Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Emotional Freedom Technique - EFT, Therapists, Abraham Hicks
Posted by: truthtotell ()
Date: February 21, 2007 07:49PM

Because your wife is not satisfied so she goes to find something else.
Why dont you do something for her? Show her some love, some warmth. When she feels that, she will turn. Why else did she marry you in the first place? She must still feel something...you can ignite that fire again :wink:

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Vigilant ()
Date: February 22, 2007 12:36AM

Personal details aside, it is exactly as you say TTT. I have spent the past several months doing just that. What transpired, however, is that she was given "help" which was neither professional or helpful. This was as damaging to her as to our relationship.

As QL will attest, individuals who are in need of professional or clinical counseling will do themselves no end of harm by seeking out these "new wage" charlatans. The latest nonsense on Oprah will only fuel the legions of people who need some help into "manifesting" away their problems.

The real world is not like that. I am grateful to have avoided the suffering that intruded into QL's life and the "Wide Eyed Believers" who sometimes troll these sites need to take some serious stock of themselves and their lives. If they are happy, so be it. But I would posit that underneath that demeanor (Vaidya) is a series of very sad events which are as yet unresolved.

Posted by: MonicaP ()
Date: February 24, 2007 12:03AM

vaidya
yes there are people that have "denounced" TFT (but let's be specific - what Monica Pignotti criticized in an acdemic and scholarly way was Callahan's VT, not the entire field of energetic psychology)

Actually, I have written other publications in scholarly journals that have criticized TFT and the claims of meridian therapies in general. Here is an article that is available online:

[www.srmhp.org]

The big problem with both of these approaches is that they're making claims for fast cures with very little real evidence to support them and that even includes claims for physical conditions. The Association for TFT is even claiming to eliminate Malaria symptoms in Africa and the EFT website also has a number of claims for physical conditions when there is little evidence for psychological problems, let alone physical ones. Additionally, Callahan's organization has become very cult-like, in my opinion with their high levels of secrecy. EFT is much more open and I wouldn't consider it a cult, but I do have a problem with some of the claims being made.

Another point regarding the term "legitimate therapist" used elsewhere on this thread -- If "legitimate" means licensed, you still need to be careful. The fact that a therapist is licensed doesn't necessarily mean that they are using legitimate, well tested therapies. There is really nothing that requires them to do that. There are many licensed therapists who use TFT and EFT and with only a few exceptions (such as with one Psychologist in Arizona) the boards don't go after them unless they really start making claims in advertising that are out of line and even then, they don't always.

Monica Pignotti

Posted by: Vigilant ()
Date: February 26, 2007 03:53AM

Nicely put! I certainly appreciate your attention to claims about your comments.
Thanks!

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.