Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Lubavitch mystery
Date: June 02, 2006 11:08PM

Thanks for your reply, richardmgreen.

Boy is this all ringing bells for me. All that marriage stuff. My housemate used to talk about the sometimes disastrous match-ups of his friends and family.

I also remember attending a jewish temple with him and feeling like a real fraud standing there in the foyer. And I am starting to wonder if perhaps he wasn't so wayward afterall.

Can you provide any information about the Outreach programs by this Lubavitch movement? And the techniques they use? Are any insidious methods used...?

Options: ReplyQuote
Lubavitch mystery
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: June 06, 2006 02:33AM

upsidedownnewspaper
Thanks for your reply, richardmgreen.

Boy is this all ringing bells for me. All that marriage stuff. My housemate used to talk about the sometimes disastrous match-ups of his friends and family.

I also remember attending a jewish temple with him and feeling like a real fraud standing there in the foyer. And I am starting to wonder if perhaps he wasn't so wayward afterall.

Can you provide any information about the Outreach programs by this Lubavitch movement? And the techniques they use? Are any insidious methods used...?
See the groups posting called "I could never be good enough for the movement."

Lubavitch mystery
Posted by: dv ()
Date: June 04, 2007 09:03PM

richardmgreen
.........Rabbi Moshe Yess...

[www.rabbiyess.com]

Here is an article where the nutcase rambles about rabinnic ordination. He used to have an article explaining that he was not ordained officially but had ordained himself, I'll have to go to archive.org to find it.

Oh yes, and I find his music to be lackadaisical.

That's what he started out as, a musician. And he was somewhat popular. I think Chabad FUBARED him.

Lubavitch mystery
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: June 06, 2007 04:51AM

Yess was in a band called the Megama (Heb. objective, purpose) Duo. He was a guitarist and the lead singer. I went to one of their very first concerts in Jerusalem to critique the band. Some of his songs like, "My Zayde" ("grandfather") and "Call Your Mother" became hits.
I did not know he was self-ordained. I had assumed he became ordained by Chabad but he's on a lunatic fringe of the movement. I don't know who believes as he does the "the Rebbe is not dead, but hidden and will yet be revealed again." Anyone with more information than myself is welcome to post.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.