Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: quotesman ()
Date: October 01, 2007 11:17AM

Dassi
hoax108

Here's an example from Christianity but it works for any bona fide path:
Here are the fruits of the spirit that can be obtained through faith and trust in God and overcoming temptation (sin): love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

See how you measure up to these virtues and ask yourself if following FL is going to help your spiritual life bear fruit. For God meant our spiritual lives to bear abundant fruit.
Beautiful hoaxster.

Hey, quotesman,
didn't you put up the qualities of a devotee here a long time ago?
time for a repeat.

Qualities of a Pure Devotee according to the Caitanya Caritamrta:
These are the prominent qualities of a pure devotee:

* merciful
* not defiant
* truthful
* equal to everyone
* faultless
* magnanimous
* clean
* aware that everything belongs to Krishna
* a performer of welfare work for everyone
* peaceful
* surrendered to his guru and Krishna
* desireless
* indifferent to material acquisitions
* fixed in Krishna consciousness
* completely in control of bad qualities
* moderate in eating
* not obsessed with material things
* respectful
* without false prestige
* grave
* compassionate
* a friend to all
* poetic
* expert
* silent (speaks only about spiritual topics)( Not about politics or homosex)

ok I admit it, I the quotesman, added those last two things about politics and homosex. :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: October 01, 2007 12:57PM

I wonder if terrenaut can tell us the part y line concerning Sudama and Katyayani?

Does FL and his followers still rave about Madonna wearing tilok? What about Xena, is that still gossiped about? Are these two celebrities still demonized?

I would also like to know why they have stopped their public attacks on people like Madonna and Xena. . For awhile they were trying to be the spokes persons for the whole Vaishnava world. But lately we have not heard anything from them. Is that because of their involvement with Ninjai?

What is the party line concerning no official websites for FL? The only thing that seems to be available online is just a reaction to Cara's assault on FL and his followers.

Those websites are really just all about FL. They remind me of websites for the impersonalist gurus. FL says this FL says that, bla bla bla. WHere is the philosophy?

What is the reasoning for not being open on the internet? It seems to be a bad move and only raises suspicion about what is going on in the cult.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: October 01, 2007 08:26PM

Dassi

I used to like the unplugged kirtans
(As a woman- 10 times more enjoyment.
It pays to be “10 times more lusty” -- HA HA!) :lol:
And some of the devotee recordings too
Devavani YOU were GREAT!
Loved the la, la, la!
Even the first ISKCON album was cool!
Even Chris’s album was sweet.

What happened to the creative times FL!?
They died.

I still listen to all kinds of world spiritual music---

Me too... How about Perry Como singing "Holy God We Praise Thy Name" :!: (The Christian version of "Haribol" and very mellow music)

Yes, I have this on tape and sometimes listen to this in the car... as well as my old chanting tapes, including "Crow Among the Swans"...
:wink:

:arrow: Regarding the woman who said she had "danced her legs raw" or something to that effect:

Yes, we danced for many hours until we got sore legs. (As a side point, now that I am older I cannot dance for more than a couple of minutes without getting sore legs and need to save my energy for working and surviving!)

But the point about not getting anything out of the chanting process raises another question:

[b:a2882b379e]WHAT ABOUT THE HIGHER TASTE?[/b:a2882b379e]

I'm pretty sure that even the Fearless Leader himself (as well as ACB) would talk about getting a "higher taste" as a result of engaging in the chanting and the deity worship, etc... Many of us believed that there would be some spiritual benefits from spending so many hours chanting.

But Sid even had to take this away from us!

:?: Which raises another question -- the divorce rate among the cult members.

From my own observations of the married couples in Hawaii in the 1970s and 1980s, it seems that over 90% of them are separated or divorced (or whatever terminology you want to use)... (Of course I have no statistics from Australia or Philippines, Poland, etc)

The only ones that I know of who were NOT divorced are:

Sid himself (No, I do not think Sid was married in the early days in ISKCON as cultreporter had suggested?)

The political family (Good show, Mike! Keep it up!)

Ph and K (?) - (they were always so compatible!)

Even one of the so-called sannyasis who broke their vow and then got remarried, ended up in separation / divorce, apparently!

Seems like people who were experiencing the "higher taste" would not have problems like this in their lives (sour marriages)?

comments?

:?:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: Akhenaten ()
Date: October 01, 2007 08:40PM

His total obsession with homosexuality makes me truly wonder if he is "attached to the opposite sex, period."

Well, one could be forgiven for supposing that the Queen Bee was actually a King Bee: a voice that Sylvester Stallone would be proud of.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: October 01, 2007 08:44PM

FL was never married before the queen bee. The question is why would sannyasis who were so advanced want to get married in the first place? I bet FL himself told them to marry. It is not at all proper for a householder guru to have sannyasi disciples. That could be very awkward especially in holy places where every one offers respects to the sannyasis before the householder and puts the monks on higher seats at festivals and gatherings. I don’t think FL could have tolerated that. Can you imagine? Oh that’s right they never go to the Holy Dhams like Vrindavan Dham or Mayapur Dham. Still it would be a hard lump to swallow for FL to have disciples who were socially higher in rank.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: October 01, 2007 08:49PM

concerning the higher taste, one must chant the holy name purely without desire for name, fame, money or women...and the pure name cannot be given by one who has affinity for such things...so as far as a higher taste in that group, I don't think it is possible..which is the reason for the high divorce rate, sannayasis getting married, the guru engaged in politics and making cartoons, these are not the activities of one who has a higher taste, sorry.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: Dassi ()
Date: October 01, 2007 11:12PM

Atheist, you bring up a very plausible theory.
I know repressed sexuality and hormonal imbalances
Can bring on a variety of weirdnesses.

I concur with Googs and quotesman- FL was not married before Yoko-Lana.

IMO, I don’t make such a big issue as the Krishna bros regarding FL getting married. It’s been said before on this forum.
I think it was unreasonable for ACB to make 20 year-olds commit to a life of celibacy at such a young age.
Especially young western men with a history of drug use.
He should not have encouraged this and if any one of the sannyasis fell down, it should be forgiven (unless it was abusive exploitation of children or rape).
There are greater issues in FL’s cult than him getting a consort, including calculated frauds and deceptions.

I don’t think FL had to pressure Tusta and Sudama much to marry.
They would do anything FL said and were lonely guys.
But for sure he had to calculate a way to make them “fall” for his own benefit.
Thanks quotesman for the Vaishnava take on the heirarchy system.
That’s worse than FL’s marriage.
Thanks quotesman for the real dope on Nityananda getting married.
We were lied to on that one – but it is a moot point for me now.

No doubt there are people who can breathe the rarified air
and use celibacy to keep them in the spirit,
but for most of us earthly beings, this aspect of the cult was the reason for so many divorces and hurt children.
I can’t agree with the puritanical views of sex and women or the Indo-centric world view, although I appreciate that it is fine for some.
Actually a whole civilization!

Here comes another IMO!
I think that God exists,
That there are Universal Laws,
but religions are mostly made by man-
not all good and not all bad.
Probably keeps most of humanity from killing and pillaging
More than it already does!
As far as what came first, the chicken or the egg?
or what religion claims to be the UBER religion
or what religion is derivative,
is not really important to me.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: October 01, 2007 11:47PM

“I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."
- Voltaire.

"I do not agree with what you have to say, and I'll cut your tongue out if you say it."
- Sid.

:lol: :lol:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: Akhenaten ()
Date: October 02, 2007 12:22AM

Queen of Hearts: Who's been painting my roses red? WHO'S BEEN PAINTING MY ROSES RED? /Who dares to taint / With vulgar paint / The royal flower bed? / For painting my roses red / Someone will lose his head.
Card Painter: Oh please, your majesty, please! It's all his fault!
Card Painter: Not me, your grace! The ace, the ace!
Queen of Hearts: You?
Card Painter: No, two!
Queen of Hearts: The two, you say?
Card Painter: Not me! The three!
Queen of Hearts: That's enough! Off with their heads!

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: Dassi ()
Date: October 02, 2007 05:56AM

Akhenaten
Queen of Hearts: Who's been painting my roses red? WHO'S BEEN PAINTING MY ROSES RED? /Who dares to taint / With vulgar paint / The royal flower bed? / For painting my roses red / Someone will lose his head.
Card Painter: Oh please, your majesty, please! It's all his fault!
Card Painter: Not me, your grace! The ace, the ace!
Queen of Hearts: You?
Card Painter: No, two!
Queen of Hearts: The two, you say?
Card Painter: Not me! The three!
Queen of Hearts: That's enough! Off with their heads!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life working for the man!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.