ayruvedic/chris butler
Posted by: suzi ()
Date: May 30, 2006 06:18AM

Is the strict ayruvedic diet, part of this cultish thinking in the Chris Butler group? Do they have affiliated catalogs to order certain foods?

Options: ReplyQuote
ayruvedic/chris butler
Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: June 01, 2006 11:41AM

suzi
Is the strict ayruvedic diet, part of this cultish thinking in the Chris Butler group? Do they have affiliated catalogs to order certain foods?

Hi Suzi,

yes, these people follow a strict "ayurvedic diet" - namely, no meat, fish, eggs, and they stay away from onions, garlic, mushrooms. There are no affiliated catalogs that i know off for ordering foods.

Note: most of them stay from "Indian" type dishes as they do not want to be in any way affiliated with the Internatinal Society for K. Con., so they eat mostly plain dishes of vegetables etc.

ayruvedic/chris butler
Posted by: suzi ()
Date: June 01, 2006 07:57PM

What is the reasoning behind this ayruvedic diet and how can one argue the absurdity of it? It looks like a low/no calorie diet to me.

ayruvedic/chris butler
Posted by: peppermint ()
Date: July 06, 2006 09:35PM

I don't know about Chris Butler, but there is no universal 'ayurvedic diet'. It depends on ones 'doshas', ie on one's body type, personality and other aspects. The three doshas are pitta, vata and kapha, generating heat, fluidity and solidness. Each person, according to ayurveda has a mixture of these three. A diet can only be prescribed for an individual, not for a whole group.

ayruvedic/chris butler
Posted by: Gulab Jamon ()
Date: July 07, 2006 10:54PM

suzi
What is the reasoning behind this ayruvedic diet and how can one argue the absurdity of it? It looks like a low/no calorie diet to me.

First of all, it's spelled "ayurvedic".

Second of all, it's a fairly common diet in India that has been around for thousands of years. It's not exclusive to any particular sect or cult - unless you consider the entire religion of Hinduism to be a cult.

Third of all, you'd probably have to be a scientist, doctor or nutritionist to properly argue against such a diet, and that would involve a great deal of research on your part. In the course of your research, you might actually find that the ayurvedic diet principles are not at all "absurd", as you seem to think.

ayruvedic/chris butler
Posted by: barabara ()
Date: July 08, 2006 03:04AM

The ayurvedic diet is based on a philosophy and a paradigm that is very different from the empirical world view adopted by the western civilizations. Like the Chinese concept of yin-yang, Ayurveda seeks to encourage a world of balance and harmony.

It is a healthy diet, including many protein sources from vegetables, such as dal and tofu, as well as dairy products.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.