Current Page: 18 of 24
Re: The Christ Family
Posted by: ohjohn ()
Date: November 22, 2011 09:18AM

I believe I remember you as well as Barry. Humility is what I strive for. Recently been studying literature have found it is what I need to strive for. I must
keep things simple. Read where pride is opposite humility. Glad more names are coming up. I was all messed up. Got somewhat recovered one day at a time. Was sweeping the shop floor and heard on the radio a man who left and found himself. Told a co-worker who helped me reach the speaker to talk to him one on one. It helped a-lot to do that. Just about reaching my retirement in the trade I had run away from and was able to return not losing a whole lot. I've got some other names I'd like to know about. I remember Barry just like you described. He really stands out in my memory getting to be over 30 yrs. ago. Thanks for taking time on this site. I'd searched a long time to find it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lord Haw Haw ()
Date: November 23, 2011 10:44AM

Is this religious movement still active?

Why on earth would people choose to wear nappies on their head, what is spiritual about that?

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: December 11, 2011 10:32PM

Here you go, Haw Haw, some good $cientology articles on the news feed on the homepage--you'd find them educational--I am--I always wondered, before I knew about the El Ron homestead connection, why East Grinstead was such a vortex for new-agey, cultic stuff.

[www.culteducation.com]

It was uncanny, the guy who I first discussed Bandler with lived in East Grinstead--and by coincidence I'd met his wife, a lovely black lady, years before on my world travels. She was a smart one.

I've never been with the Co$ BTW, way too obvious, even for me in my tender years.

Date: December 12, 2011 04:03PM

I do not understand why you posted what link, it is way off topic and has nothing to do with the Christ Family and not the Scientology churc.
Please stay on topic, as there is a seperate thread for the cult you want to discuss.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: December 13, 2011 04:54AM

I went looking for you Haw Haw, to offer my aid--since you expressed an earlier interest in the Co$.
Cult Education Forum here, where we educate ourselves--wouldn't want you to miss a trick--or some very educational articles on your former cult.

Date: December 13, 2011 07:18AM

Stoic you may not have noticed but this thread is about the Christ Family not Scientology.

All i know about Scientology is it has made Tom Cruise a mental case and Katie a brainless zombie, the poor girl. You have me mistaken for someone else and your game is getting tired.

Please stay on topic. The Christ Family was a dangerous cult, and I do not appreciate you changing the subject.

My niece Martina was apart of this group in the 80's, they introduced her to drugs, which resulted in her having a breakdown and them removing her from the group in 1986 she committed suicide, after being out of the group for 4 months.

We still do not know if both where connected, but the blame falls on them!

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 13, 2011 04:05PM

To whom it may concern:

It is very important to stay on topic and avoid needless personal attacks, which are against the rules.

Let's stay on track here.

Posted by: ohjohn ()
Date: January 22, 2012 01:12AM

Beleive me I'm very glad I found this forum. Many years have passed since the very short time I spent with the group. God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The courage to Change what I can. And the Wisdom to know the difference. Perhaps the cult in itself wasn't the fault of my make-up. It was an influence. All what I've read about it I can relate. After finally meeting another ex-cult member and being able to relate to him was I able to start putting the negative thoughts in proper perspective. Hopefully this thread will stay until all whose lives were blemished will have a chance to heal. Plus I'm such a sl;ow learner and quick forgetter I need it......

Posted by: privateperson ()
Date: January 26, 2012 07:05AM

Yeah, I remember Barry, he was not as much of an egomaniac as many of the old-timers, or wanna-bes like Noah who just wanted to boss girls around, a real p***y if you ask me. So many of the Christ Family followers were searching for some inspiration, and many were veteran of other cults. It is easier to be homless that it is to be a productive member of society. The scars of being in a cult as a youth are LIFELONG, even though I do not define myself that way, and have really made tremendous strides, fact is, most of my youth was spent being brainwashed. I have had some contact with a few former members, and have to say, my family...my real family, flesh and blood, has recovered much better than most others. We must be truly blessed, by the real, one and only...God, not some hippie in Hemet, or his ghost.

There were plenty of lost souls in the Christ Family, just ripe for the picking. I had no idea at the time, have had years to grow up and analyze and do research. I just shudder at the thought, if I had not escaped from that mind control...prolly would have drank myself to death like so many of the member have. Certainly does not sound like heaven on earth to me. I do love God and Jesus, but am VERY leery of any organized religion now, any church. Can handle a Methodist or Presbyterian service now and again, but cannot bring myself to join their clans either. Bottom line, the cult called the Christ Family destroyed most of my trust in mankind.

Posted by: Discerner ()
Date: February 10, 2012 06:49AM

Now that Charles McHugh, alias Amen, is dead (and standing before the real Jesus for judgment), I wonder if the Christ Family is still operating? And if so, who is leading it now? I see they have some stuff on Youtube.

For those that believe McHugh has destroyed their lives - don't let him have that power. He's dead and rotting in the grave, but you live on. May God grant peace to all those who were touched by the evil of McHugh, and may they come to know the deliverance available to them in the True Jesus Christ. Amen!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2012 06:52AM by Discerner.

Current Page: 18 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.