a

Attachments: 89333006.jpg (321 bytes)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: ostracizedone ()
Date: April 22, 2010 08:25AM

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as
when they do it from religious conviction. If the divine
call does not make us better, it will make us very much worse.
Of all bad men, religious bad men are the worst.The smarter
you are, the better your reasons for doing the wrong things..Hurt people hurt people.

The greatest threat to the church today is not from
without but from our own leadership within.
Don’t you ever be called Doctor, Reverend or Master,
for you have but one Master and you are all brothers and sisters

Keep watch over yourselves and over all the flock…
savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock…
Therefore be alert… And now I commend you to God and to the
message of his grace, a message that is able to build you up…

Mike believes he is the chosen one,the grand master,he serves no God merely his own maniacal ego and insatiable desire for power and money.Those that follow him and those like him are merely enablers of evil.He is doomed!

John 15:13-Greater love hath no man than this,that a man lay down his own life for his friends

Mike demands everyone lay down their lives for him.And all those under him are taught he is the uber important one .Their children,money,time and energy are all to be utilized as mike sees fit! Quite sad!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2010 08:28AM by ostracizedone.

Posted by: tell the truth ()
Date: April 22, 2010 11:23AM

As I reflect back on my life in the church, it has always been a time of hurtful instances mixed with fragments of care. I think it is a place where our humanness cannot help but surface, yet also a place where we deny the basic elements of who we are as sinful people dressed up in nuances of spirituality. We are told to put on the armor of God, but instead, we put on the armor of man so that we will be accepted and others worshiped. We are told not to judge, but we do it anyways. We judge friends, acquaintances and others, but most of all, we ourselves will be judged and I try to remember this reality. It's hard though because hurts re-experienced, and trauma re-activated by repeated defects in the church body can send me back into self-doubt, judgmentalness and insecurity not to mention fear. Some believe fear is not from God, but I do. I also believe that perfect love, which only God can give, casts out all fear. So the fear that can sometimes be a gift to me, sends me running into His open arms. This may not be true for everyone, but it is true for me. You may judge me as wrong, and that's ok because I don't know everything and at times, know very little. Right now, I am attending a sapling church full of non chartered believers. I am liking this very much. No false pretense, although I am sure it is there I just don't see it yet, a pastor with a loving heart yet no dynamic presentation of awe-inspiring word. Yet when I think about it, isn't that how it should be? Should the pastor produce awe, or should he point to the one who is awesome? Yes, I think that this is how it should be...for me anyways.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2010 11:26AM by tell the truth.

Date: April 23, 2010 03:20AM

TPC's Unlimited-The Young Professionals
The place was packed...yep...looks packed. All 25 of em. They look enthused too...
And they all look...so...professional....t-shirts...ball caps... and all

Young Professionals having their brains washed nice and clean. Do you suppose they pay double honor?
If so, who do they pay it to? Mike? Jeff? or Jeff?

Who might be their spiritual daddy? Mike? Jeff? or Jeff?
Who is their Cover? Mike? Jeff? or Jeff?
Who do they look to most? Mike? Jeff? Jeff? or Jesus?

Do the young professionals clean, cook, mow and do the laundry for Mike? Jeff? or Jeff?
What are the young professionals being taught?
Are they being taught to lie and cover up?
Are they being taught to test all things?
Curious.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2010 03:32AM by TurningPointReject.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: April 23, 2010 09:14AM

I want to encourage all of you in your battle against false teachers & false teachings.

HERE IS A VIDEO THAT ADDRESSES WHAT WE HERE ON THIS BLOG HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SAY

[www.youtube.com]

Your Thoughts???

BraveHeart

Posted by: tell the truth ()
Date: April 23, 2010 11:42AM

Even better is the Joel Olsteen vs. Paul Washer part 3 of 3. Wow. So good. So true and so right. If I knew how to post it here I would, but I can't.

Date: April 24, 2010 12:22AM

BraveHeart
I want to encourage all of you in your battle against false teachers & false teachings.

HERE IS A VIDEO THAT ADDRESSES WHAT WE HERE ON THIS BLOG HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SAY

[www.youtube.com]

Your Thoughts???
one thing i noticed is the comments, because he says the truth he is labled mean or divisive. not loveing, but what he said about the addict who died and the pastor saying all these nice things and how he was going to heaven, and what that pastor caused, is so true. caring more about how he looked then the truth, thats what really bugs me the most about all this stuff, I remember reading the bible and what stuck out to me that day was that God hates liars, being such a liar myself it really got to me, yet we lie to each other daily in the name of being nice, not being devicive, pretending to love,when all we want is to be right, and have our way, and when you do tell the truth your labeled judgemental, or you dont have Christ in your heart. I myself would rather be alone and right with God then have lots of friends who lie to each other. so I thought the video was awesome not because I agree (which I do) but becasue he has the balls to be honest and not make up stories to make himself look good, I can trust a person like that.

Date: April 24, 2010 01:25AM

“Error is like leaven, of which we read, ‘A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.’ Truth mixed with error is equivalent to all error, except that it is more innocent looking and, therefore, more dangerous. God hates such a mixture! Any error, or any truth-and-error mixture, calls for definite exposure and repudiation. To condone such is to be unfaithful to God and His Word and treacherous to imperiled souls for whom Christ died.”

Dr. Harry Ironside

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2010 01:41AM by TurningPointReject.

Posted by: UndeniablyLivid ()
Date: April 24, 2010 02:01AM

I loved the Paul Washer video. And Reject, what you say about taking the truth mixed with error is what I hear ALL THE TIME from my friends still at TP. They say, "we take the good with the bad" or "those are disputable issues." And then they encourage the congregation to attend conferences where truth is mixed with error ALL THE TIME! Personally, I don't want to sit in a church where ERROR is taught at all or where disputable issues are the standard fare. And somewhere I read a comment I loved and sums it up (maybe in a comment under the video). It said, if the pastor focuses on self, having a good life here, and making the most of of your life on earth, then it's not god-honoring and it won't change your heart. But if the pastor focuses constantly on scripture and let's his preaching of God's word change the heart -- then that's god-honoring and truly life changing. (I really paraphrased that comment I read -- but that's what I think it means.) I want to have my heart transformed so I can be prepared for eternity where my real home is. And if a pastor was to even say, "we take the good with the bad" and expect or assume that everyone in his congregation would even recognize the error, well that terrifies me. And I agree with you too Noone. You can trust a guy like Washer. He tells it like it is. It's scary, but it's true. So true.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2010 02:05AM by UndeniablyLivid.

Date: April 24, 2010 04:32AM

tell the truth
Even better is the Joel Olsteen vs. Paul Washer part 3 of 3. Wow. So good. So true and so right. If I knew how to post it here I would, but I can't.

[www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.