Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ramtha anyone??
Posted by: jingles ()
Date: December 22, 2008 11:36PM

Hi. I'm a new forum member and an ex-Ramster. Has anyone here been a part of JZ Knight's/Ramtha's group?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ramtha anyone??
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: December 23, 2008 12:22AM

Welcome. I have not been a part of the group but know of it fairly well. How did you come to realize that Ramtha was not for real?

Posted by: Sandman ()
Date: December 23, 2008 12:29AM

I haven't been part of JZ Knight's group but here's a link to a website that is a good resource for former students of the Ramtha School of Enlightenment: [enlightenmefree.com]

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: December 23, 2008 01:18AM

there are some older threads about Ramtha and What The Bleep...
Ramtha is a huge business.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Posted by: jingles ()
Date: December 23, 2008 10:09AM

Sparky, in answer to your question, I realized Ramtha "was not for real" after I had been a non-active member for a number of years and I stumbled onto the EnlightenMeFree website. After reading postings from other ex-members, I was able to identify with their stories, red flags, emotional baggage, etc., and dug deeper and deeper into my personal experiences during the years I was with RSE. I feel like groundhog finally seeing the light. Each day brings a new realization and adjustment, but I'm so very glad to finally see the truth.

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: December 23, 2008 10:24PM

I like how a natural type of enlightenment occurs, only after people quit these fake enlightenment salesmen groups.
They are quite gentle on the homepage of the EMF website, which is good.

The bottom line though, is that Ramtha, JZ Knight, is a complete and utter self-conscious fraud, out to make the big bucks. Granted, she good at what she does in terms of getting people to go in deeper.
But there is no way in hell she even believes that stuff herself.
There seems to be signs of raging alcoholism too.
This type of con has been huge for centuries.

This is a good link too, witha What The Bleep review.

Ramtha (a.k.a. J.Z. Knight)
[skepdic.com]

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: December 24, 2008 12:19AM

Good link, The Anticult...especailly since it was made by ex-Ramtha believers.

In addition, jingles, here is the direct link to RR's Ramtha information:

[www.culteducation.com]

Posted by: speakable truth ()
Date: December 24, 2008 09:17PM

Rabbi Baruch Ha-Levi... (aka. Jason Perelman) a new age rabbi of Congregation Shirat Hayam of Swampscott, Massachussetts is urging his "conservative" congregation to watch "What the Bleep..." for their spiritual enlightnment! Can you believe that???? He believes in Ramtha... all praise JZ Knight! UGHHHH!

Rabbi B as he likes to be called points this out on his website under "his recommendations", and also at his weekly sermons.

The website for Rabbi B. is www.rabbib.com.

Please check his site out for other crazy views from this "leader", and read other comments under clergy abuse, and destructive churches here on rickross.

And, if you get a chance... please write in on the Rabbi B. site and let him know, and his unsuspecting growing flock of devotees know of his new age ways and that we find this (from experience) dangerous!

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 25, 2008 12:19AM

It appears that the What the Bleep film is quite excellent for getting people to regress and ditch their adult critical thinking skills.

Totally different from the Jewish tradition of using intellect and critical thought as PART of the spiritual path, not as something seen as undermining spirituality at all.

For fun, you can do RR.com message board search. Put 'Bleep' in the word slot and select 'all forums' and 'all dates' and see what comes up.

(The film 'The Secret' is also frequently cited)

Here are a few hand picked holiday treats.

Go here and scroll down and read what ajinajan wrote on

December 09, 2006 12:50PM

And The Anticult had some telling things to say, as well on December 09, 2006 01:31PM

Another thread

Finally a thread discussion on Quantum Physics and the Self Help Industry

(midonov, one of the correspondants has a Ph.D in physics)

Posted by: speakable truth ()
Date: December 25, 2008 12:57AM

Thank you for your post and additional interesting blogs.

And I agree... if the congregants who are subscribing to the new Ramthaesque teachings of new age spiritual advisor, Rabbi B. (along with his sister who channels spirits...you gotta read this guys website, rabbib.com) move rapidly away from "conservative" Judaic teachings and into the non structured, non accredited self help world of ineffectual fixes... what will follow??? I'm so concerned for the hearts and minds of these people, young and old.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.