Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
'evil Satanic cult'?
Posted by: kath ()
Date: November 13, 2006 11:15PM

I like to think I am very supportive of other survivors and validate them. However several months ago I met this girl online who claimed to have been victimised, drugged and abused by a global satanic network from the age of 3.

Nothing like her organisation is discussed on any cult forums or in databases. It sounds like the type of high-level (her phrase) worldwide Satanic conspiracy which has been proven not to exist and the type of ritual abuse that has been proven not to have happened on a large scale.

It's also dubious in that she was not guarded about discussing it, she mentioned it within a few times of chatting to me on msn, even though she had to 'change her name to escape.'

What do you all think? :D And have you any suggestions of how I should help/interact with this person?
Love
Kath

Options: ReplyQuote
'evil Satanic cult'?
Date: November 14, 2006 04:07AM

Do you know of the book "trance formation of america" and the woman named Cathy O'brien?

You can find much of her talking on youtube and google video.

Her story is about as unbelievable as it gets, yet should we not be a little wary of dismissing all these things?

They are fantastic stories, and they are involving very 'High Level' circles and people.

I just think we should be very, very sure that these are all completely bogus before we dismiss all of them.

First off, I am aware that some of the people I am about to mention may be considered the "conspiracy" lot, but I hope each individual is judged on the integrity of their work and their track record, not just some arbitrary categorization.

researchers into such organisations as the Bilderberg group and into people considered to be "elite" in global power structures do run into these themes very consistently.

The researcher Alex Jones has run into the fact that these 'Elites' are very frequently involved with "Satanism", he often talks about how completely impossible it was to believe and understand, and only through it CONSTANTLY recurring that he had to accept it. Years of denial, he admits.

The author Jim Marrs echoes this, as well as an investigative journalist named Daniel Estulin who has been investigating the Bilderberg Group for about 13 years.

Again, I do not claim to know the truth about this, I am just suspicious of dismissing the whole phenomenon for 2 reasons...

#1 IF it is even remotely true, the victims are real and need help.

#2 It would just be far too easy to discredit it as a whole because absolutely nobody will believe it, and if it IS going on and it DOES involve these high level types, I am sure that they would want to create "false" cases of this, expose them as false, and most will be more than happy to dismiss the whole idea.

If you or anyone else have some resources that disprove these things, please share them with me.

From my experience, evidence of these things comes forward from many, many different sources, some should perhaps be considered credible, or at least warrant retaining an open mind and an open ear.

warning, this video shows graphic visual evidence of what was done to Cathy's body... I had not seen this before.

[video.google.com]

'evil Satanic cult'?
Posted by: Joe K ()
Date: November 14, 2006 04:31AM

Personally, I would find out if these memories were always there or had been "recovered" somehow [skepdic.com] . If they were "recovered" then this is a very tricky thing. One would have to know what techniques were used to recover them, and (for example) whether any therapist who assisted in the recovery believed in Satanic cults and may have (perhaps even unconsiously) imparted this belief to the patient, possibly resulting in confabulation. A confabulated memory can be just as "real" as a real memory.

'evil Satanic cult'?
Date: November 14, 2006 05:08AM

Does Rick Ross or any other respected institution have anything to say on the model of the trauma induced memory split?

It makes sense as I was in a car accident as a child and the intense pain and/or shock of the situation, to this day, prevents me from recalling anything before I was laying on the side of the road AFTER it happened, waiting for the ambulance.

The fractioning of the memory is said to be through traumatic experience.
In the context of Cathy O'brien and others like her, it is alledged that the ones doing this are "government" connected, and thus the technique has been advanced and perfected through much practice.

I also imagine that if someone who were a victim of this type of abuse was somehow no longer subject to it, it would start to unravel on it's own, at least partially.

'evil Satanic cult'?
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: November 14, 2006 05:29AM

Well, first off its impossible to verfify what she is saying. It could be many different things. She could have been abused, and then the memories get distorted.
It could be "false memories". (of course many abusers try to hide behind claiming their victims have "false memories" but there are a few cases in which false memories are created). But in almost all cases of standard abuse, the memories are real. (the folks who created the False Memory diagnosis were possible abusers themselves! We need a thread on that one, its very complex).

She could have serious mental illness. She could be seeking attention.

The only thing you can do is refer her to a psychiatrist in her area.
Find out where she is, and if you really want to help her, get a list of people she can call for help.
But I can guarantee she won't go, as the shrinks are all in on the conspiracy, of course.

'evil Satanic cult'?
Date: November 14, 2006 05:37AM

Joe K
Personally, I would find out if these memories were always there or had been "recovered" somehow [skepdic.com] . If they were "recovered" then this is a very tricky thing. One would have to know what techniques were used to recover them, and (for example) whether any therapist who assisted in the recovery believed in Satanic cults and may have (perhaps even unconsiously) imparted this belief to the patient, possibly resulting in confabulation. A confabulated memory can be just as "real" as a real memory.

In the context of 'Satanic Ritual Abuse' that the above mentioned researchers speak of, that Cathy O'Brien was supposedly a victim of, and the woman with whom kath was corresponding, as far as I know, they are all "Disassociative Identity Disorder" or "multiples".
Meaning they have had their memory and personality "split" through trauma and at least while it is going on, they are not conscious of the traumatic memories.

I would suggest that the cases that are like this would mostly all involve the following... (I am not saying these are true)

Need to "recover" the memories

The alledged 'Satanic cult' or offending party would likely be of a very secret and powerfull nature, possibly not reflecting at all the practices of known satanic groups and traditions that involve regular people.

Involve the most outlandish and grotesque detail, like this from the SKEPDIC page linked above, namely "She enters RMT and within a few months she recalls vividly how her father, mother, grandfather, grandmother, priest, etc., not only sexually abused her but engaged in horrific satanic rituals involving human sacrifices and cannibalism."

If these cases display all these characteristics, I do not think that neccessarily means they are bogus. There may be good reason to really keep checking into all these aspects of it.

'evil Satanic cult'?
Date: November 14, 2006 05:49AM

The Anticult
Well, first off its impossible to verfify what she is saying. It could be many different things. She could have been abused, and then the memories get distorted.
It could be "false memories". (of course many abusers try to hide behind claiming their victims have "false memories" but there are a few cases in which false memories are created). But in almost all cases of standard abuse, the memories are real. (the folks who created the False Memory diagnosis were possible abusers themselves! We need a thread on that one, its very complex).

She could have serious mental illness. She could be seeking attention.

The only thing you can do is refer her to a psychiatrist in her area.
Find out where she is, and if you really want to help her, get a list of people she can call for help.
But I can guarantee she won't go, as the shrinks are all in on the conspiracy, of course.

Maybee she has already gone to such people.

maybee she has fully discussed all of it in great detail, maybee her story is difficult to believe, yet she appears to be stable.

Perhaps it really happened as she said, or she thinks it did, and she feels the best thing to do is to get her story out into the open.

Does she just continue to "need help" and be undermined untill the day she gives up and shuts her mouth?

How is it a danger to us to just listen to what someone is saying?

Do people just fall into the "needs help" category whenever we just cannot believe what they are saying?

It must at least be obvious that if this stuff WERE true, and one WAS a victim of it, one would know for sure that their experiences would be met with nothing but disbelief and ridicule.
So if these people are on the level, they are fighting an ENORMOUS uphill battle.

'evil Satanic cult'?
Posted by: tanaats ()
Date: November 14, 2006 06:00AM

The Anticult
(the folks who created the False Memory diagnosis were possible abusers themselves! We need a thread on that one, its very complex).

Maybe, but personally I doubt it.

FWIW here's perhaps the earliest researcher on the subect: [faculty.washington.edu] . She's been subject to a practically continuous stream of vilification by those who defend their recovered memories.

Her most famous experiment is described in [faculty.washington.edu] . Search for "False Childhood Memories" to read about how she was able to deliberately implant false childhood memories in test subjects.

And I tend to respect Margaret Singer, for example [www.fmsfonline.org] .

The whole site is interesting: [www.fmsfonline.org].

Yes, maybe some abusers get away because of the FMS theory, but I think that a far greater number of parents and others who are falsely accused of child abuse, because of some sort of "if you have symtom 'x' then you must have been abused" agenda of many many therapists, are vindicated.

That FMS exists should not be a surprise, especially on this forum. It strikes me as exploiting the same psychological mechanisms that make cult recruitment possible.

'evil Satanic cult'?
Date: November 14, 2006 06:03AM

Sorry, "tanaats" is me. I initially created the "tanaats" account, then decided I wanted to be "Joe K" instead. But I couldn't figure out a way to delete the "tanaats" account and sometimes I forget and log in as that.

'evil Satanic cult'?
Date: November 14, 2006 06:09AM

Rama Das (slave name)
So if these people are on the level, they are fighting an ENORMOUS uphill battle.

Unquestionably. This uphill battle would be made worse by such reports as this report (found on this site) of the FBI's investigation into such things: [www.culteducation.com] . (It's a huge reports, search for "Conclusion" if you burn out reading it.)

Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.