Current Page: 3 of 4
Who else has been hurt by Radiant Life Church in Sacramento?
Posted by: sanebiker ()
Date: September 19, 2007 04:11PM

sanebiker
Maynard
[img:dc930d3ae2]http://loljesus.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/jesussaves.jpg[/img:dc930d3ae2]
Is it any wonder that the "world" has such a perverted view of Christianity? I mean...we can't even agree on what Jesus to worship and how to actually "love" each other! And what's with the whole "...I was hurt by a church..." [u:dc930d3ae2][i:dc930d3ae2][b:dc930d3ae2]bullshit[/b:dc930d3ae2][/i:dc930d3ae2][/u:dc930d3ae2]? Scripture tells us that: There is no good in any man, not one. All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of god! So why are we so surprised when people let us down, or hurt us? Move on or shut up dude! How is any of our bickering and quarrelling advancing the kingdom, or fulfilling Gods' purpose? All of the law and the prophets hinge on this one teaching: Love the lord god with all of your heart, soul, mind and strength, and the second is just like the first, love your neighbor as yourself. The bible also says that the world will know we are Christians by the love that we have, one to another. There is no love in dissonance, separation, schism, or "segregational" theology and philosophy. We are ALL a part of the body of Christ, so deal with it!
Maynard,
(name and address withheld)

(Quoted post correct for spelling errors. Intelligent discourse - sh*tty spelling.)

AMEN & AMEN!!! you took the words right outa my mouth!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Maynard ()
Date: September 20, 2007 07:13AM

I don't get it dude...are you agreeing with me or what?

Posted by: sanebiker ()
Date: September 20, 2007 05:03PM

Maynard
I don't get it dude...are you agreeing with me or what?

TOTALLY agreeing with you. No sarcasm.

Re: Who else has been hurt by Radiant Life Church in Sacramento?
Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: March 23, 2008 09:09AM

Yes there are many people that attended RLC who have been hurt and moved on. This forum is not "rediculous". It is useful to help the hurting heal. The number of the hurting on this forum is miniscule compared to the total. Thanks to this website for educating and providing an outlet for people to heal.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 26, 2008 06:02AM

Dr. Love and Speak Truth:

Personal attacks and flames will not be approved.

And if you continue spamming the board with such junk you will be banned.

Date: July 08, 2008 01:10PM

This thread summarizes all of the others on RLC. We are here to let people know that radiant life church is a destructive and cultish church that has effectively contolled and manipulated its members in the name of god. This church has wreaked havoc in peoples lives and close to 500 people who have been with this so called church have left and broken free.

Posted by: samanthafigueroa ()
Date: August 14, 2008 06:35AM

I don't plan on slandering anyone.... that is why I am stating my real name. My family went to Radiant Life Church, Sacramento for 3 years. I was "discipled", "prayer counseled", I served in children’s church, and I also helped lead a small group called "242" at my house. I have never had direct contact with Tony Cunningham so I cannot give any statements on that subject. ( although I have my opinions on his sermons )

What I can say is that I love the Lord with all my heart!!! I am so grateful for His divine direction and I can honestly say that if you truly ask God for His Wisdom, He is faithful and will give it you.

While attending the above mentioned church activities and "on fire" (I really was hungry and thirsty for the Lord) I opened my Bible and the scriptures literally came to life for me. I was growing in prophetics, God was healing me from my past and giving me a new life. I was growing in discernment and I got to witness supernatural things happen in front of my eyes. I had NO PLANS of ever leaving Radiant Life! I loved this church like I loved The Lord Jesus.

While digging through the Word and going over my notes from discipleship one day, God began to reveal to me that I wasn't being taught the truth. Again and again and again I would find a scripture in the Bible that directly proved the teaching to be wrong.

However... being in the state of mind I was in, I though I MUST be wrong. I mean, the whole 3 years I was at RLC I was taught that I truly don't know anything about God and I can't trust my own relationship with God so I have to ask those who are in authority over me for direction. So I brought this up at my next discipleship meeting. I asked my discipler to please pray for me because I don't know what is going on. I wanted to believe so badly what I was being taught! I told her to just tell me I was wrong and I will totally believe her and trust the Lord that is in her. So, that's exactly what I did.

I went months and months of struggling in my spirit, telling no one but my husband. I felt like a total failure. The Bible that spoke to my very core was still speaking to me, but it wasn't matching up with the teachings from my VERY BEST FRIENDS.

I was told that even if God tells me to do something, I need to do what my human authority (pastors, discipler, and mature Christians) tell me to do and God will still bless me. I will still be in obedience if I disobey Him because I will be obeying the "authority" God has placed over me. If I don't obey my human authority then I am walking in disobedience, even if it is contrary to the Word of God.

I believed this to be divine teaching. I believed this with all of my heart. I tried my hardest NOT to bring up things that I was struggling with to ANYONE! I knew they would think I was disobedient. I was trying soooo hard not to be disobedient.

While out to dinner with just my discipler the subject came up one more time. I mentioned some of things that I was struggling with and I asked if they were true. I was rebuked by her. She said, "I would never question Pastor Tony like this. How dare you question me? You don't know how to submit. You do not submit to my authority, so I can no longer disciple you."

I tried to continue to go to RLC after this, but was truly disconnected from ALL of my friends. I was no longer on the "inside". I was an outsider. NO ONE ever reached out to me or contacted me. It was like I was put on a “black list”.

Here are some things that I have witnessed and done myself:
1. People Worshiping People
2. Promoting Drunkenness (not on the pulpit though, I guess it's only behind the scenes)
3. Sexual Sin
4. Manipulation
5. Control
6. Distorted Doctrine
7. Alienation from Family Members
8. Back Biting
9. Gossip
10. Slander
11. Tongues Shmounges! Which is what Pastor Tony preaches on the pulpit? Be careful that is a divine language which edifies!!!

Anyway, I feel bad that I have taken a lot of your time. I tried to be brief, but it's kind of hard to express into words how hurt I was. When I left RLC I was so scared. I was taught that they were my divine covering. I thought that when I left, God was not going to bless me and that I was going to be an open target for Satan and that he would have power over me. It took weeks for me to hear God say, "I am your Authority. I am your Covering. Anyone who tries to place their selves above Me, I will bring down. You do not need a human mediator between us. Jesus is Our Mediator, not man."

I have found a church that I attend that has sound doctrine. I have a hard time trusting people and what they say, but I am working on that with God’s Help.

I hope this helps communicate without being angry, although it is hard to communicate manipulation. It is such a silent and sneaky spirit to uncover.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: August 15, 2008 11:41AM

thanks "samanthafigueroa" for your testimony & post

Posted by: Chuck Fredricks ()
Date: August 15, 2008 12:32PM

Howdy,

Some of you may know me, I have been going to RLC for six years now, and really still don't fit in:) I understand that I may frustrate some of you and that is ok with me, just understand that it is not my intention.

I did not know anything about God before I started to attend RLC but because of the teaching that I got from Tony, Brandon and others my life has increasenly got better. Now mind you they screw up just like the rest of us and didn't make all of the right decisions but all in all I chose to go with what they put in front of me. Now I am not an educated man but I do know how to make the right choices for myself, and some times I made the wrong decitions, but I think it would be wrong to blaim someone else for the decision I made. I would be like going on Jerry Springer and saying its my dads failt I turned out so rotten, no its just that I suck...

I understand and have been there to see some of the things that alot of you are saying and I don't totally disagree with any of you but I also would like you to know not everyone is wacked at RLC. I'm just a good ol boy who listens to the word of GOD and puts what I understand into practice. I have been done wrong by some at RLC but to put it behind me makes me feel a hell of a lot better. Now that I am a single dad it is hard for me to go to church with all the new trials I have, but one things for sure if I didn't have what I learned from RLC and the three years at soma I would be a shitty father. There are some in the congragation thet can suck my toe, but mayby I'll find that everywere. All I know is I love the one who saved me and for what ever reason he lead me to RLC and for that I will be forever greatfull to my GOD.

Well thats all I got for yall I hope I get to talk to you guys in real life not just this crap. Though really I don't know who any of you are I can't keep track of all of the nick names, sorry. I think one is my little buddy matt, if thats you little buddy I told your wife to tell you to call so you better...

Peace out.

Date: August 15, 2008 10:35PM

ChuckFredericks............thanks for your testimony. I am glad that you have been able to tune out all the bs and not be affected by it. I am also glad that because of Jesus' saving grace you are able to be a good father. Your testimony is yours brother and I am glad. Just remember it is because of Jesus and not some church building. Keep being a good father.

Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.