More about the killing of Amalekites
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: June 06, 2007 04:37AM

Over the last 12 years I have read scores of pieces of literature on Judaism. One of the topics I read about dealt with the issue of the Amalekites. One document I read talked about the nature of the psychology of that tribe. They believed in fate (kismet) and not Divine Providence or [i:0331b0e644]Hashgacha Pratit [/i:0331b0e644]in Hebrew. There is a whole method to the Amalekite way.
The mitzvah of killing Amalekites according to one tractate I read is only at a point in time when a member of that tribe is injurious to Jews and planning to killl Jews. Evidently, Rabbi Shach's disciple didn't know about this. Religion can be very dangerous.
Years ago, I used to go to Rebbetzin Ester Jungreis' outreach ([i:0331b0e644]kiruv[/i:0331b0e644]) operation. She kept saying, "We don't want to kill anyone but if we have to we will." It made me feel uncomfortable and I eventually left her movement. I had enough death threats over the years.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 06, 2007 04:50AM

How does this relate specfically to the topic, which is "cults, sects and new religious movements"?

Date: June 06, 2007 05:03AM

The killing of Amalekites is not just a Chabad doctrine. It is a mitzvah in the Torah to do such but Chabad and Ponevez seem to be the only groups to make a big deal of it that I know of. And someone got killed over it a number of years ago. I consider this to be a dangerous doctrine and luckily the documents that I've read on the topic outside of Chabad explains it in such a way as to not be so aggressive. But in Chabad, they make it clear that the Rebbe, as the Moshiach Ben Joseph, was actively involved in destroying the "klippot" or forces of evil.
In orthodox Judaism, there are 2 messiahs. The one descended from Joseph who is a warrior who will defeat Amalek and stop the 2K year problem that the Jews have been having being exiled in the so-called "exile of Edom". Edom is another term for Esau.
The messiah son of Judah, is the final messiah who will lead the Jews into the bliss expected at his arrival and when G-d decides that the exile is over on his own or when the Jews (and presumably the world) merit the final redemption.
If this final redemption is anything like what Chabad does to families we are all in trouble. Chabad actively pursues non-Jews and has a global program for "world redemption." Whatever that means. And killing Amalekites seems to be part of it.
Years ago, I attended a talk given by Sammy Intrator at the Carlebach Shul. He said that very little is known about the Amaleki people. So what is all of this about? It's hard to tell and dangerouse to leave to the imagination especially as even Schneerson never expoounded on what he meant by combatting Amalek.

Date: June 06, 2007 05:40AM

I'm trying to look up where the Torah says to kill Amalek. Any help out there?

Date: June 06, 2007 05:44AM

When Rabbi Schneerson was alive, he was considered to be the final redeemer by his movment or the [i:565c8b182b]Mashiach Ben David[/i:565c8b182b]. After his passing, I heard a meshichist give a speech about how he was the [i:565c8b182b]Messiah ben Joseph[/i:565c8b182b]. One of the arguments used against Jesus relates to how you can't be both a priest and a king. Conflicting lineages are cited. Similar with Rabbi Schneerson. He obviously couldn't be both.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.