Pages: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8
Wikileaks - Free Assange
Posted by: richiekgb ()
Date: December 09, 2010 09:37AM

"If of one person's right is destroyed, the right of all is destroyed"

Wikileaks is important it has also helped people post info about Cults and Religous groups as well as political info as has been in the news lately.

[www.suite101.com]
[boingboing.net]
[wikileaks.org]
[www.webgroupes.eu]

It would appear that Julian Assange is being smeared in attempt to silence him - this is not right

Take minute to think about whether you agree with the cause and then prehaps sign this petition: [www.avaaz.org]

(MODS) - I hope this is appropiate to post in this forum - I am sure Wikileaks has helped RR members - please move to a better place if this is wrong.

TY

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wikileaks - Free Assange
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: December 09, 2010 10:31AM

While I may feel for Assange, is this a proper subject for this forum?

Clearly, this is an approved posting. I am at a lost as why... but accept the posting. I image that Wiki-Leaks is somehow a Cult-Linked thing that I do not understand how as it seems polticial which is anti0the rules of this site. I want to see why Wiki-Links is "cult"/"abusive religion/belief" system is important to this site since this story is very hot right now in the media.

If I am wrong, I am sorry, but this thing seems almost political and not "cultic".

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 09, 2010 10:37AM

I wish that both PFC Manning and Julian Assange had considered the dangers to persons hired as interpreters in Iraq and Afghanistan.

They need to be protected by anonymity, exactly as we do, here on the Ross Institute website. And the price of being exposed by name as assisting the US in Iraq and Afghanistan, is the risk of death, often by torture, and risk to one's family members, too.

However, with this said, the whole sorry mess has revealed the extent to which the US military and intelligence services failed to take precautions and failed to vet personnel, allowing a child like Bradley to walk away with staggering quantities of data on a flash drive.

It is my considered opinion that if Mr Assange had showed better judgement, we would still have Wikileaks available as a resource.

I support in priniciple Wikileaks, but not what it became under Assange's injudicious leadership.

As for the charges he faces, he would, under Anglo American common law, be considered innocent until proven (beyond a reasonable doubt) guilty.

How things pan out in the Swedish legal system remains to be seen.

Some further discussions here

Columbia Journalism Review

Small Wars Journal

[smallwarsjournal.com]

[www.google.com]

Date: December 09, 2010 11:06AM

Clarification

My post represents my opionion as a private citizen and in no way represents the opinion of Ross Institute or any other organization.

PS The hacker attacks on Paypal, Mastercard, Visa et al, are intimidaton and vandalism, not intelligent adult dialogue--and just a more sophisticated equivalent of the troll behavior.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: December 09, 2010 04:57PM

I think the fate of wikileaks is relevant here as the site was instrumental in releasing a lot of revealing internal documentation on the TM organisation a year or so ago and has also, I believe, done a similar revelation on Scientology -Co$,- though I have not followed the Co$ exposure.

What has been striking about the latest release of diplomatic cables, which seems to have prompted this revenge attack on the part of the authorities, is just how banal and mundane the diplomatic observations are, just cocktail party gossip with no real information traded.
Embarrassment on the part of the authorities at having their 'top level intel' revealed as little more than observational tittle-tattle that the man on the Clapham bus could make, seems to me to be the motivating factor.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2010 05:10PM by Stoic.

Date: December 09, 2010 07:05PM

According to reports here, Private Bradley Manning was a 22 year-old trained intelligence analyst with a top security clearance.

[www.guardian.co.uk]

He presumably also had the government sanction to kill on their behalf and to die in their service--I think you do him a disservice by calling him a child. Just how long is childhood these days?

He is a responsible legal adult by any definition and capable of making his own decisions and paying the price for those decisions also. I seriously doubt that he was unaware of the inevitable fall-out that his action would instigate.

Belittling an adult soldier and his chosen action by calling him a child belittles all of us.

Re: Wikileaks - Royal Way Micheal
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: December 09, 2010 07:14PM

There was information posted on Wikileaks about the Royal Way sect, which came from this forum. [forum.culteducation.com]

Without websites like Wikileaks, leaked documents/information about cults would be driven off the internet.

These links no longer work.
www.wikileaks.org/wiki/Royal_Way_Jacumba_cult_leader_Michael_letter_on_cults
www.wikileaks.org/wiki/Royal_Way_cult_leader_Michael_Gottlieb_letter_on_the_Surrender_of_the_Ego

new wikileaks site.

[wikileaks.ch]
Cults and other religious organizations

* Church of Scientology's 'Operating Thetan' documents leaked online - Scientology's secret, and highly litigated bibles
* Censored Legion de Cristo and Regnum Cristi document collection - Censored internal documents from the Catholic sect Legion de Cristo (Legion of Christ)
* US Department of Labor investigation into Landmark Education, 2006 - 2006 investigative report by the U.S. Department of Labor on Landmark Education

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2010 07:15PM by The Anticult.

Re: Wikileaks - Landmark Forum
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: December 09, 2010 07:22PM

Wikileaks.org Suppressed French documentary on Landmark Forum, transcript, 24 May 2004
[forum.culteducation.com]

Links now dead.

wikileaks.org/wiki/Suppressed_French_documentary_on_Landmark_Forum_cult%2C_transcript%2C_24_May_2004

[forum.culteducation.com]
Quote: "Fear not ... Wikileaks to the rescue. Our friendly fun-loving freedom fighters have posted the transcript of the story and have hoisted it high for all to see. Better still, you can also watch the video, possibly for the first time since it was originally broadcast 18 years ago.
Check it out here: "
[wikileaks.org]

Re: Wikileaks - Landmark Forum
Date: December 09, 2010 08:30PM

I have heard that a network of numerous other sites is prepared and ready to host the wikileaks material as further releases come on line.

Also, that the mastercard site was hacked only after it refused to handle donations to the wikileaks legal fighting fund.
Are the commercial banking service organisations making political policy on how and to whom people are allowed to donate their own money now or is that a stupid question given the last few years of dodgy banking bailouts?

Date: December 09, 2010 08:38PM

Also, that the mastercard site was hacked only after it refused to handle donations to the wikileaks legal fighting fund

If people objected that that Mastercard was no longer handling donations, they should have discussed the matter at Electronic Frontier and that EFF issue a statement, and arrange discussions on sites such as Fire Dog Lake.

Hacking is vandalism.

Pages: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.