Spirtual Human Yoga
Posted by: greno ()
Date: November 09, 2003 05:16AM

Anyone heard of Spiritual Human Yoga, also known as Mankind Enlightenment Love (MEL)? I have a sister-in-law in the group that we are starting to get concerned about her behavior. From what I have been abel to find, it is based in St. Louis and is lead by Loung Minh Dang. Some of the apocalyptic predictions he seems to have made in the past seem really out there. Any experience with the group or knowledge of his teachings? Any comments would be welcome.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Spirtual Human Yoga
Posted by: hummingbird ()
Date: May 17, 2008 04:19AM

Hi. This is an old post but I too have been searching for information on this group and it was the only thing that came up on the forum. My brother has been involved with Mankind Enlightenment Love for about a year now. When I google it, there are lots of Websites but almost all of them seem to be linked to the group/organization itself, which seems to be quite widespread.

My brother has managed to rack up some credit card debt going to various seminars in different places around the country. He says that it doesn't matter because what he is learning is so valuable.

He spends a lot of time reading seminar transcripts and listening to CD's of different classes he has attended. My bro' has always been a free spirit, he's always had an unconventional take on life. So it all seemed quite benign but something very strange happened at a restaurant when we were out together a few weeks ago. A lady started choking on a piece of food. Something must have gone down the wrong way I guess. There was a lot of commotion, somebody did the heimlich maneuver and eventually she was okay & order was restored.

But my brother was terribly upset the whole evening. He couldn't get over it and kept blaming himself, saying that it was his fault. He said that he could have helped her and that it was some kind of test for him that he had failed. He said he had learned some 'energy healing' techniques to help people in emergencies but that he couldn't use them because he'd been drinking (he'd had one bottle of beer.)

So this incident seemed very surreal to me and I started to get a bit concerned. I took a little more interest in some of the literature my brother has lying around his place, which he studies very intently (all underlined with notiations). Most of it is pretty incomprehensible to me but these are quotes made by the group Leader that I read in one of my brother's books:

"If for any reason you refuse everything; you deny this teaching, you cannot be protected."

"If the soul is not turned to the protection of the human race, then this soul will not be protected and will be eliminated."

"[We need to learn] how to forget ourselves; how to forget ourselves to sacrifice to serve people; how to prepare ourselves; how to clean ourselves; prepare our minds; how to let our minds free, that is the only way to help our soul to really be free."

and this: "Now you have money. But when you see everything falling down [in society], then you say 'oh, if I would have known that before, I would have sold the house and then used that money to study, or to go and travel to learn with me."

I have asked my brother about these quite strange statements and he said that I don't understand because I haven't taken the classes and I am reading things out of context.

If anyone has any knowledge or experience of this group I would appreciate your feedback.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.