College Cults Information...
Posted by: Macabri ()
Date: November 17, 2002 03:14PM

I missed the actual news coverage on the story of college cults, but I was wondering if anyone had any info about them, or perhaps knew where I could access from more info somewhere else on the web...Much obliged for any info...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 17, 2002 07:22PM

There are many articles about "cults" at colleges within my archive. All you need to do is go to the search page and enter "college cults" or "cults on campus" and a listing of articles will come up as search results.

Some of the most common groups recruiting at colleges that have been called "cults" are:

International Church of Christ
Sri Chinmoy
The Assembly led by George Geftakys
The Unification Church
Scientology
Transcendental Meditation
Siddha Meditation
Soka Gakkai
NATLFED
The Brethren led by James Roberts
Falun Gong
Krishna ISCKON
Chabad Lubavitch, which targets Jews
Twelve Tribes

All these groups are listed within my archive with individual pages and linked articles.

Rick Ross

Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: November 17, 2002 11:56PM

Originally posted by rrmoderator
There are many articles about "cults" at colleges within my archive. All you need to do is go to the search page and enter "college cults" or "cults on campus" and a listing of articles will come up as search results.

Some of the most common groups recruiting at colleges that have been called "cults" are:

Chabad Lubavitch, which targets Jews
Rick Ross

Rick, Chabad is targeting non-Jews too with their "Sheva Mitzvahs B'nei Noach" campaign. Theres a letter on that beishmoshiach site that was of a talk that Rabbi Schneershoh gave some years ago that Chabad was to missionize non-Jews too.
Here's the letter:
Author Topic: The Rebbe's Call for a Global Noahide Campaign
Monotheism posted 03-18-2002 12:39 AM ET (US)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
With G-d's Help
Global Campaign to Teach Noahide Code to All Gentiles

The unique accomplishment of the "Global Shluchim (Lubavitch
emissaries) Conference" - and hence also the need to have Divine assistance and participation, efforts and human involvement - can also be understood from its name:

The title "Global Shluchim Conference" seems to refer simply
to a conference in which emissaries from all over the world take
part. But there is a deeper meaning:

The word "global" means that it ought to be on a global scale.
This means that the conference, and primarily, the mission work of its participants - must influence the entire world.

In this connection there is a further matter of primary
importance:

In order to make a dwelling place for G-d in this world in the
entire world, that it be truly "global" (as the Conference of
Emissaries is described), on a truly global scale, it is necessary
to influence the gentile nations, especially in light of the fact
that they constitute the vast majority of mankind.

For it is written that the Jewish people "are few among the
nations" - so even if we reach and influence all Jews, wherever they may be, this is only a small amount (in quantity) of all of the
nations in this physical world, which cannot be compared to the
scale of the large world with the numerous people who inhabit it.
Hence it appears that through the Jews alone there cannot be
achieved a dwelling place for G-d "in the lower creations" [i.e. in
this world], all of the "lower creations," in a "global" manner, on
a truly global scale.

[(Since the Jew is G-d's emissary, and "the emissary is like
the sender," to the point that they are considered one and the
same, - therefore we certainly have been given the capability and
assistance from G-d to transform the entire world. But G-d desired that it be a "dwelling place for the lower creations," (i.e. on their terms), that this be done in a natural manner and in a manner understood by the intellect of the "lower creations" (including that of non-Jews).]

In addition to a Jew's mission in observance of Torah and
Mitzvos (Commandments), and his influence on other Jews to do
likewise, the Jews also have a Mitzvah to influence the gentile
nations to observe the Seven Noahide Laws: "Moses commanded (the Jewish people what he had heard) from G?d Himself to compel all the inhabitants of the world to accept the Commandments in which the Children of Noah (i.e. all gentiles) were commanded."

This can be explained as follows - the general theme of all of
the Noahide laws is "He created it [the world] to be settled,"
inhabiting and civilising the world, to make the world a place
suitable for human inhabitation. It then becomes worthy for the Jews to make from it a dwelling place for G-d. If there is any place in the world that is lacking in proper civilization, that place is not
completely worthy to be made a dwelling place for G-d.

Based on the above it is understood that in order to settle
the world, in all its parts, we need the gentiles specifically, who
are extremely numerous and require a great area of land in which to dwell (unlike the Jews, who, being "few in number" do not need so much land for settling). The Jews can assist, but the chief and ultimate effort in settling the world - in the most literal sense - depends on the actual, bodily efforts of the seventy nations.

This is one of the reasons for that which the Jews were
commanded "to compel all the inhabitants of the world to accept the Commandments in which the Children of Noah were commanded." [It should be noted that the Noahide Code (through which "He created it [the world] to be settled" is achieved) must be observed (not "out of rational compulsion," but rather "because G-d commanded them [i.e. the Noahide Laws] in Torah and made it known to us through
Moses," meaning that the Noahide Code reaches gentiles via the
Jewish people.] For in order that the Jewish people achieve the
mission assigned to them of making of the world a dwelling
place for G-d in a complete manner - they must achieve that the
gentile nations civilise the world, by observing the Noahide Code
(including - via the law of charity ).

Now it is understood why it is called a "Global Emissaries
Conference":

When the emissaries assemble in a "Global Emissaries
Conference," it indicates an assembly and unification of emissaries from various places in the world - in fact from all four corners of the globe. Then each emissary represents the Jews and people in his place, also the gentile nations (with whom he works and whom he assists in their Divine service). This further underlines that their activity is to influence the entire world, to make the entire world a dwelling place for G-d.

Talks of the Lubavitcher Rebbe, Sefer HaSichos 5750, Vol. 1,
pps.
142-5.

Posted by: Macabri ()
Date: November 18, 2002 04:13AM

Thank you very much...When I went to the main page I only typed in college and it turned up no results...I'll be sure to check again...Thanks...

Date: November 19, 2002 01:14AM

What Lubavitch is trying to do is pretty scary to me and I'm really wondering just what exactly they want. Is this a plot for wold domination. I hate to be "politically incorrect" but I think what they're up to may be "Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion" material.
The Protocols was a document that started around 1890 claiming to be plan concocted by the leading rabbis of the time for world domination. The document is considered to be a forgery by most authorities but it's a main problem. It always pops up.
Recently, an Arabic TV station aired a segment on the document and read it. The ADL jumped all over this one.
First of all, the 7 commandments of the Sons of Noah is really 7 basic categories leading to 66 or so wider categories. I'd really like to know the particulars of all of this.
Do they expect the whole world to accept the Jewish interperatation of God? Do they expect Israel to become the leader of the nations.
And why is Lubavitch spreading their stuff around when the leaders in their movement who I know told me it's all BS?

Date: November 24, 2002 11:50PM

Rick, I got this off of [www.beismoshiach.org] in their message board it seems that Rabbi Schneerson did believe that he was the Messiah.
THE PSAK DIN: THE REBBE IS MELECH HA’MOSHIACH

After Shavuos 5751, rabbanei Chabad who had gathered at 770 from all over the world signed a detailed psak din which quoted the halacha in the Rambam regarding the signs indicating who is Moshiach, and established that “it is clear according to the Torah of truth that the halachic status of ‘b’chezkas she’hu Moshiach’ applies to the Rebbe shlita, for all the conditions enumerated in the Rambam apply to the Rebbe shlita.”

Then on the 11th of Sivan 5751, a ksav minui (letter of appointment, given to a legal emissary) on behalf of the beis din of Crown Heights, the Vaad Rabbanei Chabad of Eretz Yisroel, and the general Vaad HaRabbanim, was given to Rabbi Dovid Nachshon and to R Avrohom Taub, appointing them to read the psak din that the Rebbe is b’chezkas Moshiach at the gravesites of the Chabad Rebbeim in Russia. This trip was kept secret and merited special and rare attention from the Rebbe. The following are answers to these two shluchim:

Beis Iyar, near the mikva: “Yashar ko’ach yashar ko’ach.”

This was followed by: “All this was taken to the tziyun.”

On the 13th of Sivan, the Rebbe blessed the shluchim with a good trip in three languages. While in Russia, they asked whether they should tarry or travel immediately to Medzibuzh. The Rebbe said they should travel to Medzibuzh immediately.

On 5 Av 5751, a minyan convened and went to the gravesite of the Arizal where they read the psak din about the hisgalus (revelation) of the Rebbe as Melech HaMoshiach. When they informed the Rebbe of this, he said: “May all this have its effect, etc., and the time is auspicious, etc. I will mention it at the tziyun.”

THE BOOK
“YECHI HA’MELECH”

”The first book that fully explained the basis for the psak din of the rabbanim, that the Rebbe is b’chezkas Moshiach, was written by Rabbi Shalom Dovber Volpe in Yechi HaMelech. He submitted it to the Rebbe even before it was bound, and on the 19th of Cheshvan 5752, the Rebbe responded:

“It was received, many thanks. It is enclosed with this [note] to be published and exchanged for a bound one — and thank you in advance. May it be successful and for good tidings. I will mention it at the tziyun.”

The Rebbe took an interest in Rabbi Volpe’s receiving approbations for his book from gedolei Yisroel. Shortly after the book was published, shaliach Rabbi Yoram Ulman of Australia asked the Rebbe whether “it was proper” to learn this book with outsiders, for since it states precisely who Moshiach is he wanted the Rebbe’s blessing for success in this matter. The Rebbe gave him a positive answer.

The Rebbe’s head shaliach in Argentina, Rabbi Tzvi Greenblatt, received the Rebbe’s approval for translating a certain chapter from Yechi HaMelech HaMoshiach (a later book by Rabbi Volpe wherein the halacha of b’chezkas Moshiach is explained and connected to the fact that the Rebbe is Moshiach) and for disseminating it throughout Argentina by way of an individual who was not a Lubavitcher.

SIGNATURES AND GATHERINGS FOR KABBALAS HA’MALCHUS
OF THE REBBE

On 4 Iyar 5752, when Rabbi Dovid Nachshon submitted a form with 250 signatures on it affirming the acceptance of the Rebbe as Melech HaMoshiach, the Rebbe responded:

“It was received and thanks. May it be an ongoing activity and may it increase. Indeed, the time is auspicious... I will mention it at the tziyun.”

On the 8th of Iyar 5751, Rabbi Dovid Nachshon, along with other Chabad Chassidim, wrote to the Rebbe that at a gathering with over ten activists and mashpiim it was decided to continue with the signatures for kabbalas ha’malchus. More signatures were appended to the letter, and the Rebbe’s response was: “I will mention it at the tziyun and may he relate good news.”

After Rabbi Nachshon informed the Rebbe about a farbrengen at Kfar Chabad in connection with the fact that the Rebbe is Melech HaMoshiach, the Rebbe responded in Sivan 5751:

“May it be an ongoing activity and may it increase. Indeed, the time is auspicious. I will mention it at the tziyun.”

In Kislev 5752, the Rebbe responded as follows to a du’ch of signatures on kabbalas ha’malchus forms which Rabbi Nachshon had sent him, and about a lecture Rabbi Nachshon had given on the topic of “the Rebbe as Moshiach” at a special evening in which public figures were present:

“May it be fulfilled in them [the saying] that he who has 200 wants 400, etc. I will mention it at the tziyun.”

A GATHERING FOR KABBALAS HA’MALCHUS

The women of Crown Heights organized a gathering for the purpose of kabbalas ha’malchus, including by means of signatures. The women wrote to the Rebbe that the gathering would be taking place because of the Rebbe’s encouragement on Hoshana Rabba, to which the Rebbe said:

“May it be with great success, and the time is auspicious as are the inyanim. I will mention it at the tziyun.”

Regarding the invitation which they sent the Rebbe for this gathering, the Rebbe responded:

“I will bring the enclosed, G-d willing, to the tziyun. And the time is auspicious.”

Regarding the report which N’shei Chabad submitted after the gathering, in which they enumerated the topics which had been discussed — among them, the need to arouse the midas ha’malchus of the king through accepting his malchus, the unique ability and obligation that Jewish women have in bringing the Geula, and the special importance of writing and signatures — the Rebbe responded:

“I will mention it at the tziyun again for continued great and wondrous success in everything, etc.”

N’SHEI CHABAD DISTRIBUTING FORMS FOR KABBALAS HA’MALCHUS AROUND THE WORLD

On 3 Kislev 5752, a group of women presented the Rebbe with a beautiful box containing forms with signatures. The representative of the group said, “Baruch Hashem there is amazing work being done in the campaign of ‘and they sought Hashem and Dovid their king’ and they found him. And this is being spread through the N’shei Chabad, and throughout the world and to all the shluchos. We — N’shei and Bnos Chabad — accept Moshiach Tzidkeinu, the Rebbe shlita, and he will lead us upright to our holy land immediately.”

The Rebbe responded:

“Amen.”

(The Rebbe then looked at the box and said:) “Is this for me? Besuros tovos.”

(The Rebbe looked at the box again and the signatures and added:) “For all these matters you must give tzedaka, and may it be with great success, and go from strength to strength until you go to Elokim in Tziyon with the true and complete Redemption. Blessing and success, great success.”

Regarding N’shei Chabad’s decision to make a “seudas kabbalas panim l’Moshiach Tzidkeinu,” on Motzaei Shabbos 28 Teives 5752, and the plan to publicize this throughout the world and in the newspapers, the Rebbe said among other things:

“It was received and many thanks. May it be an ongoing activity and may it increase.”

When N’shei Chabad informed the Rebbe that they had prepared a pamphlet for the participants of the farbrengen, entitled Toras HaGeula, which contained sichos of the Rebbe, and that the seudos would take place in many locations around the world, the Rebbe responded:

“This is included in the bracha for the earlier letter, to which this is a continuation. But may it progress from strength to strength. For there are additional meritorious days and meritorious activities. And ‘action is the main thing,’ as per the psak din of our holy Torah and its explanation at length in Chassidus. I will mention it at the tziyun.”

In the middle of the meal, representatives of the women wrote to the Rebbe as follows:

“Hod malchuso k’vod k’dushas Admur shlita Melech HaMoshiach, Jewish women in general and N’shei Chabad in particular, are ready to greet Moshiach Tzidkeinu and to hear divrei k’vod k’dushaso in a manner of ‘a new Torah will go forth from Me’ at the meal arranged in his honor, and we pray that we merit the true and complete Redemption with heavenly clouds, etc., immediately mamash.”

The Rebbe responded, “All who bless are blessed with Hashem’s blessing, whose increase is greater than the capital, particularly a special blessing at a special time. I will mention it at the tziyun.”

Date: November 24, 2002 11:51PM

THE GATHERING FOR KABBALAS HA’MALCHUS IN 770 — BROADCAST LIVE AROUND THE WORLD

Right after the seuda, Rabbi Chaim Baruch Halberstam of W.L.C.C. gave a report to the Rebbe of the list of cities and countries worldwide which participated via hook-up in the seudas Melaveh Malka. The report began with: “K’vod k’dushas Admur shlita Melech HaMoshiach L’olam Va’ed! A report from the broadcast of the kabbalas panim for the Rebbe MH”M by the N’shei and Bnos Chabad.” The Rebbe responded:

“It was received and many thanks for the nachas ruach which was caused and continues to be caused. I will mention it at the tziyun.”

On the Sunday following the meal, the organizers of the event went to the Rebbe and said: Jewish women, members of “a stubborn nation,” decided to go from strength to strength until they receive the actual Geula. The Rebbe said:

“Good news and great success. May all the blessings be fulfilled soon. [Upon distributing to each an additional dollar, the Rebbe added:] This is for the gathering.”

THE REBBE’S DIRECTIVE TO THE N’SHEI CHABAD
OF LONDON:

To N’shei Chabad of London who had written about their activities regarding Moshiach, the Rebbe told them to act in accordance with the N’shei Chabad of Crown Heights:

“It was received along with that which was appended to it. Many thanks and may it be with great success. You are certainly in touch with N’shei Chabad here, to find out about their recent celebration here. I will mention it at the tziyun.”

To N’shei and Bnos Chabad of Paris, who had written that they were preparing to arrange a farbrengen, a Melaveh Malka for kabbalas pnei Moshiach Tzidkeinu on Motzaei Shabbos B’Shalach (based on the Rebbe’s directive to them to organize this again), the Rebbe responded on Erev Shabbos Parshas B’Shalach:

“May it be with great success and the time is auspicious. I will mention it at the tziyun.”

“YECHI TAMBOURINE”

N’shei U’Bnos Chabad decided to hold a special evening of song for the Redemption, “with tambourines and dancing,” on Motzaei Shabbos Tetzaveh. When they informed the Rebbe of this he said:

“May it be with great success. I will mention it at the tziyun.”

At dollars the following Sunday, Mrs. Chavie Cohen gave the Rebbe a tambourine, on which was inscribed “Yechi Adoneinu Moreinu V’Rabeinu Melech HaMoshiach L’olam Vo’ed!” and she said, “this is for the Rebbe shlita. With this tambourine, the women danced last night, with joy that breaks all bounds, and absolute certainty in the immediate revelation of the Rebbe shlita, Melech HaMoshiach, for a complete redemption.”

The Rebbe responded with a smile: “This you will probably leave with me.”

The Rebbe gave her another dollar and said: “This is for the ‘tzitzelei s’ruah,’ as it is called in Tehillim. May it be in a good time.”

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.