Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
CS with "Mother Church" in Bawston" (purposel
Posted by: ULTAWARE ()
Date: January 30, 2005 12:20PM

Has anyone been asscociated/had other (friend/rel) experience with your (or sig other or "mon ami') employer offering (as a benefit) practitioner services from Christian Science????????? :?:

Thanks...

PAX

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: angiedivey ()
Date: April 10, 2005 04:46PM

Hi,
Yes, my grandmother was a Christian Scientist Practitioner in a tiny Kansas town;, a wonderful woman who kept her thoughts positive. She helped many people with her counseling. They believe, among other things, of "demonstrating" their faith, things such as staying calm and knowing that God is in charge and that most things work together for good through Divine Order.
I am not a Christian Scientist, but I know firsthand they are a very fine organization.
However, I think one must be very highly advanced spiritually to be attracted to their way of thinking. Therefore, if their way of thinking seems foreign to you at this time I would choose another path to God which fits your thinking. Only by searching can you find what is comfortable for you to believe.
Many people who don't understand them think they are a cult but they are not. Mrs Eddy has said, "if you cannot heal yourself; go to a doctor." I have seen that in writing some place, but cannot tell you where. You might want to drop into one of their Christian Science Reading Rooms.
Are you thinking of attending one of their churches?

Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: April 11, 2005 12:24PM

Christian (Anti)Science is a complete farce, and a total lie.
The damage caused to people, expecially CHILDREN, who are not given medical treatment is beyond belief.

No question, the vast majority of Christian Antiscientists are True Believers, who are deluding themselves, withe Mary Baker Eddy's delusions and outright falsehoods.

All these guys would have to do is do some controlled, double-blind scientific studies, but if they did this, they would find that the BEST results they are getting was the placebo effect and the effects of Self-Hypnosis.

There is not one shread of SCIENCE in so-called Christian Science. This is why i call it Christian Antiscience.
Its the opposite to science.
And Mary Baker Eddy, well, she was a real piece of work. Do some research on that woman!
Her deluded ideas about "medicine" are completely wrong and false and damaging.

Mark Twain, no less, ripped Eddy to shreds in his book about them.

[www.skepticreport.com]
[www.culteducation.com]

PS: and it would not surprise me if it is covered under "alternative treatements" by some health plans. They are covering every new age Quack thing these days.

Coz

Posted by: Timmer ()
Date: June 02, 2005 11:50PM

ULTAWARE
Has anyone been asscociated/had other (friend/rel) experience with your (or sig other or "mon ami') employer offering (as a benefit) practitioner services from Christian Science?????????
Does anyone find it intersting that Christian Science Practitioner services are sometimes offered by employers, but not the services of, say, Religious Science Practitioners or other New Thought counselors, nor for that matter, the counseling, prayer, or other services of any other kind of clergy? Very interesting.

Date: June 03, 2005 12:00AM

Cosmophilospher
Christian (Anti)Science is a complete farce, and a total lie.

Mrs. Eddy did not acknowledge how much of her ideas she got from Quimby, but the ideas worked for her, for many of Quimby's other clients such as Julius Dresser, for Myrtle Fillmore, and for countless others over the years.

The damage caused to people, expecially CHILDREN, who are not given medical treatment is beyond belief.

That is a logical consequence of their belief that the body is unreal. If you accept that body is just one aspect of how consciousness expresses, then the idea doesn't hold water anymore.

And they're inconsistent about applying this principle themselves. I once had a conversation on my college campus with some Christian Scientists. They were talking about not drinking, how it clouds your perception and gets in the way of healing. I asked them, "If the body is not real, what does it matter what I put into it?" They talked around the question for a couple of minutes, but never really answered it.

Doctors are God's instruments, every bit as much as practitioners are. Many doctors understand the power of prayer and that prayer and the medical arts are complementary. I love when doctors administer a treatment for a condition, but say that the condition will never really go away -- then it does. They've never been able to explain that, except by prayer.

All these guys would have to do is do some controlled, double-blind scientific studies, but if they did this, they would find that the BEST results they are getting was the placebo effect and the effects of Self-Hypnosis.

Well, as I have said elsewehre, those who are calling for outside tests will never believe a positive result (their philosophical system is closed to it) and those who are in the group don't need it proven to them. They know how it works.

it would not surprise me if it is covered under "alternative treatements" by some health plans. They are covering every new age Quack thing these days.

You keep insisting that CS and those philosophies related to it are New Age. As I have shown you elsewhere, they are not. But you go right on saying it.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 03, 2005 12:38AM

Timmer:

Well, as I have said elsewehre, those who are calling for outside tests will never believe a positive result (their philosophical system is closed to it) and Well, as I have said elsewehre, those who are calling for outside tests will never believe a positive result (their philosophical system is closed to it) and those who are in the group don't need it proven to them. They know how it works.

If the practice can actually heal someone, this could be demonstrated in "outside tests" through a "postive result," which is scientifically proven.

This doesn't depend upon any "philosophical system," it is either proven objectively by the facts and physical evidence or it is not.

"...those who are in the group don't need it proven to them. They know how it works."

It appears here what you mean is that the group has no objective proof and makes and/or accepts claims on a subjective basis.

[/quote]

Date: June 03, 2005 12:53AM

What would be the point? People who work with the principles know they work, and people like you are closed to the possibility that they could. No one is going to accomplish anything by doing this.

Date: June 03, 2005 01:24AM

Timmer:

What would be the point?

Again, the point is really very simple.

Either the claims of healing are true and can be proven or they are false and without any foundation based upon objectively proven fact.

A medical proceedure can be proven effective or not effective by the facts.

It seems that you prefer to rely upon anecdotal stories, which are subjective as opposed to objective tests. But objective tests do provide meaningful proof based upon established facts.

people like you are closed to the possibility

No not at all. If the claims are true they can be proven. Pointing at "people like you" appears to be what you have called "closed" or "cultic thinking" though.

Date: June 03, 2005 01:28AM

I've been dealing with this guy on a couple of boards, and he is closed to any possibility that any of this could possibly work.

I don't see what the point of outside tests are. Do we insist on tests to determine whether Christian prayer works? No, that's to be accepted on faith. But let someone outside the mainstream denominations demonstrate healings (as so many have done) and suddenly it's "cultic thinking."

Date: June 03, 2005 01:38AM

Timmer:

You seem to be going in circles.

Denial is not dialog.

Tests would offer proof of actual healing.

Test and verify is a cornerstone of science.

I've been dealing with this guy on a couple of boards

Please don't tell me that you have joined this board to battle a perceived opponent. That would be flaming, which is against the rules.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.