"Brainwash" Numerology Spread By New Age Websites and Gurus
Posted by: brucebanner ()
Date: June 29, 2010 02:26PM

[www.spiritual-path.com]

There are a number of websites on the internet that suggest that if you see a number in succession three times (111, 222, 333, 444, 555 etc.) it means that
"angels" or "spirit guides" are communicating with you. The website above says that variations of these numbers also hold meaning. That includes (212, 313,
414, 515) or (1021, 1031, 1041).

The effect that believing this is happening creates in a person who would normally behave rationally, what are known to psychologists as "delusions of reference".
Their decision making abilities will be reduced to "flipping a coin" at the drop of a hat, or the "sight of a number" a person is encouraged that they are on the wrong
path, or that they are suddenly on the right path.

This creates a painful reaction when a person is happy about a decision and then they see "666" and are convinced, something is wrong, I must have made the wrong
decision. The mind of the brainwashed victim is constantly filled with numbers and doubts and rationalizations.

There are books about angels which preach this (by "Dr." Doreen Virtue), there are numerous blogs and websites other than the one above (www.222mystery.com) (http://lightworkers.org/blog/79298/111-222-333-444-555-666-777-888-999)
and to my surprise prominent self help gurus such as Wayne W. Dyer seem to be promoting it, although sneakily.

On one of Dyer's famous speeches for his infomercial on channel 21 in New York he recounts a story of being suddenly awakened from his sleep at "3:13 AM" night after night. Is it a
coincidence that this number is listed on these blogs, books and websites as one of the "magic numbers"? According to the website above 313 represents the spirit guides
supporting you. It is odd that Dyer would want to recount this story to a live audience and a TV audience. What is he trying to say? Or what does he want to signal his support for?

Finally, this whole 2012 phenomenon. I personally am not aware of every detail of this fiasco, but is it being manufactured? Is it sane? What is being promoted here? 2012 also, is one of these
so called magical numbers.

The bottom line is, it seems someone came up with the idea, just supply these desperate new age followers with instructions and they will effectively brainwash themselves.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "Brainwash" Numerology Spread By New Age Websites and Gurus
Posted by: dsm ()
Date: June 29, 2010 11:04PM

2012 is most definitely an artificial "prophecy" that has been built on a new-age trend of interpreting the Mayan calendar and has served enough self-interests of the various people supporting it that it has created a kind of market for itslef. Here is a quote from wiki as a debunking start:

Misinterpretation of the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar is the basis for a New Age belief that a cataclysm will take place on December 21, 2012. December 21, 2012 is simply the first day of the 14th b'ak'tun.

Sandra Noble, executive director of the Mesoamerican research organization FAMSI, notes that "for the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle". She considers the portrayal of December 2012 as a doomsday or cosmic-shift event to be "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in."[13] The 2009 science fiction apocalyptic disaster film 2012 is based on this belief.
[en.wikipedia.org]

The other number things that you mention are embedded in human psychology, I think, insofar as we instinctively notice something the "third" time because that would indicate a pattern that it might be useful to remember for reasons of survival and that has given rise to such cliche's as "third time is the charm" and "three strikes and you are out" .

Here is a very interesting article on the influence of "three times":
[www.spring.org.uk]

I don't think people can be brainwashed by this number stuff but they might be unconsciously influenced, such as in the use Dyer makes of "3:13" and such influence can be stopped just by awareness of the trick. If someone really gets hung up on recurring numbers to the point that they interrupt the decision-making process, then they might want to look into getting help for "OCD" or "obsessive-compulsive disorder" since that disorder often manifests with counting. There is a neurological base for it that can be treated with medications, but one must be very cautious and get full diagnosis with something like that.

It is also a sad fact that cult-builders will sometimes use these inherent human weaknesses to reinforce their own influence in a group.

Just consider, did you go through a stage in childhood of being afraid to "step on a crack..."? (yeah, I admit it, I did!)

Posted by: brucebanner ()
Date: June 30, 2010 08:30AM

I personally have Bipolar Disorder and these numbers got stuck in my head for a number of years (about 2 or 3) in an OCD like fashion.

This is no joke, it can happen to people. Especially if your mind is running on empty or in a zombie like state because you've been systematically broken down by these new age scam artists who want your money!

Its just another little trick meant to delude people and make them easy to control.

I'm grateful I have my mind back!

Posted by: MikkeyQ4 ()
Date: July 01, 2019 05:13PM

So do angelic numbers have power or not? Is it good to follow them? A person gave me few question and said that my angelic numbers are 555 and 666. But i don't like these numbers. Help me smbd

Posted by: taalbis ()
Date: July 02, 2019 12:46AM

What makes a number ''angelic''? Doesn't it seem kind of arbitrary? If a number is ''angelic'' then it is so for everyone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2019 12:47AM by taalbis.

Posted by: taalbis ()
Date: July 02, 2019 04:07PM

There is no specific rationale behind numerology. The numbers are assigned a meaning based upon no specific reason. Its quite a joyride to look at videos on YouTube about numerology and the like, but too much just spoils everything.

Posted by: scampos ()
Date: July 09, 2019 10:10AM

This type of “angelic” number seems to me to be like reading horoscopes in gossip magazines. Just arbitrary explanations like taalbis said that are so broad (by design) that they could apply to almost anyone and any situation. I wouldn’t put much stock in them for how you live your life.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.