Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Destructive Church or Cult?
Posted by: gfgv42qwv12 ()
Date: June 24, 2012 12:19AM

I don't know how Lee was treated at Desert Life Church but I am well aware of how unfair he was treated at TSU. He wasn't taught mainstream Christianity by Troy and Rudy at TSU; he was tought that he must be a so called 'disciple' and submit to the teachings of Troy Johnson. Troy insisted us all to go out and "make disciples". At the time Troy's church attendance was Bethel World Outreach in Brentwood TN. Back then if you looked of that church in the yellow pages it described itself as a "disciple making church". Their disciple definition was "submitting to their authority" and believing their teachings instead of thinking for yourself or questioning their particular teachings. They may have changed now but in what was called the "Tiger Victory Felloship" at TSU they did practice brainwashing and insisting you be "their disciple" and that you "make disciples" like a pyramid scheme.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Greenaroo ()
Date: June 24, 2012 04:06AM

From what I've read, Bethel World Outreach in Brentwood is still a disciple making church. It is my understanding that Desert Life Church was also. The Desert Life Church is now called Impact Church. It continues to be a disciple making church. Troy Johnson is now pastor of Discover Life Church in Carlsbad, CA. It is also disciple making church. From what I have read about discipling churches, it pretty much is like a pyramid scheme.

Posted by: knotty ()
Date: June 26, 2012 11:58PM

I was in a cult similar to DLC and these disciple churches really stress tithing or the member will be cursed by God finacially. I took out student loans to pay my tithes and 10 years later, I am still paying back those loans.

I am sorry that some DLC members have blamed your nephew for his situation, that is typical, blame the victim of the church to keep the church blameless.

I have a friend born into a cult, poor girl never had a chance, and she left the church because she felt she could never meet the expectations of God as told by her preacher. She fell into a life of drugs and prostitution as a result of her belief that she is going to hell anyway...one thing led to another and she was homeless and owned by a pimp. Her distorted view of God, I believe, was partly to blame for her drug use. In these judgmental churches, one extreme can lead to a swing the opposite direction, just like harsh parenting can cause a child to be oppositional-defiant. Churches have a parrental sort of role with their members...and whether or not that he was on drug like they said, I dont know, but can tell you from what I have seen happen with my friend, a harsh church can trigger decompensation and drug use as a sort of spiritual oppositional defiance. I find the member's statements that the leader's integerty is faultless to be nauseating...nobody is perfect, not even him. They seem to exalt him to a god-like status which only confirms for me that it is a cult of sorts.

Anyway, How is your nephew now??

Knotty

Posted by: howgodmadeu ()
Date: June 12, 2018 01:06PM

To whom it may concern:

We are here to help anyone who is fighting the good fight against McArthurism. We have been wanting to help, but wasn't sure how to do it. We have also been affected by McArthurism through our family...they were manipulated into following this cult by being recruited to visit other churches throughout the world. Our immediate family was hurt by our own family because we wanted to help. We decided to take a stand and not let McArthurism take our power away...we want to act, and not be silent any longer. If there is someone who is willing to take a stand with us, we can discuss further what we would like to do.

Imagine
by John Lennon

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace, you
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world, you
But I'm not the only one

Date: June 13, 2018 12:19PM

To whom it may concern:

We are here to help anyone who is fighting the good fight against McArthurism. We have been wanting to help, but wasn't sure how to do it. We have also been affected by McArthurism through our family...they were manipulated into following this cult by being recruited to visit other churches throughout the world. Our immediate family was hurt by our own family because we wanted to help. We decided to take a stand and not let McArthurism take our power away...we want to act, and not be silent any longer. If there is someone who is willing to take a stand with us, we can discuss further what we would like to do.

Imagine
by John Lennon

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace, you
But I'm not the only one
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world, you
But I'm not the only one

Date: June 14, 2018 08:04PM

To Whom it May Concern:

Bridge over Troubled Water
Simon & Garfunkel

When you're weary, feeling small
When tears are in your eyes, I'll dry them all (all)
I'm on your side, oh, when times get rough
And friends just can't be found
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down
I will lay me down
When you're down and out
When you're on the street
When evening falls so hard
I will comfort you (ooo)
I'll take your part, oh, when darkness comes
And pain is all around
I will lay me down
I will lay me down
Sail on silver girl
Sail on by
Your time has come to shine
All your dreams are on their way
See how they shine
Oh, if you need a friend
I'm sailing right behind
I will ease your mind
I will ease your mind

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.