JOIE DE VIVE HOTELS CHIP CONLEY = LANDMARK EDUCATION
Posted by: morbid1ec ()
Date: March 02, 2010 06:52AM

I would like for it to be know that JOIE DE VIVRE HOTELS and its owner CHIP CONLEY are great supporters of Cafe Gratitude and therefore supporter of LANDMARK EDUCATION. Below is a list of hotel they own, so please spread the word and do not stay at any of the hotels. I am a former employee who left at will because of JDV pushing LANDMARK rhetoric on me.

Acqua Hotel
Americania Hotel
Carriage Inn
Citizen Hotel
Domain Hotel
Dream Inn
Gaige House
Galleria Park
Good Hotel
Hotel Adagio
Hotel Angeleno
Hotel Avante
Hotel Carlton
Hotel Del Sol
Hotel Drisco
Hotel Durant
Hotel Erwin
Hotel Kabuki
Hotel Los Gatos
Hotel Maya
Hotel Rex
Hotel Tomo
Hotel Vitale
Laurel Inn
Mill Valley Inn
Moorpark Hotel
Petite Auberge
Phoenix Hotel
Shorebreak Hotel
Ventana Inn & Spa
Waterfront Hotel
Waters Edge Hotel
White Swan Inn
Wild Palms Hotel

It has also been discovered the JDV Hospitality is tied in various ways to landmark education,
a dangerous mind control cult. for those of you who dont know about landmark,
it was started be a former Scientologist, Werener Erhard in the 70's. Under intense legal and ethical scrutiny he sold the company to his brother and sister and changed the name to "the Forum", which was lated changed to
Landmark Education. It is still owned and run by Werner Erhard's brother Harry.
In Chip Conley's books, he continuously praises Cafe Gratitude, a restaurant started
by Landmark Education members, as "a business model for all restaurants" .
Cafe gratitude admittedly opened as a chance to employ and recruit more cult members.
Mr Conley has also brought in the owners of Cafe Gratitude, admitted cult members,
posing them as inspired speakers and forcing his employees to be exposed to their cult rhetoric.
A scathing expose on Cafe Gratitude is available at this location
[ [www.eastbayexpr]...]

It should also be noted that Landmark Education is JDV hospitality's number one corporate client,
and they share a director of public relations, Dawn Shaloup, previously of JDV and now of Cafe Gratitude
I w For more information on this matter, go to Rick Ross's cult informaton page at
{ [forum.rickross]....]

here are some more very interesting links on landmark education, Cafe Gratitude and Chip Conley. Below are some quotes Mr. Conley has made about Cafe Gratitude, i.e Landmark Education

“Café Gratitude offers an experience that expands what is possible for all people–a great recipe for business. I've watched Café Gratitude grow and have experienced both the flavors of their food and their commitment to providing a sacred experience for their customers.”

—Chip Conley, founder and CEO, Joie de Vivre Hospitality

“The Engelharts have an intriguing and preposterous notion: Companies can now serve as centers of self-realization and CEOs can nurture a business community’s spiritual transformation as well as a healthy bottom line. This is cutting-edge stuff and I’m cheering them on.” —Chip Conley, Founder and CEO of Joie de Vivre Hospitality

—Chip Conley, founder and CEO, Joie de Vivre Hospitality

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: JOIE DE VIVE HOTELS CHIP CONLEY = LANDMARK EDUCATION
Posted by: Christa ()
Date: March 02, 2010 12:49PM

I find this very alarming. I've stayed at one of the hotels you listed. Can you post more info, please?

Posted by: morbid1ec ()
Date: March 02, 2010 01:22PM

I can tell you that I was forced to go to a so called " inspired speaker" which turned out to be Matthew and Terces Engelhart, the owner of Cafe Gratitude talking about "getting clear" every morning with their employees and using scientology/landmark rhetoric. When I complained to human resources I was threatened to "watch was i was saying and who I was talking about"
I told them that I did not appreciate them bringing in cult members to speak to us, because i grew up with parents who were involved in the early days of EST. In any case, Chip Conley, the company's owner, is a huge supporter of Cafe Gratitude and Landmark Education just happens to be his number on corporate client. Read between the lines and do some research,it is all out there.

Anyway, I got out of there but am being threatened by JDV Hotels lawyers to watch what I say about the company. Obviously they are very litigious like Landmark themselves. Let them sue me.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 03, 2010 12:06AM

A discussion of Cafe Gratitude here, and reference to an East Bay Express Article

[forum.culteducation.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.