Current Page: 4 of 16
Is Tom Cruise losing it?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 29, 2006 08:29PM

Are you a Scientologist?

Have you ever taken any courses associated in some way and/or linked to Scientology?

Options: ReplyQuote
Is Tom Cruise losing it?
Posted by: durham ()
Date: May 29, 2006 09:44PM

Yes and yes. Is that OK on these forums?
I'm happy to answer questions and explain the other side of the coin. :)

Is Tom Cruise losing it?
Date: May 29, 2006 09:47PM

Are you clear yet?

And if so, have you advanced up to any of the Operating Theatan (OT) levels?

What level are you on?

Is Tom Cruise losing it?
Date: May 29, 2006 09:51PM

Are you clear yet?
No but I'm pretty close - I feel pretty Clear. Life is great and I don't get restimulated by anything much. I'm on NED - New Era Dianetics.

OT levels next year hopefully.

Is Tom Cruise losing it?
Date: May 29, 2006 10:08PM

So you actually don't know what Scientologists beleive.

Specifically about alien beings from outer space being a part of their explanation for the human condition.

This has been widely reported in the press and Scientology has sought through various legal means to keep the information off the Internet so they can sell it to people like you.

At the level of OT-3 you will find this all out.

Scientology has never denied what has been reported about OT-3, by stating they don't believe in Xenu, his spaceships and the story.

Scientology sells its religious revelations for set prices.

They also charge for confessions, which they call "auditing."

Did you sign any release forms regarding recourse for any injury caused by Scientology yet?

Did you sign a release giving Scientology exclusive rights and control of records?

Is Tom Cruise losing it?
Date: May 29, 2006 10:25PM

rrmoderator
So you actually don't know what Scientologists beleive.
I am a Scientologist - of course I do. :D It's not based on belief. It's a bunch of simple but effective techniques that help you in all different ways. Easy to try out for yourself.

OT3 sounds pretty far out to me too. I'm not sure how accurate the reports on the internet are but if it's true I'll only believe it if I have indubitable evidence for it.

Scientology sells its religious revelations for set prices.

They also charge for confessions, which they call "auditing."
Kinda true - the word revelations is inaccurate - you do pay for courses and auditing (unless you audit someone else for free) though I don't know what your impression of auditing is. :D [/quote]

Is Tom Cruise losing it?
Date: May 29, 2006 10:48PM

durham:

"Xenu" and his spaceships is a revelation.

And it certainly isn't proven by any meaningful objective scientific evidence.

It's more like a Sci-fi story. L. Ron Hubbard was a Sci-fi writer before he became a religious prophet.

Is Tom Cruise losing it?
Date: May 29, 2006 11:34PM

[i:681988f4de][b:681988f4de]
durham

Are you clear yet?
No but I'm pretty close - I feel pretty Clear. Life is great and I don't get restimulated by anything much. I'm on NED - New Era Dianetics.

OT levels next year hopefully.
[/b:681988f4de]
[/i:681988f4de]d

I am surprised you are happy to answer questions in this forum, Durham. And pleased: one of my biggest problems with Scientology is the closed nature of the Church. It seems to me I can't know what is good about Scientology unless I join. (Is that right?)

Regarding your post, what does, "I don't get restimulated by anything much," mean? Is this referring to past traumas, perhaps, or just past experiences? If so, why is it a problem to be stimulated by your past experiences or even traumas? Are you talking about negating one's past experiences? Turning them off? Ignoring them? Or what, exactly? If you don't mind.

Is Tom Cruise losing it?
Date: May 30, 2006 03:05AM

OK rr- but I don't believe anything much unless I have personal experience of it or there is overwhelming evidence.

Is Tom Cruise losing it?
Date: May 30, 2006 05:20AM

durham:

If you look on the other thread that you have posted there is some interesting information now included.

FYI--Scientology has officially acknowledged OT-3 within a response to Rolling Stone Magazine.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Excerpted:

Scientologists must be "invited" to do OT III. Beforehand, they are put through an intensive auditing process to verify that they are ready. They sign a waiver promising never to reveal the secrets of OT III, nor to hold Scientology responsible for any trauma or damage one might endure at this stage of auditing. Finally, they are given a manila folder, which they must read in a private, locked room.

These materials, which the Church of Scientology has long struggled to keep secret, were published online by a former member in 1995 and have been widely circulated in the mainstream media, ranging from The New York Times to last year's South Park episode. They assert that 75 million years ago, an evil galactic warlord named Xenu controlled seventy-six planets in this corner of the galaxy, each of which was severely overpopulated. To solve this problem, Xenu rounded up 13.5 trillion beings and then flew them to Earth, where they were dumped into volcanoes around the globe and vaporized with bombs. This scattered their radioactive souls, or thetans, until they were caught in electronic traps set up around the atmosphere and "implanted" with a number of false ideas -- including the concepts of God, Christ and organized religion. Scientologists later learn that many of these entities attached themselves to human beings, where they remain to this day, creating not just the root of all of our emotional and physical problems but the root of all problems of the modern world.

The church considers OT III confidential material. But there are numerous science-fiction references in Scientology texts available to members of all levels. The official "Glossary for Scientology and Dianetics" includes an entry for "space opera," a sci-fi genre that the glossary says "is not fiction and concerns actual incidents." Scientology's "Technical Dictionary" makes reference to a number of extraterrestrial "invader forces," including one, the "Marcab Confederacy," explained as a vast, interplanetary civilization more than 200,000 years old that "looks almost exact duplicate [sic] but is worse off than the current U.S. civilization." Indeed, as even Rinder himself points out, Hubbard presented a rough outline of the Xenu story to his followers in a 1967 taped lecture, "RJ 67," in which he noted that 75 million years ago a cataclysmic event happened in this sector of the galaxy that has caused negative effects for everyone since. This material is available to lower-level Scientologists. But the details of the story remain secret within Scientology.

Rinder has fielded questions on Scientology's beliefs for years. When I ask him whether there is any validity to the Xenu story, he gets red-faced, almost going into a tirade. "It is not a story, it is an auditing level," he says, neither confirming nor denying that this theology exists. He says that OT material -- and specifically the material on OT III -- comprises "a small percent" of what Scientology is all about. But it is carefully guarded. Scientologists on the OT levels often carry their materials in locked briefcases and are told to store them in special secure locations in their homes. They are also strictly forbidden from discussing any facet of the materials, even with their families. "I'm not explaining it to you, and I could not explain it to you," says Rinder heatedly. "You don't have a hope of understanding it."

Current Page: 4 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.