Current Page: 4 of 5
Ananda Health Resort is Breatharian Cult
Posted by: Bullo ()
Date: September 07, 2007 01:58PM

Does anybody know the whereabouts of Maha Devi and her membership? On Niue?

I have recently learned the group has left their mark on a number of failed investments through the world. Carl Jensen ( the high roller behind the bail-out at matavia resort ) is quickly earning a reputation of insolvency while hiding behind a small number of shielding characters around the globe.

Has anyone any information about this man or Kerry Margolis? Do you know anyone whom has personally lost money through investments made in Hong Kong?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ghost28 ()
Date: September 29, 2007 04:24AM

The remains of the group it would seem are still on Niue.
The government is looking to deport them but the flights to Auckland are booked out till the 19th October.
It seems there are still substantial debts owed to various businesses,car rental,accomodation etc.
As if life isn't hard enough for businesses on Niue.
Shame on you Gabrielle.
Ghost 28

Date: October 08, 2007 11:29AM

Mahi Ascension Movement leaves Niue
Posted at 20:46 on 05 October, 2007 UTC

The two families of the Mahi Ascension Movement who ran up debts of more

than $US300,000 during a year on Niue have left the island in a chartered

737 jet.

The group which aimed to set up a health resort settled all their debts

and paid the private jet fuel bill and landing fees before departing.

They caused considerable concern among the business community after chalking up massive debts for the weekly air freight of organic food from New Zealand, a

large bus, six cars and rental accommodation.

Most people on the island never got a glimpse of the Maha Devi group who

remained inside their air conditioned rooms at the Matavai Resort for 12

months.

Ghost 28

Re: Ananda Health Resort is Breatharian Cult
Date: October 17, 2007 02:45PM

So it continues for Maha Devi

Members of a cult which ran up substantial debts in Niue have been flown to Sydney, after the government ordered them to leave.

Two families from the Mahi Devi Ascension movement ran up debts of $US300,000 at the Matavai resort.

They were flown off the island in a chartered jet aircraft which itself is subject to a dispute between the Brisbane based company, SkyAirWorld, and Solomon Airlines.

SkyAirWorld withdrew its jet from Solomon Airlines two months ago, saying the Solomons government had fallen behind in lease payments.

The Mahi members settled all their debts and paid the private jet fuel bill and landing fees before departing

Posted by: Myownwill ()
Date: November 12, 2007 02:15AM

How odd! I am from Manchester NH, I recall this group setting up a storefront for meditation and yoga practices which called themselves the Ananda Ascension Center or something very similar. They remodeled an old office space in a delapitated portion of downtown, seemed to not be much, although they offered "classes" and their window fronts were always cloaked in curtains. This was about two years ago.

Then suddenly, they disappeared, in the last year I've noticed their storefront empty.

I guess if I had the time I could research more about what they did or tried to do while here, but as it is, I shouldn't even be spending this time on this forum now :).

Posted by: sane ()
Date: February 28, 2008 12:31AM

Hello all,
I know this is a old topic but I felt that I should post what I know. In 2003 I joined a group that was run by a lady named "Gabrielle Hathor". She was getting people to join her "School" to learn about meditation and fallow her guidance. She clammed that she could "channel" enlightened beings from all over the universe. You are probably wondering way someone would join a group like this, well I was kind of one of the types of kids that liked to try strange things and this was definitely a strange thing.

At the time that I joined the group it was based in the Mill Valley, California area. During my time with the group I meet a kid that new "Gabrielle Hathor" before she became a "Cult Leader" he claimed that she was dirt poor and I confirmed this with her two kids who I had become friends with by the time I left the group. Part of the strangeness of Gabrielle was how she got all her money, I mean lots and lots of money. During my time with them if I needed anything she would buy it. She got the friend I meet there a car at one point.

After being with them for about five months we, the main group, not including Gabriell her boy friend and her closest adviser they stayed in Mill Valley we moved to Willits, California. After stying with them for about six months I decided it was time for me to go and I left. I kept in contact with some of the members for a time after. From the contacts I found out that they moved around the world, Hawaii Germany, and Australia. After Australia I lost contact with them and don't know where they have gone from there.

Posted by: chocco ()
Date: August 20, 2008 09:01PM

Someone told me of a Carl Jensen running an investment in Hong Kong but targeted at certain people - abundance or change the world - it is strange? Is this person really connected with a cult?

Posted by: sane ()
Date: August 25, 2008 01:51PM

@chocco

If it is the same Carl Jensen that was involved in this cult, the Maha Devi Ascension Movement then I would say diffentily, yes.

Posted by: wmayers ()
Date: January 18, 2010 04:17AM

It was always a matter of speculation among us Movement members of how our stipends and lavish accommodations were funded. Gabrielle had no problem buying everything she wanted, and would show up with truckloads of new gadgets.
The post below finally sheds some light on that, and I apologize to every investor for having lived so well for the time I was a member of the Maha Devi Ascension Movement. I never knew we were freely spending someone else's hopes, dreams...investment capital;

Cult was financed by unwitting investors;
curious123
Date Added: 01/27/2009
I gave Carl Jensen over $50K in 2003, along with about 300 other "investors" in an

"Abundance Ray." I estimate he received about $3 million. He promised a return of fifty

fold. He said his guru, a female from Germany, had told him to use his financial trading

knowledge to raise lots of money to re-distribute to spiritually minded people so they

could do good works in the world. Then he could retire and enjoy the fruits of such good

karma. He said he expected to ascend bodily to heaven. I lived in the Bay Area at the time

and knew a half dozen other investors, who were recruited by Mark Comings. Mark

answers people questions and reassures them everything is progressing well, but with

many snags along the way. The principal plus the 50X return will be distributed to

everyone at one time, and it always seems to be coming "any day now", or "first thing next

week", for the last five years. Mark and Carl are in Hong Kong, as far as I know. As far as I

know, only a few people have gotten any money back, and it may be hush money. My last

wire transfer went to Standard Chartered Bank of Hong Kong. Since I have discovered this

forum, I'm wondering if Carl has given our money to Maha Devi, who seems looney tunes

and dangerous with her breatharian BS. (For more info, Google: 60 Minutes Australia

Maha Devi).

I now believe this is a big fraud, and kick myself for being so foolish. I'd appreciate any

news from other investors.

Posted by: wmayers ()
Date: January 18, 2010 10:13AM

Maha Devi Ascension Movement Friends/ Where are they now?

1st or nicknames only;

Francesco's Web Page; [www.facebook.com]

================================================================

Mahendra;
Fri April 24th 2009 7 pm Yoga Society of San Francisco short pranayama, meditation, talk and Raw Spirit Potluck Celebration!
Hosted by Mahendra 415.503.7802 then "Rainbow Body Awakening" event in San Francisco
======================================================================

Jens' Web Page; [www.evolver.net]

Excerpt; "I am a singer/songwriter and percussionist. I love to write and play music that embraces the fullness of life. I am a father of 2 children 6 and 9 and married to a woman from the great land of Argentina. I enjoy growing food and am interested in permaculture, meditation/spirituality, community and celebration."
Skills and talents; I have worked with the preparation of raw foods. I spent 3 years at Naropa university studying music as a mode of transformation and the healing elements of sound. Gardening and homeimprovement/handyman. Singer/songwriter, percussionist. People oriented.
College; Naropa university Work; Self Employed

====================================================================

Moonstar's Web Page; [www.pleiades-rising.org]

Excerpt; "Hello everyone, my name is PLEIADES MOONSTAR AND IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOR THE BETTER THEN YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE. what would you do?What would you do if you could do anything, and you knew your success would be guaranteed?What would you do if you could choose to do anything and you knew that you could not fail?What would it be?Would it be what you’re doing right now or would it be something entirely different?"

Internet Chatter;
A mention by name in Woody Allens' book, "Mere Anarchy".
Forum posting; "I met Pleiades Moonstar online...He's a dreamer. He was also quite romantic and poetic...and had worked internet dating to death, looking for his ideal woman...(women who would also be able to support him, I suspect)."
Multiple personals ads.
Self-described in a posting as a "27th Century Interdimensional Traveler."

=============================================================

John's Web Page; [www.johneraines.com]

Transcendental Meditation
Maharishi Ayurveda Products International (MAPI)
John is an insurance professional who provides the protection of life, health, and annuities, to a clientele of high-net-worth individuals, successful professionals, business owners and retirees.
(Fairfield, Iowa)
==========================================================

Jazmine; No web page.
Lives with her husband and teaches Ayurvedic massage in Berkeley, California

Internet Chatter;
"We've decided never to have children - our dog, "Pitta", is our baby. David and I are happy with this decision, and apply whatever energies a child might have demanded outward into the community and worthwhile causes."
Outdated ad for a defunct massage business in the bay area.

============================================================
A member I didn't know;

Ozone's web page; [webdesign.ozonedesigns.org]
Excerpt; "I Anthony O’Leary, A Disciple of Maha Devi ascension movement, agree that the following facts are true and correct, I Am wiling to stipulate that Fort Benning, Georgia, is a military reservation within the alleged special maritime and territorial jurisdiction of the United States, on land acquired for the use of the United States and under its alleged exclusive jurisdiction, known as the Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation, formerly known as the School of the Americas.
As so entrusted by and through public and private means as current coercion of the voting majority to facilitate vague, undisclosed specific political interests.As claimed by the defendant, I deliberately and intentionally chose to venture into the surrounding wilderness in several forms of silent prayer to atone for the sins committed by this land by creating a physical connection to remove such harsh Karma in seclusion."

===============================================================

The children, Diana and Marc, are pursuing higher educations and are doing well, Marcus still very musically creative. From what I understand, their mother was on public aid before she called herself "Maha Devi Hathor" and started the Maha Devi Ascension Movement. I wonder if she is still indirectly supported by investor's funds.

I have Ben and Susan's phone number if anyone would like to call them.

I can't say that I regret my experience with the MDAM, I met so many wonderful and interesting people while working with the Eternal Spring School , and I met my current wife during that time.

Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.