Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Evan Georgiades michael ultra/metafaith MK Ultra, hoax? scam?
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: November 16, 2010 08:50AM

I am just trying to be respectful to someone who posted here, saying they were worried about their spouse.
Spouses post on these boards all the time, and deserve the benefit of the doubt.

But regardless, the guy behind this scam is now accountable for his behavior.
And he's made a new best friend, and more research will be done into this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Evan Georgiades michael ultra/metafaith MK Ultra, hoax? scam?
Date: November 16, 2010 09:02AM

Evan Georgiades is the owner of the Domain Name: META-FAITH.COM

He chose to post his phone number and contact info on this webpage. [who.godaddy.com]

So anyone could give him a phone call, and ask him what he is doing.

Re: Evan Georgiades michael ultra/metafaith MK Ultra, hoax? scam?
Date: November 16, 2010 09:24AM

[whois.domaintools.com] whois.domaintools.com/cinemasylum.com

Here's what we know about cinemasylum.com:

* "Evan Georgiades" owns about 15 other domains

Registrant:
Evan Georgiades
## Lavinia Ave.
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

Domain Name: CINEMASYLUM.COM
Created on: 22-Aug-09
Expires on: 22-Aug-12
Last Updated on: 29-Jun-10

Administrative Contact:
Georgiades, Evan

Re: michael ultra/metafaith
Posted by: Sandman ()
Date: November 16, 2010 10:07AM

Evan Georgiades' showreel is on his MySpace page. Looking at that, Meta-Faith is somewhat in a similar style.

If the material on the Meta-Faith website was presented as a TV show no-one would bat an eyelid, they wouldn't say "look out, it's a scam". They may or may not find it entertaining, but they'd accept it was just a satirical performance piece, a black comedy.

By the way, I haven't said that people who get scammed by silly sects are dumb. Gentle Wind Project is a genuine new age group. In this case, Meta-Faith is not a new age group, it's a dramatic work in the form of a hoax website, which is a valid medium, as is black comedy exploring themes of cults.

Applying a moral code to it is pointless. It's art. Whether or not anyone thinks that it's any good as art is another issue altogether. This isn't a forum for art discussions, but very often in comedy the joke's at the expense of the audience.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2010 10:07AM by Sandman.

Posted by: Christa ()
Date: November 16, 2010 10:43AM

Sandman
If the material on the Meta-Faith website was presented as a TV show no-one would bat an eyelid, they wouldn't say "look out, it's a scam". They may or may not find it entertaining, but they'd accept it was just a satirical performance piece, a black comedy.

So Joyce1969's apparently sincere, actually mocking post on this non-Hollywood, non-PR message board-- is that art, too?

Actually, I don't want to have the "is it art?" discussion. Whether or not it's art, it's manipulative, deceitful, and insulting to the people who come here looking for insight after shattering experiences.

Re: michael ultra/metafaith, Evan Georgiade, financial swindle scam?
Date: November 16, 2010 11:24AM

The question comes down to if the poster on this site about Meta-Faith is sincere.
Did their spouse give $300, and go to meetings, and is going to Death Valley for a Meta-Faith seminar?

Many spouses post about Landmark, Psi Seminars, Royal Way, and countless others.

But that Meta-Faith website, forget the videos, is not that much different from real new age sects.
Its still not proven if its just a hoax, or a scam, or a bad joke that went stale.
There have been many cases of people in one career, branching into the scamming career, look at David Icke.

Stuart Wilde is far far far crazier, and he is for real, and people have been robbed at machine-gunpoint in an apparent set-up at one of his retreats. [forum.culteducation.com]

There have even been a few cases where it started as a "joke" and started making money, so they kept it going.

If the entire thing is a hoax, then whoever posted the website (Evan Georgiade), just come clean, or its going to be labeled a financial swindle/scam, tied the the guy behind it. That is his own fault.

A person is posting here that they took a $300 "donation", related to that Meta-Faith website, and that there are flyers being distributed, a weekend in Death Valley, secrecy, and that its straining their relationship, and "Micheal Ultra" is getting involved in it.

So if something is up, its time to come clean.

Re: michael ultra/metafaith, Evan Georgiade, financial swindle scam?
Date: November 16, 2010 11:54AM

2008/12/21 – Michael Ultra: Haunting My Dreams
[davesdreamjournal.wordpress.com]
"*Note: I’m sure glad I didn’t tell my wife I was going to be keeping this journal thing. She has no interest in checking out Michael or any of the Meta-Faith meetings–"

Evan Georgiade, Michael Ultra Meta-faith.com, swindle scam rip-off?
Date: November 17, 2010 04:52AM

Joyce1969... needs to confirm that what she posted here is true and accurate.
She said that they took a $300 "donation", related to that Meta-Faith website and group, and that there are flyers being distributed, a weekend in Death Valley, secrecy about the meetings, and that its straining their relationship, and "Micheal Ultra" is getting involved.

Because if it that is true, then Meta-Faith run by Evan Georgiades is a real sect, and they are running this New Agey scam under the radar.

If what was posted was a hoax, then just come clean, as this is a serious forum, dealing with real sects that hurt real people.
Otherwise, the complaint against Evan Georgiades Michael Ultra Meta-Faith scam is going to be out there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2010 04:56AM by The Anticult.

Posted by: joyce1969 ()
Date: November 18, 2010 02:31AM

Firstly i want to say that i did not intend to create all this commotion, i only wanted to make sure that my husband was safe, but after reading what some of you wrote here i felt i had to intervene...i had a friend of mine from work follow my husband to the tuesday night meeting and see for himself. At first I didn't think it was a good idea but i had been talking to him about the goings on and he suggested that the next time my husband went he would check it out. He said that when he got there, he just walked right in and it was at a hotel and there were a bunch of people sitting around some in chairs and some on the floor---he thought there was maybe 30 people. There was a chair up front and everyone was gathered around it, the meeting was supposed to start at 8 but nothing happened until 8:15. He doesn't know my husband but said that he just sat in a chair like everyone else and waited. Then he said and this is going to sound strange---he could fell Michael Ultra enter the room. There was no announcement or anything but that "everything just got kind of heavy", then he turned to see this Michael Ultra entering. He walked in the room and sat in the empty chair up front and in silence made eye contact with everyone in the room. This made my coworker very uncomfortable. He siad the meeting which the people there called satsang was basically a stare down. People would sit in a chair accross from Michael and he would just look at them---like for a reaaly long time. Sometimes they would ask a question, but Michael said very little. One older man got up there and started to cry alot, which also made my coworker uncomfortable. Then just like it began Michael made eye contact with everyone in the room and got up and left. The whole thing lasted about 2 1/2 hours. He stayed a little while after when some tea and cookies were served to talf to few who were there. He said they were normal people one was even a psychiatrist. He doesn't really know what's going on there he said it looks harmless enough and he said after it was done he felt in a really good mood. No one asked him for any money and they gave out a flyer for the next meeting which he is thinking of going to---lol

joyce

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: November 18, 2010 05:38AM

Joyce1969,
Do you think that your husband is safe now?
Did you friend mention why he felt like attending the next meeting--was it curiosity or did he perhaps sense there was something to be learned/found in the meetings--what made him want to return?

Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.