Surprised that Amma and Deepak Chopra are listed but not
Posted by: shimon ()
Date: December 23, 2009 03:43AM

going thru the home page and looking at all of the listed group information was surprised to see Amma, also known as Mata amritanadamyi listed , even though i looked through the articles on her and did not find anything negative about her. ANd also was surprised to deepak chopra. Although i agree about Chopra, but then am surprised not to see several others: Like Byron Katie, she should be on there for she has done many of the same things as James Aruthur Ray. Also surprised not to see listed Tony Robbin, David Hawkins, Micheal Bernard Beckwith, Opray WInfrey.

it is interesting to see that alot of the subjects, people we talk about over at the forum are not listed on the group information page, and yet some are. as far as i know Amma seems less harmless than Byron Katie and Deepak seems less dangerous than Tony RObbins. Curious what others think. SHimon

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Surprised that Amma and Deepak Chopra are listed but not
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 23, 2009 05:04AM

shimon:

Local newspaper and wire service articles or court documents would be meaningful additions to the archive.

Other than that there are comments here.

If you come across a local newspaper articles about Katie post the link through www.cultnews.net if it's a breaking news story. Or, you can post a link here for a past report that appeared some time ago.

22 news Stories on Tony Robbins from Stockwatch
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: December 23, 2009 07:40AM

An interesting thing about this forum is that its sometimes a couple of years ahead of the media reports.
For example, James Arthur Ray was pointed out as being a dangerous scammer a couple of YEARS ago in this forum, when at the time the "media" was licking James Ray's boots as he was in The Secret.
[forum.culteducation.com]

Then when 3-5 people end up DEAD, then the media writes some reports.
Even then, they basically ignore the dozens and hundreds who have been HURT by James Ray.
The media seems to only get involved after people have been literally killed.

That is a subject itself.
There are some Byron Katie articles so far, but these new age sects/cults are smart these days, they actually pay PR companies to get puff-pieces in the media.
How a Self-Help Guru Is Born [www.culteducation.com]
There basically has been ZERO real research by the media into Byron Katie...yet.

And some other Guru's regularly sue the media to try to scare them to not write critical stories. Tony Robbins was involved in many such attacks on the media, so they tend to leave him alone.

(paste this into Google for 22 news Stories on Tony Robbins from Stockwatch)
site:www.stockwatch.com "tony robbins"

CanWest's Sun trial hears it's all true about Robbins [www.stockwatch.com]

Exposing these teachers
Date: December 23, 2009 11:09AM

The Anticult
An interesting thing about this forum is that its sometimes a couple of years ahead of the media reports.
For example, James Arthur Ray was pointed out as being a dangerous scammer a couple of YEARS ago in this forum, when at the time the "media" was licking James Ray's boots as he was in The Secret.

Hi Anticult,

I agree with everythign you wrote and you are such a good writer on here, sharing so much good information. you were ahead of the times reporting on james ray and others, including michael beckwith. but with him, i just posted a few days ago under the secret heading asking for more dirt on him and so far nobody has come forward. i know there has to be some negatives about him, or at least i think there is or should be. for he was on Oprah with james aruthur ray. and he seems to be selling a lot too in my humble opinion.

byron katie does similar trainings as James ray and it is only time before somebody dies at one of her homeless outings too or other exercises. and i am sure there have been many burnings of peoples feet at these trainings where they walk on coals. and james ray has people break boards, i am sure some of these others do similar stupid things and it is only a matter of time before more injuries or deaths happen at Katies or similar trainings and make the news.

but you were right on, so ahead of the times warning people about ray. It is such a shame that people had to die before he was exposed. and i really feel opray winfrey is to blame too like you said. she has to take some responsiblity for making him a star and sending these soccer moms onto him without knowing what he is doing, the wolf he really is.

and I agree wholeheartedly that some of these teachers are threatening lawsuits if negatives written about them. some have their lawyers send threatening letters to people who are writing about them on the web, etc.

keep up the good work on exposing these people and do you know anything more about Michael bernard beckwith. is he a danger to soccer moms too or is he not in the league of james rays and byron katies. Thanks for all your contributions. Shimon

The Visionary Rev Dr Michael Beckwith cures cancer? prove it!!
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: December 24, 2009 06:48AM

There was quite a bit about about Beckwith in that other thread on The Secret, a few people from his former churches posted?

Paste what is below into Google and see the different posts here about the Visionary Rev Dr Michael Beckwith.

site:forum.culteducation.com beckwith

or press this link [forum.culteducation.com]

If you are interested in Beckwith, then you could start a new thread about him, and cross-post and link to all the info on Beckwith, to put it in one place.
There was some early stuff about him asking for CARS as gifts, which was quickly removed from his website.

How bad is Beckwith? That remains to be seen. But he clearly is a slick-operator, looking out for #1.
He is selling a dangerous New Thought ideology, same as James Ray.

Beckwith is very slick, he toned down his "cancer" bullshit on Oprah.
Beckwith BS and unproven claims that his methods can "cure cancer" could easily lead to people's deaths, as they might not get treatment, and just try to THINK the cancer away.
Beckwith has claimed his process "dissolves cancer". He is a liar, obviously. That is, he has no proof of any of it, its hype, BS, salesmanship.
I recall he was asked to show the MEDICAL RECORDS of the cancer he "cured" with his methods.
Where's the proof? There is none, zero.

So start a new thread just on Beckwith if you want, in this forum about Cults, Sects, New Religious, and cross-link to him all the other details, and search the internet for more information on him. There would be all kinds of complaints against him, here and there.

Then post cross-links on other wesbites about Beckwith, and over time more information will come forward.

Beckwith is just a hype-master, a salesman, a self-promoter. He's raking in the money, just like James Ray, due to Oprah.
These New Thought preachers like Beckwith, mainly they are about money money money, dear lord they make a lot of money, as they tell people the more money they give Beckwith, the more money the universe will give them.
Its a license to make money.

New Thought has been a cash cow since the mid 1800's, literally.
If you are a slick greedy crook, with the gift of the gab, and don't mind lying for a living, become a New Thought practioner. They make a bloody fortune.
The Secret make them all millions, and it will come back again in a few years, in another form.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2009 06:50AM by The Anticult.

Re: Surprised that Amma and Deepak Chopra are listed but not
Date: December 24, 2009 08:18AM

The people who claim to heal others is an interesting one. just recently someone told me about a Christian Healer who healed him and his daughter. he was telling me amazing stories, about everything from growing new organs to instantaneous healing of cancer,strokes, broken bones,etc. I looked her up and watched a few youtube videos of her, but am not convinced. I am very leerry of all of these people.

It is wonderful that you are able to spot these fakes, charlatans, money greedy people and report on them before others get sucked in, you at least warn them, to at least look deeper. you are doing a great service. Keep up the good work and i expect to see some of these listed too one day on the group page. Shimon

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.