Re: James Arthur Ray - 2 die at Arizona retreat's sweat lodge
Posted by: Yakaru ()
Date: March 08, 2011 05:52AM

I suspect you're not far off, Sparky!

Curious that a drive-by anonymous should feel compelled to (pretend to) read that book so quickly and comment here as a one off. There are plenty of Death Ray's minions prowling around trying to poison the well.

Ray spent years developing and maintaining his network of paying fans, and I understand it took quite some coaxing for people to start speaking to investigators. Thankfully enough of them eventually did. With Ray still grooming new victims and obviously planning to continue his career should he escape a jail sentence, the last thing he wants is previous victims to speak out publicly like Ms Joy has.

Certainly there is plenty of new age babble in the book, but its peripheral to the central theme, which is analyzing Ray's methods, motives and behavior, revealing the way his staff breathlessly supported him, and giving an insight into how a well educated person like her could be sucked in.

I'm not one for excusing or underestimating the danger of many new age ideas, but in this case, it's a book by a woman struggling to come terms with the fact that she got duped, lost a lot of cash, and unwittingly participated in a scam that finished up killing some of her friends. I for one am prepared to cut her some slack and appreciate the job she's done of speaking out and exposing Ray and his methods.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 08, 2011 06:45AM

Stoic, RE Ray's tweets - I think all of them now are either preprogrammed or are done by members of the "thumb-ring brigade" back home. Apparently, the one via Hootsuite" are preprogrammed, and the others are (or used to be) by him.

Date: March 08, 2011 06:45AM

Stoic, RE Ray's tweets - I think all of them now are either preprogrammed or are done by members of the "thumb-ring brigade" back home. Apparently, the ones via Hootsuite" are preprogrammed, and the others are (or used to be) by him.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: March 08, 2011 08:40AM

Connie Joy's book " Tragedy in Sedona" at Amazon has RAVE reviews from purchasers. Check it out and the comments as well. I especially enjoyed the one (1) negative review. Clearly a Ray loon.

Here is the official site of Joy's book:

[www.tragedyinsedona.com]

If the poster DancerCotillion is J.A. Ray, then let me give a "shout-out" to his future cellmate, prisoner #475-9971 "Hey, your new cellmate is very inspirational, so at night you two will be VERY inspired".

If DancerCotillion is Joy's publisher or agent then you sir/madam are a genius at guerilla marketing. My hat is off for you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2011 09:05AM by Sparky.

Tragedy in Sedona: My Life in James Arthur Ray's Inner Circle
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: March 08, 2011 10:31AM

Yes, the one negative review on Amazon is either from a Ray follower, or just someone who is utterly clueless. [www.amazon.com]

But it goes to show you, even after multiple deaths, injuries, criminal charges....SOME followers will keep on following the Guru.
Even after Gurus get convicted, and are guilty, some followers still follow them.

James Arthur Ray was/is surrounded by a real pack of sharks, which has been widely documented.

Some of the senior followers of a Guru will literally do anything for the Guru, as has been seen time and again.
They will cover things up, they will lie, cheat and steal. They will cover up crimes.
Some followers have poisoned people, in other groups.
They will do anything for their Guru, to win the Gurus approval, its a dangerous scenario.

Posted by: DancerCotillion ()
Date: March 08, 2011 01:49PM

Yakaru
I suspect you're not far off, Sparky!

Curious that a drive-by anonymous should feel compelled to (pretend to) read that book so quickly and comment here as a one off. There are plenty of Death Ray's minions prowling around trying to poison the well.

Ray spent years developing and maintaining his network of paying fans, and I understand it took quite some coaxing for people to start speaking to investigators. Thankfully enough of them eventually did. With Ray still grooming new victims and obviously planning to continue his career should he escape a jail sentence, the last thing he wants is previous victims to speak out publicly like Ms Joy has.

Certainly there is plenty of new age babble in the book, but its peripheral to the central theme, which is analyzing Ray's methods, motives and behavior, revealing the way his staff breathlessly supported him, and giving an insight into how a well educated person like her could be sucked in.

I'm not one for excusing or underestimating the danger of many new age ideas, but in this case, it's a book by a woman struggling to come terms with the fact that she got duped, lost a lot of cash, and unwittingly participated in a scam that finished up killing some of her friends. I for one am prepared to cut her some slack and appreciate the job she's done of speaking out and exposing Ray and his methods.

Actually you guys are WAAAY off base with your guesses but thats ok. It is mildly amusing. I can grok why you might be suspicious considering this was my first post here.

While I appreciate your suspicion, the irony is I did signed up on these forums for a very, very different reason than you apparently think. You have made the absolute opposite assumptions of why I criticize Connie Joy's book.

I have a copy of Connie Joy's book sitting right here with me. You want me to prove I have it and have read it? Pick a page and I'll quote from it for you.

Here is a few samples just for you. If you still doubt I've read the book list a page and I'll quote it for you.

pg19 (from the first word)
"table. When I arrived, Megan, James Ray International's (JRI) Chief"

pg65
"dark woods to our own burial ground. No flashlights were allowed, and no talking from now..."

pg153
"A 'bleed through' last only a few seconds. If one is not paying..."

pg263
"He look up at us and grinned. This was the first time I ever saw him not complete the full circle."

Final sentence of her book (right before the About the Author page)
"I am ready now for the sunrise to bring the warmth back into my life."

Again, feel free to ask me anything to prove I read the book.

Also, if not for my error in only posting a snippet of my thoughts, I would be extremely offended that you imply I am believe anything that a con-artist, hustling piece of utter shite, murderer like James Arthur Ray believes.

I just happen to think Connie Joy's book is poorly written and painful to read (no offense but she really is not that bright or educated). I am not too big a fan of people writing books after tragedies to try to profit off of them. Connie calling her book "Tragedy in Sedona" was offensive to me since she was NOT at Sedona for this event and it DOES come off that she is trying to profit a little personally off of a tragedy. Rest assured I am going to skewer the Angel Valley owners if they actually publish the book they claim to be working on.

Here is a site I set-up last year in November that breaks down many of Ray's techniques of influence and persuasion using my academic background in cognitive linguistics, behavioral economics and social psychology:

[invisibledata.net]

Feel free to ask anything you wish and I will answer if I can.

Date: March 08, 2011 10:38PM

Ok, let me summarize all that: You found Connie Joy's book is poorly written and painful to read, and you accuse her of trying to profit from the death of her friends. And you already said that in your first comment. I think you're just leading people up the garden path here.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: March 08, 2011 10:59PM

'Feel free to ask anything you wish and I will answer if I can.'

Gracious of you, DancerCotillion. Feel free to read this entire thread that covers in great depth and specificity everything that you mention on your blog.

I started counting typos and grammatical errors while reading but decided that such point scoring was just too mean an endeavour on which to waste my attention.

Posted by: Kalista7 ()
Date: March 09, 2011 02:31AM

Hello, I just joined and wanted to say that I truly appreciate this forum. I am very interested in this case, as I've done many sweat lodges in the past, which were nothing like the ones Ray conducted.

Re: Connie's book - I never heard of her until I saw that post. The only thought I had was that she should definitely donate the proceeds to the victim's families, rather than make money off a tragedy. Also, it seems misleading to use Sedona in her title, if she wasn't at that event.

Yakaru - You can schedule tweets on Twitter many hours and days in advance, and you can't tell by the posts! It used to be called TweetLater.com, but now it's called SocialOomph.com. I use it for a friend of mine - I post 3 tweets a day for the week, and it takes about 30-45 min.

Have a good day, everyone, and we'll see what happens in court today.

James Arthur Ray huna.com Matthew B. James, Tad James NLP.com
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: March 09, 2011 02:58AM

yes, these threads and others here explain the various techniques used by Ray, including the NLP tech.
This thread also includes who specifically taught James Ray his NLP tech, and where and when. [forum.culteducation.com]

Matthew B. James is still bragging he trained James Ray, they clearly literally don't care that people are dead. [www.nlp.com] QUOTE "I have trained some of those people that you may be familiar with, such as Chris Howard and James Ray. This training is the final piece that integrates all the NLP trainings into one."

Of course, New Agers with no training in these areas have no idea of what is really going on, or what these NLP guys are doing to them. The New Agers are literally putty in their hands, as they don't have any awareness of what they NLPers are doing to them, while pretending to talk in New Age speak. Its truly scary how credulous the New Age market it, that is why the trained NLPers are always smiling.
Notice below they forget to mention what is REALLY going on. Huna is just a door into the New Age, to open the door of the mind of the new age targets. Anyone who understands what these guys REALLY do for a living can see exactly what is going on.

Truly horrifying to the trained-eye, the smiling disguised wolf luring Red Riding Hood into the cottage, sweat-lodge, LGAT seminar, to be eaten whole by the wolf, and have all their money taken, as well as their mind.

---------------------------------QUOTE--------------------
[www.shirleymaclaine.com]
Matthew B. James....
.... has been immersed in spiritual studies and the science of human potential since the age of five. He began his training in childhood, learning meditation and siddha yoga directly from such teachers as Baba Muktananda, as well as studying Huna, the primordial science of consciousness of Hawaii, from Uncle George Na'ope. In the '80's, Dr. James studied directly with several well-known teachers in the human potential movement, including Tony Robbins and Richard Bandler. In the last fifteen years, Dr. James has become the Trainer of Trainers himself; James Ray, Chris Howard, and several other prominent trainers have spent time studying with his organization, learning both the modern techniques for personal transformation and the ancient practices of Huna.

Most importantly, Dr. James has the honor and responsibility of carrying on the lineage of Kuauhaoali'i Huna. He has been a student of Huna, the ancient science of consciousness and energy healing of Hawaii, since 1990. ...
------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2011 03:01AM by The Anticult.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.