Ohr Somayach
Posted by: mrnhghts ()
Date: January 06, 2008 02:28AM

Ohr Somayach is a haredi yeshiva headquartered in Israel that seeks greater influence in the U.S. as well, as it is an Anglo-oriented fundamentalist institution. It appears, however, to have some trouble penetrating the domestic U.S. Jewish community as much as Aish has: [www.jewishexponent.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ohr Somayach
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: February 04, 2008 05:06AM

Ohr Sameach and Aish Hatorah were both started by Rabbi Noach Weinberg. I have seen the rabbi at Aish in '95. Most of their efforts are fraught with failure. BTs have a way of coming and going.

Date: May 15, 2008 12:12AM

Years ago, I had a friend who went to Aish. The rabbis told one disgruntled student, "Look, this yeshiva turns out a product. You don't like the product? Just leave!"

Date: May 15, 2008 05:03AM

Richardmgreen, that is all too typical. How long ago was that? Did your friend tell you which rabbi said that?

Date: May 15, 2008 10:57PM

The incident was circa '78 to '79, but it still holds water. One of the things that really annoys me is how many problems we Jews sometimes have and how little sympathy we get from the Orthodox establishment. After what I went through on LI, it became painfully obvious that the BT movement offered me little back up.

Date: May 15, 2008 11:57PM

What happened in LI?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.