Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Anastasia- Ringing Cedars of Russia
Posted by: dsm ()
Date: June 30, 2010 01:03AM

I have done some backpacking along the AT. That was before celphones and also just after mobile internet began to invade.

Most people don't realize how "spotty" such access actually is. As soon as you are away from populated areas where there are lots of transmission towers, you are dependent on the odd angles of hillsides that can blcok signals, etc.

BUt my most memorable hike is also my last hike.

I had already had several near-bear experiences in previous hikes, and so I spent about $40 on a bear-proof food pack. My first night in, I located two trees and I strung the bear-pack up very high, impressing several other hikers with my expertise (being a fat middle-aged woman it wasn't what they expected, I guess ;) ).

Yeah, the bear was impressed, too. Chewed through the knot that anchored the line holding the pack. This saved the bear the effort of tearing the pack apart since it broke open upon landing on the sharp rocks below the trees.

The bear ate everything except the little packs of folger's instant coffee. I saw recognizable wrappers of all my expensive protein bars in piles of scat alongside the trail the next day. When I finally arrived at the camp, the ridgerunners for that area quizzed me like a couple of detectives. Turns out, they have been tracking this particular bear and his increasingly sophisticated methods as he had been making his way southward along the trail!

You know something else: with the drop in hunting of wild animals, they have lost their fear, and also there are those people releasing packs of wolves into a lot of wilderness areas, and no one hunts those wolves, either, or the cougars, etc and they are not rare animals anymore, nor are they fearful animals.

Not to mention all the crazy people of the planet. Come to think of it, I think our global population has jumped another billion since I first went hiking. I know the last hike was a lot more crowded with people, anyway.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: OutofTransition ()
Date: June 30, 2010 05:53AM

Also, read "Into the Wild" by Jon Krakenhauer or watch the movie. The book goes into much more detail. Basically, a naive kid from a wealthy family decides to chuck it all and head for Alaska, with very little in the way of wilderness survival skills. What happened to him was not pretty. He was already severely malnourished when he mistook poisonous berries for edible, and by the time he recovered, he found that the only route back to civilization was blocked by a flooded river. He knew then that he was going to die of starvation because he did not have enough food or time to wait for the river to go down.

Also, you might want to consider this: women living in isolated areas are at greater risk for domestic violence because they cannot get away so easily.

Posted by: seriously? ()
Date: July 04, 2010 01:58AM

He's seen "Into the Wild" and he seems to really glorify this, despite the fact that Christopher McCandless died a pretty horrible death at the end. He'll be different. But, that's not what he really wants to do anyway. He wants to have a house, electricity (off the grid, of course) and all of that. He just believes that we have to grow our own food and live in a secluded environment, where no negative vibrations can get to us.

The 10th book... apparently, there's a notion in there that, if you set up a mirror and some torches, it turns the land into a space ship that will transport the land to another planet, once this one gets too crowded. We got into a discussion yesterday and... he really, genuinely believes all of this stuff. I don't even know what to say or think, at this point.

Date: July 04, 2010 01:37PM

My goodness! There has got to be a way you can get him to start trying to apply enough of his dream in your present setting so that he can discover the obstacles for himself, since he apparently is explaining away anything you show him in media that is an obstacle for others.

You know, I have been prone to the "back to eden" syndrome and I found that a few half-way measures cured me. Just hiking and backpacking: have you considered sending him off on a solo hike with nothing but a pack for a week or two? Lots of people enjoy doing that periodically and it can bring back an appreciation of civilized toilets and clean sheets right quick.

Date: July 05, 2010 10:58AM

dsm
My goodness! There has got to be a way you can get him to start trying to apply enough of his dream in your present setting so that he can discover the obstacles for himself, since he apparently is explaining away anything you show him in media that is an obstacle for others.

You know, I have been prone to the "back to eden" syndrome and I found that a few half-way measures cured me. Just hiking and backpacking: have you considered sending him off on a solo hike with nothing but a pack for a week or two? Lots of people enjoy doing that periodically and it can bring back an appreciation of civilized toilets and clean sheets right quick.

I dunno, DSM. He's just blindly believing this stuff, even though anyone who's halfway rational will know that it's nonsense. He really believes the bit about the mirror and torches being a portal to another planet. I must have given him a look when he was telling me about it, because he started to try to explain why it makes sense. He really believes that all animals, including wild bears, wolves, etc, were put on this earth to serve humanity, bring us food, raise our children and actually enjoy being able to do these things for us. Yes, he's heard of the couple that were pretty much devoured by the bears that they were living with. It didn't make him falter, even for a moment. He really believes that Anastasia can see the future, long distances, and communicate with the dead, just by thinking about it and that she has a cosmic ray that connects her to the universe. Pretty much, if it says so in the Anastasia books, it's completely, 100% true, in his mind.

Thankfully, we don't have children. I need to have "information" erased from past relationships. Apparently, Anastasia believes that unless this information is erased, no child that we have together will actually be his, but rather an amalgamation of my ex husband and ex boyfriends. There was an alleged experiment where a guy tried to breed a male zebra to a female horse, failed (because, in this alternate reality, horses and zebras can't mate) and the horses subsequent foals had stripes, even though the mare was bred to another horse. This notwithstanding the fact that zorses have been in existence since at least the late 1800's. Anastasia says it's not possible, so the photos on the internet were Photoshopped and fake.

At this point, I'm contemplating divorce.

Date: July 06, 2010 06:05AM

Well maybe sending him off with a back-pack will give you time to get set to divorce if the hiking cure doesn't work.

That thing about influence of your past relationships on "his" fatherhood is very scary. If you stick with him and have a child, and that thinking creeps back, he might become abusive.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 09, 2010 04:33AM

To whom it may concern:

dsm has been banned from this message board.

Rick Ross
www.culteducation.com

Re: Anastasia- Ringing Cedars of Russia- Update
Date: September 13, 2011 07:36AM

I fought this for a year and have to finally admit that I've failed. My husband has returned to Russia and he intends to stay there, marry another woman and pursue his beliefs in Anastasia. The really sad part is that I'm currently pregnant with what would have been his first child. As it was not conceived in the Anastasia way, he wants nothing to do with either one of us.

If anyone ever questions how this kind of thing destroys lives, please direct them to me and I'll explain it to them.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 13, 2011 10:12PM

Dear seriously? you cant be the only one out there. Feel free to drop by this website
and if this thread droops below visibility on the screen, you can just put the word bump or test into a post.

Doing this is the equivalent of adding a new post and it will bring this thread to into view of any new visitor to the website and may increase the chances that someone who just happens to know someone in this group will add a post.

The group has a lot of material online these days.

[www.google.com]

Make sure your baby will have some steady and dependable male role models from your side of the family. And gradually let him or her know the circumstances in which dad disappeared. Do this in manageable bits before your child reaches the teens. There is a chance your ex may re-appear and try to recruit your child. You may be able to make some legal arrangements and do documentation so that you will have established evidence on paper in case your child is still a minor and your ex wants to re-enter the picture.

Once your child is over 18, he or she will be free to make decisons. If you can provide information so that there is as little secrecy and mystery as possible, and do it manageably in line with what your child can understand (A two year old needs quite different information than a 7 year old.)

All the best for you. Its like losing a spouse to a gambling addiction or someone who disappears into a life of drug dealing.

[www.google.com]

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 13, 2011 10:28PM

Note-you are hurting. Exercise caution in whom you contact if you want to protect your own privacy. Some may desire you to 'bear witness' or appear as part of their own conferances. Think carefully and preserve your home life.

Get promises of confidentiality in writing and get advice from an attorney. If you are quoted in the print media, always keep a record of the interview, and research the background of the journalist--you want someone with excellent references and preferably on staff with a newspaper with a sterling reputation.

Somebody offered a presentation paper on this subject at a conferance.

This person, in 2008 was a doctoral candidate at a university in Lithuania-Vyatus Magnus University. Google information here

[www.google.com]

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

CESNUR - Centro Studi sulle Nuove Religioni diretto da Massimo Introvigne
www.cesnur.org
The 2008 International Conference
londonTwenty Years and More: Research into Minority Religions, New Religious Movements and 'the New Spirituality'

Organized by INFORM and CESNUR in association with ISORECEA
April 16-20, 2008 - London School of Economics, Houghton Street, London

TWENTY YEARS OF STUDIES ON RELIGIOUS PLURALISM IN THE FORMER SOVIET UNION

Chair: José ANES

Anastasia and Vissarion Movements - The Fashionable versus Minor Spirituality - Rasa PRANSKEVICIUTE (Doctoral Candidate, Vytautas Magnus University, Kaunas)

This group here is from a Christian apologetic perspective.

[www.thecenters.org]

(Google cache)

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

Anastasia

Anastasia

Ringing Cedars of Russia, Anastasiya

Vladimir Megre (b. Vladimir Nikolaevich Puzakov)

Vladimir Megre (b. Vladimir Nikolaevich Puzakov)

Novosibirsk, Russia

no single official headquarters

Kiev Patrimonial Estate Academy (Ukraine)

"Zvenyaschie Kedry Rossii" (Ringing Cedars of Russia), "Zvenyaschie Kedry Ukrainy" (Ringing Cedars of Ukraine), Source of Life Association (Canada), Day of Earth, Ringing Cedars Press, Source of Life Association, "Rodnaya Partya" (Native Party) — a political party-in-the-making conceived to lobby amendments to the Russian and Ukrainian constitutions to secure the right of every citizen to establish a patrimonial estate of his own.

The Ringing Cedars of Russia series (8 volumes)

The Ringing Cedars of Russia Almanac (occasional) "Byt Dobru" (Let There Be Good) — "international monthly newspaper," Kyiv (Kiev), Ukraine, published in Russian. "Rodovaya Zemlya" (Patrimonial Land) — privately published monthly newspaper. Oryol, Russia. Published in Russian. "Rodnaya Gazeta" (Native Newspaper) — "all-Ukrainian" bimonthly newspaper. Official publication of the Ukrainian Native Party. Kiev (Kyiv), Ukraine. Published in Russian. “Rodovoye Pomestye” (Patrimonial Estate) — bimonthly newspaper. Official publication of Kiev Patrimonial Estate Academy. Kiev, Ukraine. Published in Russian.

One of Megre’s sites explains that "In 1994 a Siberian elder told the entrepreneur Vladimir Megre a fascinating story about the ’ringing cedars’ — trees respected from Biblical times for their curative powers and the capacity to re-connect human beings with the Divine. The elder told him where such a ringing cedar was growing in the Siberian backwoods. Vladimir Megre set out on an expedition to find the tree. But his encounter with the elder’s granddaughter Anastasia transformed him so deeply that he abandoned his commercial plans and, penniless, went to Moscow to write a book about the spiritual insights she shared with him."

In 1998 Olga Stukova, founder and director of the Rerikh Theosophy Society and leader of an Anastasia club in St. Petersburg, was asked by a “major publisher” to write a book describing her own perspective on the Anastasia phenomenon.

In December 1991 Vladimir Megre sued Stukova for plagiarism. In the course of this lawsuit (which lasted about 2 years) Megre was forced to admit that his stories about Anastasia are fictitious.

Thus confession stirred much turmoil among Megre’s followers — some of them even summoned him to repent and retract his statement. In her defense, Stukova claimed that Megre himself had plagiarized most of his ideas from books by an obscure psychic healer named Olga Guz.

She went on to support her statement from the actual publications. Stukova finally won the lawsuit, but Olga Guz also used this unexpected publicity to claim that she, in fact, is the real Anastasia.

Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.