Current Page: 2 of 5
ANIMAL SPIRIT "CONNECTION"
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: September 09, 2007 02:27AM

pauliztarza
Can you please tell me the line in God's writing where he says he gave an animal a soul ?

richardmgreen
A long time ago, I was talking to one of my aunt's about my dog, Zeus who was my family's German Shepherd and his hatred of that relative channeled through me. I believe that all sentient beings have souls and that everything that exists has divine intelligence and energy attached to it. Although Zeus passed on in '78, he lives through me.
If you are talking about the Bible, the Koran or the New Testament, exclusively I don't think there's anything in those writings about animals having souls, but I think they do and that's my right.
In Hinduism from what I've been told by Hindus I've dialogued with, they believe that a soul gains karma with each incarnation and that a particular being may start off as a mosquito for example and through multiple incarnations may graduate to being a human being.
Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach was versed in extrabiblical works like The Zohar (The Book of Splendor) and he believed that animals have souls. He used to say that dogs don't have souls because they give their souls to their master.
Furthermore, there are scriptual verses that point out that animals have a type of soul called the nephesh. I would have to research what that means exactly but non-human sentient life forms have a type of intelligence.
In my family, we adopted 3 dogs: Duchess, Zeus and Princess. Each of these wonderful animals had distinct personalities and I believe that they have exsitence even after their passing on from this world.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pauliztarza ()
Date: September 09, 2007 03:43AM

I understand your emphatic attitude towards animals. But, nay, they were not created in the image of God.

Hindu believe in travel of the soul and such belief is founded in Bhagavad-Gita and their tradion.

Can you sometimes look at the

www.jesus-is-lord.com or www.spres.net

and consider other authorities ?

Thanks for replying

richardmgreen
pauliztarza
Can you please tell me the line in God's writing where he says he gave an animal a soul ?

richardmgreen
A long time ago, I was talking to one of my aunt's about my dog, Zeus who was my family's German Shepherd and his hatred of that relative channeled through me. I believe that all sentient beings have souls and that everything that exists has divine intelligence and energy attached to it. Although Zeus passed on in '78, he lives through me.
If you are talking about the Bible, the Koran or the New Testament, exclusively I don't think there's anything in those writings about animals having souls, but I think they do and that's my right.
In Hinduism from what I've been told by Hindus I've dialogued with, they believe that a soul gains karma with each incarnation and that a particular being may start off as a mosquito for example and through multiple incarnations may graduate to being a human being.
Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach was versed in extrabiblical works like The Zohar (The Book of Splendor) and he believed that animals have souls. He used to say that dogs don't have souls because they give their souls to their master.
Furthermore, there are scriptual verses that point out that animals have a type of soul called the nephesh. I would have to research what that means exactly but non-human sentient life forms have a type of intelligence.
In my family, we adopted 3 dogs: Duchess, Zeus and Princess. Each of these wonderful animals had distinct personalities and I believe that they have exsitence even after their passing on from this world.

Date: September 09, 2007 04:04AM

pauliztarza
I understand your emphatic attitude towards animals. But, nay, they were not created in the image of God.

Hindu believe in travel of the soul and such belief is founded in Bhagavad-Gita and their tradion.

Thanks for replying

It seems based on what you wrote that you are a Christian attempting to push a Christian viewpoint. It is actually against the policy of this board for people to preach a religious viewpoint and to try to convert people to that type of position. Essentially, this is an anti-cult site and we are here to monitor dangerous and cultic groups.
Rick Ross has jumped into people's trying push a particular religion many times and I'm sure that he will tell you the same thing. I have been associated with this Rick A. Ross Institute for quite a few years.
Simply put, you are entitled to your beliefs but you can't try to enforce Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism etc. here. I offered up and experience I had and I'm actually at a loss as per how to explain it. That's why I posted what happened here.

Date: September 09, 2007 04:13AM

The first Shlomo Carlebach Songbook had that quote in it. You might want to gain some knowledge that his synagogue has on it. They could give you a Jewish perspective at least. (info@carlebachshul.com or .org - I forgot which ending).
Judaism makes extensive use of extrabiblical texts (like the Talmud and the Midrash as well as the Zohar, Bahir, Sefer Yitzirah) and commentaries to flesh out the Torah or Bible. The Bible tends to be terse on many issues. By the way, I'm involved in a Christian church myself but I knew Rabbi Carlebach for about 20 years and I used to play guitar with him and sing with him in concert in Israel many years ago.

Date: September 09, 2007 04:19AM

Do you believe in reincarnation yourself ?

richardmgreen
pauliztarza

Thanks for replying

It seems based on what you wrote that you are a Christian attempting to push a Christian viewpoint. It is actually against the policy of this board for people to preach a religious viewpoint and to try to convert people to that type of position. Essentially, this is an anti-cult site and we are here to monitor dangerous and cultic groups.
Rick Ross has jumped into people's trying push a particular religion many times and I'm sure that he will tell you the same thing. I have been associated with this Rick A. Ross Institute for quite a few years.
Simply put, you are entitled to your beliefs but you can't try to enforce Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism etc. here. I offered up and experience I had and I'm actually at a loss as per how to explain it. That's why I posted what happened here.

Date: September 09, 2007 04:19AM

pauliztarza
It seems to me that "Creation in the image of God" is a matter of degree and is not absolute. All of the animals have a type of intelligence that is germane to their needs for survival. I can tell you many wonderful stories about Duchess, Zeus, Princess, and my friend Amie's cat Buddy.
After my family's last dog, Princess, was put to sleep on Sept. 9 of '98, she was cremated and for awhile before her box was buried her last remains were put in my parent's breakfront in the dining area. All of a sudden all of us (my Mom, Dad and myself) could feel her presence. I take it that she was still around. That's my belief and I have a right to it even if you can't find backing for it in Christianity.
Even among human beings, some people are smarter and more spiritual than others. I don't rank a murderer as up to the standards of a clergyman or professor in a university. Clearly both are not living or created equally in the image of God.

Date: September 09, 2007 04:21AM

Well, nay. If this site finds it offensive, I am leaving.

richardmgreen
pauliztarza

Thanks for replying

Date: September 09, 2007 04:25AM

Christianity is term for religion. Totally opposite to being disciple of Jesus. Please, do not put unsaid words in my mouth. I never mentioned the word "Christianity". It is also insulting for believers in Christ because it implies He led some kind of religious movement, which He did not. How can God Himself lead the religious movement ?

richardmgreen
pauliztarza
It seems to me that "Creation in the image of God" is a matter of degree and is not absolute. All of the animals have a type of intelligence that is germane to their needs for survival. I can tell you many wonderful stories about Duchess, Zeus, Princess, and my friend Amie's cat Buddy.
After my family's last dog, Princess, was put to sleep on Sept. 9 of '98, she was cremated and for awhile before her box was buried her last remains were put in my parent's breakfront in the dining area. All of a sudden all of us (my Mom, Dad and myself) could feel her presence. I take it that she was still around. That's my belief and I have a right to it even if you can't find backing for it in Christianity.
Even among human beings, some people are smarter and more spiritual than others. I don't rank a murderer as up to the standards of a clergyman or professor in a university. Clearly both are not living or created equally in the image of God.

Date: September 09, 2007 04:29AM

pauliztarza
Do you believe in reincarnation yourself ?
I believe that the soul get reabsorbed (subsumed) back into the Godhead after a person's passing. Even Christianity asserts that people will be resurrected on the last day, or Judgement Day or whatever.
Years ago, I wrote a paper for the course in Art Appreciation I had to take while at Long Island University and it was based on a sculpture done by Mark Desuvero called "Atman" which is Hindi for "soul." It came out that the soul consists of aggregates (see On the Essence of Chasidus by Rabbi MM Schneerson of Chabad for a Jewish treatment of this topic and Etz Chaim by Rabbi Chaim Vital) and that the soul goes on a journey.
You might want to also try Major Trends in Jewish Mysticism by Gershom Shoelem. He talks about what is called in Hebrew Gilgul Haneshama or reincarnation of the soul. And Chasidim in general believe in it.

Date: September 09, 2007 04:34AM

"pauliztarza"
Christianity is term for religion. Totally opposite to being disciple of Jesus. Please, do not put unsaid words in my mouth. I never mentioned the word "Christianity". It is also insulting for believers in Christ because it implies He led some kind of religious movement, which He did not. How can God Himself lead the religious movement ?
quote]
The bottom line is that you told people to look at a site called Jesus is Lord and other "authorities." As such you were promoting a particular belief system as authoritative to the exclusion of anything else. As of my studies of Christianity, Christianity was called The Way in Jesus' day.

Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.