Disciples eating Chris Butler's toenails??
Posted by: martid ()
Date: May 14, 2007 01:17PM

Where did this thing about disciples eating Chris Butler's toenails come from :?: :?:

umm, I have a hard time believing this ...

From my experience the group people I have met are quite clean and civilized people and they promote being clean & stuff.

Why would they eat this toenails anyway & why would he allow his toenails to be eaten?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 14, 2007 08:14PM

Martid:

See [board.culteducation.com]

There are more than a hundred pages about Butler and his followers on this thread within the message board.

Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: May 15, 2007 04:42AM

martid
Where did this thing about disciples eating Chris Butler's toenails come from :?: :?:

umm, I have a hard time believing this ...

From my experience the group people I have met are quite clean and civilized people and they promote being clean & stuff.

Why would they eat this toenails anyway & why would he allow his toenails to be eaten?

Because he is considered to be the holiest man on earth!
and eating HIS toenails would supposedly make a person
pure :!:

Go figure.

What I find interesting about this scenario
is that the followers of AC Bhaktivedanta
did not engage in this activity
and he was considered to be the
representative of God in the same way
nor any of the other previous Vaisnava acharyas
there is no mention of toenail eating
anywhere in their scriptures as well

:x

Posted by: martid ()
Date: May 15, 2007 05:21AM

Sorry, I'd hit "new post" instead of "reply"
Posted it in the proper forum now

Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: May 15, 2007 05:32AM

Chris Butler was initially a disciple of Sivananda ashram which in simple terms could be referred to as left tantra while Krishna Consciousness as propogated by AC Bhaktivedanta Swami is referred to as right tantra. In simple terms he is of a mystic, impersonalist background, same as I. Since I was initiated when I was 17 by a disciple of Sivananda myself and lived in a commune then I know a little something about it, although no we never did anything like eating toenails.

In the mystic sense (in a vedic sense it is not a bad or atheist thing, there are mystics in the vedas and Lord Caitanya is often referred to as a mystic) everything revolves around energy, prana and one seeks to purify themselves and to utilise this energy towards attaining enlightenment. Witchcraft, psychic powers, ghosts and other supernatural forces - metaphysics - are integral.

In the vedas the feet are considered the dirtiest part of the body, hence the reason that shoes are not worn inside and dead skin cells such as toenails are considered to attract ghosts. If one follows the vedic calendar then they will abide by rules not to cut their hair and nails on certain days. To have someone actually eat your toenails is obviously to be up to dark motives. The beliefs exist that it is possible to curse others and to draw energy from them. I have met people who are dedicated devotees of other gurus who believe that Chris Butler has formidable evil powers. Obviously I dont believe this and anyone should really be encouraged to confront him if they feel the need because I am pretty sure he would strike me down if this was the case. :P

Whether one can believe this or not this is the religion as it stands and Chris Butler would be well aware of this. There is no way that feeding your followers toenails could be considered by anyone lernid in the Vedas to be a good thing, and one must also reason that CB keeps his affiliations with Sivananda Ashram and this philosophy a secret, although there are hints in his tendencies towards Chinese sciences such as Qi Jung (bone breathing) acupunture and herbs, abandoning (what devotees at least accept to be) the pure science of the Vedas, his constant disobedience and contradiction towards ACB and the many lies and hypocrisies.

Despite appearances Chris Butler does not represent Krishna Consciousness.

I am not sure what your level of involvement with SoI was or where in the world but the devotees that I knew were always paranoid and afraid and grovelling towards Chris Butler. I have never seen any reason to doubt that they would not be willing to die for him, infact I feared that this would be the case with the fuss over his bird flu prediction. My best friend who I dearly loved refused to answer me when I asked him if he would kill his son if Chris Butler told him to. He sent a man to attack and threaten and attempt to rape me in retaliation for speaking about the cult. They seemed like really great people when I met them too, but I have seen more than a new person generally ever would due to my circustances when I was there and because I came in knowing that it was a religious thing and believing in Krishna Consciosness. Compared to what goes on eating toenails is absoutely nothing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.