Re: Is Oprah the false prophet?
Posted by: Children7 ()
Date: May 02, 2013 06:44AM

Oprah does have way too much power over those who buy into her stuff-I'm not sure if she really believes the things she puts out there, or is just tricking people. Maybe a bit of both.

But she certainly seems out of touch with reality. And such a hypocrite! How many pairs of shoes DOES she have???? And 8 houses.

It's not so bad if she weren't pedalling scams like "A Cource in Miracles", which is so harmful in terms of both promising that you will 'get what you want' if you just....(fill in the appropriate scam)-but is particularly nasty in that it blames victims for the awful things that happen to them.....not unlike the concept of Karma-truly awful especially when applied to groups of people in order to mistreat and marginalize them, such as is the case with the "Untouchables" in India

But she puts herself out there as though she is a great example of how to live your life, and makes a ton of money using her power and influence to further her own ego.

Her net 'worth' is 2.7 billion! No one person should have that much money, but it's not so bad when they at least are honest about it-instead of presenting themselves as a kind of messiah........

I really hate her phrase 'Live your Best Life"....I'm thinking, yeah I'm sure all those people who lost their houses and have no health insurance are really worried about 'Living their Best Life".....most people in the world are just concerned with surviving, with 'Living" at all....wouldn't be so bad if she weren't so pretentious....well, she is one that really irritates me, in case you couldn't tell :)

Posted by: knotty ()
Date: May 14, 2013 07:08AM

OMG she also gets under my skin when she selects those "bargan prices" for clothes like 175 dollars for a shirt, 90 dollars for a pair of jeans, and 75 dollars for a scarf ??!!??? Has she really lost touch with her poor Mississippi roots THAT much?? I can buy all that for under 8 dollars at my local goodwill.

Becides if you wanna know what really going on in this world...talk to janitors...people seem to think they are invisible and they hear it all.

Posted by: johnanchovie ()
Date: July 07, 2013 03:02PM

The very term that you attempt to apply to this woman indicates that you are rather wrapped up in the manipulative fear mongering fundamentalist Christian set.

Life can be really nice, positive and even joyful when you scrap the religious filters through which you view the world.

Admittedly, it is not necessarily an easy thing to do, but it is worth it.

Oprah plays on the credulous, the gullible, the vulnerable and the poorly educated. She does well out of that, she is able to back track easlily as in the case of the Tom Cruise couch jumping, which she was fine on, untill his profile crashed and she did a soft ball interview with him to give him and his nasty cult a bit of support up in his Colorado 'Eagles Nest' two years later. She pulled the same gag with Armstrong.

She is smart and savvy in terms of her comprehension of her business and how to manipulate her audience, many who seem to adore and worship her.

False Prophets? All prophets, all 'enlightened and blessed leaders' are false prophets.

I recommend that you sit and watch Hitchens, Dawkins, Fry, Grayling and Bertrand Russell et al. Do that for a week or two, they are all on you tube. Then go back and watch oprah, and you will see her for the shallow emotional manipulater that she is.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: January 28, 2018 10:47AM

How Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaccine Pseudoscience

Avinash BhunjunSaturday 27 Jan 2018 4:15 pm

[www.motherjones.com]

Posted by: kmanthie ()
Date: January 29, 2018 04:34AM

I just got this email yesterday, I think. I was just checking my email; actually, my Yahoo email since I'd already been through my gmail & since they're synced together, what goes to one goes to the other, but I still need to go to both now & then to clear them out.
Anyway, it's nice to hear from Rick Ross again. I remember Rick's name & his anti-cult "awareness network" from as far back (I believe I'm talking about Rick here) as either the late 80s, e.g., 89, or early 90s - 90-93? Being a fiercely independent-minded person & extremely anti-dogmatic & anti-religious (religions have no legitimacy whatsoever, IMO. I see religion as another means of control which various religions/cults, sects, etc. utilize to keep their "flocks" of sheep in line.
Re Oprah & her insipid, syrupy BS, which, unfortunately, many Americans get hooked into, whether it was her lame "talk show" or that waste of paper of a magazine with her name on it (really, how much time do you think oprah actually devotes to the day-to-day running of that? She's got some faithful disciples to do the work on that!) & then there's that awful "OWN" cable channel; ridiculous. At least, with the cable channel, it's just that: cable. and with that, it's buried amid a couple hundred other worthless, super-specialized cable channels (nowadays you have a different cable channel for so many specific topics: one for home decorating, etc. (HGTV), one for people who enjoy watching other people cook (Food network), another that showcases putative vacation/travel destinations (Travel channel), a few which cater to women (Lifetime, Oxygen & OWN, though I wouldn't doubt that there are some male fans of that kind of thing as well).
Interesting that this email I just received is about Oprah and her cult-of-"personality" that she uses to pitch various idiotic stuff: badly written "popular" books; fawning, sycophantic celebrity interviews (e.g. tom cruise, that awful, one-faced "actor" who I hate so much that I refuse to watch any movie with him in it, which is no loss, believe me, since there's nothing good that he's ever been in, though, one might make the argument for the final film by Kubrick, Eyes Wide Shut, which I never have seen & don't think I could sit through, solely due to cruise's being in it. No matter how well the rest of the film may be, just having this warped, emulsified goof in the movie taints the whole thing. Though, I can't say for certain that Eyes Wide Shut would've been much better had he not been in it (now, Nicole Kidman, that's a different story altogether. I've admired her more and more since she finally got this goofball out of her life and the fact that she spoke out against the really stupid, stupid scientology crew of spuds & freaks & midget hitlers; the "brainchild" of conman, alcoholic, pedophile & convicted felon L. Ron Hubbard. EVERYTHING about scientology is a SCAM, pure & simple. I wonder how many of the gullible dupes who've wasted millions to be a part of this freak-circus actually understand what the core "belief" system of scientology is. It's the most ridiculous phony sci-fi, bubble gum, psychobabble I've ever heard. you think christianity is loaded with BS, sadomasochistic tenets, pedophilia, and avarice - well, of course it is, but the idea of some ur-hippie hopping & bopping around the Middle East 2000 years ago, then getting killed by the Romans for being a nuisance (in their eyes, at least) & eventually coming back from the dead & then going up to heaven in a space ship...OK, well, I made that last thing up, about the spaceship, but, hey, that's no more idiotic than what their dogma would have you believe! But, really, christianity's kookiness is tame compared with the freakishness of scientology's dogma (that is, if you really think the "higher-ups" in the organization actually believe their own BS; IMO, it's so prima facie laughable that the top few in it must realize it's just a big hoax, but are so addicted to the big money & the adulation of millions of whacked out automatons who spend their life savings on the cheap crap scientology pushes on them in their never-ending quest to make more & more money, regardless of the circumstances of the members' financial condition. If you have $5 left to your name, scientology will try their hardest to scam you out of it! Hell, they'd even take the shirt off your backs, if you'd let 'em!
anyhow, I was at Safeway last week & when I got to the checkout area, I noticed, amid all the lowbrow rags one normally sees at supermarket checkout stands, on the cover of some cheap, People manqué celebrity gossip sheet, a big photo of oprah & her chubby face with the headline "Oprah's Running (in 2020)" and how she's going to spend one billion dollars of her "fortune" & also that Steadman would run her campaign! Crazy, huh? Except that right now we have the most unqualified, loud-mouthed, brash jerk sitting in the oval office in his technicolor, terrible orange wig & his cheap, $2 hooker-looking wife, that almost anyone else would be a welcome alternative to this creep. But does that mean I'd really want to see Oprah run for president & actually have a shot at ousting dotard thump? Uh, no. I think I'd rather keep waiting for a candidate who is actually worth voting for - not merely an "anybody but jerk" candidate, i.e., vote for that person because they're NOT the incumbent-kind of thinking. What would that accomplish? Instead of a flaming reactionary, we'd get a freakish humanist (in the worst sense of the term) who has delusions of grandeur about "ending poverty in America" (as if that's EVER been the case in the US or any other country!) What, exactly, does Oprah know about foreign policy, for example? The capitals of some Western European nations? The fact that Russia & China are "big countries"? C'mon. I sincerely hope that Americans won't be bamboozled by oprah into thinking she has any usefulness in politics. She's a friggin' ENTERTAINER!! What could she possibly contribute in the political arena? For one thing, she'd be eaten alive by people who actually know how politics operates. She might be well-regarded by foreign leaders & the people of other countries...at first. But that would not last. Not past the 1st 2-3 months, if she were to get elected, but that's really just a fantasy.
Well, I just wanted to put my 2 cents (and then some!) in here.
Thanks again, Rick. Doing a great job!
Hope to see more updates & interesting insights into the warped minds of cults & the idiots upon whom they prey!
Until later.
KM

Posted by: facet ()
Date: August 03, 2019 02:09AM

All of these people are using each other for their own money making reasons.

That’s all it ever is, no false prophet necessary.

Posted by: Truecrimewriter ()
Date: January 08, 2020 04:56PM

Amen. She has a cult-like following, because (like Michael Jackson, etc) her fans are rabid and you dare not question her or say anything negative, even constructively negative.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.