Current Page: 44 of 84
Re: Cryonics, Cult Movement or Ligit Science???
Posted by: captnims ()
Date: September 09, 2010 06:21AM

Melody Maxim questions business practices of Alcor. Where is all of the money really going? Maybe to politicians and to pay off judges???

[cryomedical.blogspot.com]

Cryonics Salary and Wages

To see Alcor's salaries, and other expenses, look for their Form 990's, here: [foundationcenter.org]
2008 shows Tanya Jones (listed as "Exec Dir, CEO, President COO) being paid $83,797 and receiving an additional $5,627 in "Other compensation." If you add up all the salaries listed on Alcor's 2008 Form 990, you get $196,362, which is reported on page 10, line 5, of that report. Just below that figure, on page 10, line 7, you will see "Other salaries and wages" of $270,538. Whom did that money go to? The same situation exists, in 2007, with $203,825 going to named staff members, and $283,286 going to "other."

I'm not going to take the time to go back, any further. Maybe Alcor has a valid reason for providing mysterious "Other salaries and wages" far in excess of those provided to the named staff members. If so, I'm sure some Alcor members would like to know what that reason is, and where that money is going.

The total salaries at Suspended Animation, of Boynton Beach, Florida, (primarily funded by Life Extension Foundation (LEF)), are far in excess of those being paid, at Alcor, in spite of SA having less named "Officers, Directors and Trustees," than Alcor, at last count. I think it's safe to assume the LEF-funded salaries at Critical Care Research and 21st Century Medicine are comparable to, or in excess of, those being paid by Alcor. Why are people with so few qualifications amongst them, being paid so much money? This situation seems to have more to do with "loyalty," rather than qualifications and/or competency.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: richiekgb ()
Date: September 10, 2010 04:37PM

If nothing else - i would say that was pretty damning evidence that some cream is being skimmed from the top of the milk for some reason!

Bearing in mind this is just what they are "declaring" on a 990 - I don;t know what the situation is in the states but people are never 100% honest here in the UK when doing their Tax Returns.

Just to lighten the mood a little: [www.vidoemo.com]

Posted by: shakti ()
Date: September 13, 2010 11:53PM

Hi, does anyone know what this is about? I received a link to it in my private messages from "Shannon Blevins". At first, I was excited to see a new "anti-cryonics" site.... except that this page doesn't make any sense to me. Shannon, if you have a reason that this site was sent to me, please explain it.

thank you

[sexliescryonics.webs.com]

(Cryonics scam) why can't we live forever? By: Kirkwood, Thomas
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: September 14, 2010 12:30AM

A recent article in Scientific American about death/aging.
The conclusion calls out the MERCHANTS OF IMMORTALITY, and their supplements and caloric restriction.

Those are the scammers, out to make money from selling lies and Anti-Aging snake-oil, from the fear of death.
The cryonics salespeople are using Anti-aging supplement sales, to get people through the front-door, and then trying to upsell them to cryonics.

------------------------
[www.scientificamerican.com]
Why can't we live forever?
By: Kirkwood, Thomas, Scientific American, 00368733, Sep2010, Vol. 303, Issue 3
QUOTE: "Using the science of aging to improve the end of life represents a challenge, perhaps the greatest yet to face medical science. Solutions will not come easily, despite the claims made by the merchants of immortality who assert that caloric restriction or dietary supplements, such as resveratrol, may allow us to live longer. The greatest human ingenuity will be needed to meet this challenge. I believe we can and will develop treatments targeted at easing our final years. But when the end arrives, each of us--alone--will need to come to terms with our own mortality. All the more reason then to focus on living--on making the most of the time of our lives, because no magic elixir will save us."

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: September 14, 2010 12:39AM

shakti
Hi, does anyone know what this is about? I received a link to it in my private messages from "Shannon Blevins". At first, I was excited to see a new "anti-cryonics" site.... except that this page doesn't make any sense to me. Shannon, if you have a reason that this site was sent to me, please explain it.

thank you

[sexliescryonics.webs.com]

I received the same message with the bizarre linked site. I got off within 30 seconds concerned it was a site that could attack my system. I ran a full virus scan immediately after going to the site, but no mal-ware apparently was launched/loaded against me.

I notified rrmoderator of this strange site from the one-day-only active "Shannon Blevins".

http://sexliescryonics.webs.com/
Date: September 14, 2010 12:58AM

There appears to be no malware on that cryonics website.
Perhaps someone else can explain it, but perhaps its an expose' of some of the players in cryonics??

Date: September 14, 2010 02:19AM

I think The Anticult and shakti have the right idea on this web link.

It appears that the site owner Korben Dallas (male, age 42 located in New York, N.Y.), may be new to this game. I think he is publishing private emails from some of the cryonics people to one another.

If this is true, they are suggesting the use of pirating software to rip movies for free and there is a lot of talk on masturbation and sex.

I poked around a bit more and the site is in serious need of organization and webmaster help.

No matter how you slice it, it is still hard to follow and completely understand who is saying what and why.

Date: September 14, 2010 02:48AM

Shannon Blevins, you sent some intersting PMs to me. I am not reposting them here as I don't know if you wish to share this or not on an open forum.

I encourage you to jump in on the message boards and leave your story for all to see. It also explains a lot about the link you sent.

If you have posted openly, I am sorry since it is not posted here yet. New members sometimes have a delay in their posts appearing as they await moderation.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2010 02:49AM by Sparky.

Cryonics scams
Date: September 14, 2010 03:19AM

Some of the cryonics usual suspects are listed here with the others.

Cryonicist Profiles [www.scribd.com]

"BEWARE AMERICAN CRYONICS SOCIETY IS A SCAM" website
Date: September 14, 2010 03:34AM

Here's a website with the message...

"BEWARE AMERICAN CRYONICS SOCIETY IS A SCAM" [blogs.myspace.com]

Current Page: 44 of 84

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.