Current Page: 2 of 16
Is Tom Cruise losing it?
Posted by: elena ()
Date: June 07, 2005 03:11AM

[i:00112f9c33]Clams[/i:00112f9c33]? What do scientologists believe about clams? (um, besides that they're good with linguine?)[/quote]

Something to do with L. Ron Hubbard's version of evolution and the big volcano with the exploding space cooties. The b-i-g anti-scientology website is titled "Operation Clambake." It's a hoot.

Ellen

Options: ReplyQuote
Is Tom Cruise losing it?
Posted by: SarahL ()
Date: June 10, 2005 11:42AM

[seattletimes.nwsource.com]

Articles on his apparent melt down are all over the place.

Is Tom Cruise losing it?
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: June 18, 2005 12:33AM

THE INDOCTRINATION PROCESS IS IN FULL GEAR....

[www.eonline.com]

Website Seeks to "Free Katie"

by Sarah Hall
Jun 9, 2005, 12:30 PM PT

Though Katie Holmes may claim that her love for Tom Cruise is the real deal, skeptics continue to insist that the relationship is nothing but a made-for-Hollywood sham.

Case in point: www.FreeKatie.net a Website that proclaims itself dedicated to "the movement to liberate Katie, a young, gifted actress held captive by forces we may never understand. Even one summer of captivity is too long for one so bright!"
One thing's for sure--the erstwhile Joey Potter seems to be falling more and more into Cruise control--even taking a newfound interest in the Church of Scientology.

"I have looked into it myself, and I really like it, and I think it's really wonderful," Holmes told Access Hollywood, when asked if she was becoming a Scientologist.

Cruise has been increasingly vocal about his own devotion to the religion of late and reportedly even took Holmes' parents on a tour of the Scientology Celebrity Center last weekend, according to the New York Post.

Holmes has also been making some changes in her professional life. Last week, Holmes axed her CAA agent, Brandt Joel, replacing him with Cruise's people at the same agency, Rick Nicita and Kevin Huvane, per the New York Post. This week, she parted ways with her longtime manager, John Carrabino, her rep, Leslie Sloane, confirmed to E!

Is Tom Cruise losing it?
Date: June 18, 2005 12:39AM

LONDON (AP) -- Katie Holmes says she's converting to the Church of Scientology, embracing the religion of her boyfriend, Tom Cruise. Holmes, in London to promote her new film, "Batman Begins," said Monday that she's excited about her lessons in Scientology, a religion founded by science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard.

The former Catholic and star of television's "Dawson's Creek" grew up with a poster of Cruise on her bedroom wall and has said she grew up wanting to marry him. "We all keep dreaming, and luckily, dreams come true," Holmes said.

In an interview in the June 17 issue of Entertainment Weekly, the 42-year-old actor was asked if Holmes is curious about Scientology. "Yeah, absolutely. She digs it," he tells the magazine.

Is Tom Cruise losing it?
Date: June 18, 2005 05:57AM

I just saw some TV story about Cruise and Katie.
This is another example where Katie is not likely a cult victim directly.

She is coming out with her first feature film, so this is all a PR stunt to turn her into the newest hottest actress in the world.
Pretty smart really, in a PR way.
In one step, she is world famous, and has set up her career for at least 10 years.

Sometimes i think all this "cult weirdness" with these celebrities is often done on purpose to get more media attention with the Weird Factor. Maybe some of them sit around and laugh about it, as the tabloid news goes crazy with weird cult stories.

Weird Sells.

Coz

Is Tom Cruise losing it?
Date: June 24, 2005 04:26AM

So sadly, i watched the rerun of this Cruise on Oprah thing.
Knowing the entertainment business, you know that these things do not happen by accident, its all thought-out before hand.

It was a PR stunt.
Using your personal relationships to get into the hearts and mind of people, of course mainly women on that show.
Give the people what they want.

But at some point, i think the public has to take responsibility in this type of stuff.
Cruise is out there doing is mass emotional manipulation on people, but at some point people are going to have to stop "worshipping" these celebrities.
Oprah's audience was like a bunch of women acting like they were 12 years old.

Oprah is also a master of doing this same type of mass hysteria.

Is it really that easy to manipulate the mass public?
I think it is...

Coz

Is Tom Cruise losing it?
Date: July 01, 2005 06:27AM

over 8,000 signatures so far!!

War of the Worlds / Tom Cruise Boycott
[www.petitiononline.com]

[www.petitiononline.com]

Is Tom Cruise losing it?
Posted by: M12002 ()
Date: July 02, 2005 07:10AM

Is Oprah more dangerous than Tom Cruise?

She's got the kind of influence that even Tony Robbins would take notice of. She can make obscure books into overnight best sellers. She can reshape the minds of millions and millions of people around the world through "self empowerment", etc.

What if she was running seminars instead of a talk show? Is there really much of a difference between the two?

Is Tom Cruise losing it?
Posted by: glam ()
Date: July 07, 2005 03:49AM

From The Age:

Since Katie Holmes hooked up with Tom Cruise and the Scientologists, she's not allowed to be alone - ever.

When Holmes accompanied Cruise to a recent taping of The View, eyebrows were raised when she wasn't allowed to go to the bathroom alone.

At one point, Cruise asked where the bathroom was and "took Katie with him into the men's room," an insider told the New York Post.

Later, when Holmes needed to go, "three Scientologists followed her in."

A rep for the show said: "We don't follow guests to the bathroom."

Meanwhile, some star-watchers were also concerned because Holmes "looks like she hasn't slept in weeks."
[/quote]

Is Tom Cruise losing it?
Posted by: elena ()
Date: July 08, 2005 04:09AM

She may have expressed some doubts or curiousity about something. She may have asked to speak to someone outside the "church." She may have expressed some unwillingness. That's when they "close ranks." Once they know they've got you by the short hairs, they start the heavy indoctrination stuff. They sent my brother, at age around 18 or 19, to "RPF," the infamous compound out in the desert. He had reported back to them some of the things we told him about it being a cult. They put him through some sort of torture, I imagine. He also didn't sleep for weeks after that. I think they convinced him, under hypnosis or something, that he would die if he fell asleep. I would think they'd be treating her with kid gloves but they've got to do the brainwashing somehow. They know as long as she wants to be with Tom Cruise, they can probably get away with just about anything.

Ellen

Current Page: 2 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.