in the Gospels, e.g. Didascalia, "Do solo Mammona cogitant, quorum Deus est sacculus"; and Saint Augustine, "Lucrum Punice Mammon dicitur" (Serm. on Mt., ii). Gregory of Nyssa also asserted that Mammon was another name for Beelzebub.

During the Middle Ages, Mammon was commonly personified as the demon of avarice, richness and injustice. Thus Peter Lombard (II, dist. 6) says, "Riches are called by the name of a devil, namely Mammon, for Mammon is the name of a devil, by which name riches are called according to the Syrian tongue." Piers Plowman also regards Mammon as a deity. Nicholas de Lyra (commenting on the passage in Luke) says: "Mammon est nomen daemonis" (Mammon is the name of a demon).

No trace, however, of any Syriac god of such a name exists, and the common literary identification of the name with a god of covetousness or avarice likely stems from Spenser's The Faerie Queene, where Mammon oversees a cave of worldly wealth. Milton's Paradise Lost describes a fallen angel who values earthly treasure over all other things.[4][5] Later occultist writings such as De Plancy's Dictionnaire Infernal describe Mammon as Hell's ambassador to England. For Thomas Carlyle in Past and Present, the 'Gospel of Mammonism' became simply a metaphoric personification for the materialist spirit of the nineteenth century.

Mammon is somewhat similar to the Greek god Plutus, and the Roman Dis Pater, in his description, and it is likely that he was at some point based on them; especially since Plutus appears in The Divine Comedy as a wolf-like demon of wealth, wolves being associated with greed in the Middle Ages. Thomas Aquinas metaphorically described the sin of Avarice as "Mammon being carried up from Hell by a wolf, coming to inflame the human heart with Greed".

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: April 27, 2010 02:01AM

buddy

ALSO THE BULLETIN 4.18.2010

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.