Current Page: 6 of 9
new cult-- apostolos campus ministry --help needed
Posted by: pine ()
Date: December 02, 2006 05:06AM

Hello “Dr. Kilonzo.” I appreciate your post here. I have also appreciated all the other posts that you have been writing, the posts that seem to come from all around Africa. However, it is quite deceptive of you to go around pretending that ACM has been causing a problem in more than one area. You just post here and there from Central Africa. However, you should stop hiding behind fake posts, causing many people to misunderstand ACM, and what it is.
I know that you had problems in Kenya, but it was something so unrelated to this. Yet, you had to make it into an issue of faith, and begin to slander ACM. Instead of just hiding behind some forum, why can’t we discuss this in public? We tried to resolve our problems by going through the church, but you still seem to be so angered. However, slandering our name on all sides is not the proper way to show this.

I hope people reading this thread can see both sides of the story. This person is speaking so falsely about us. Everything he says is a lie, and we have denied everything he has said. What I want to know is how he came to the conclusions he posted, and who told this to him. This is not the position of ACM.

Anyways, I’m glad that you posted again. The more you post, the more we can finally get behind everything you are posting. Then we can put your slandering to an end. ACM is a well founded organization and its theology is sound. In the long run, it will not be affected by your deceitful posts in this cult forum.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 02, 2006 05:26AM

pine:

Please avoid name calling and flaming, which is against the rules.

According to an IP address check “Dr. Kilonzo” is not posting at this message board under any other name.

Posted by: Hoi ()
Date: December 03, 2006 12:21AM

Hello

Thank you very much everybody who wrote in this thread, it helped me a lot. My girlfriend started Bible studies from one girl, later I found out she was a member of ACM, and only thanks to this forum I was able to stop my girlfriend from going there.

This girl invited her to do a Bible study with her and they were studying for a few months. I have noticed some weird thinkings from my girlfriend and I know those were not her thoughts because before she started those studies she didn't think like that, that's when I started having fears that girl is brainwashing her. I can just hope she didn't do much harm. So I'm asking you [u:8274eb0238]how much harm do you think she could receive in a few months and is there anything I should do?[/u:8274eb0238]
From what you wrote here this doesn't look like extremely dangerous cult but still I'm scared for my girlfriend. She still thinks that girl is a nice girl and that scares me.

After she found out it was a cult she admitted to me that girl told her she won't have a problem finding a new boyfriend, probably meaning a boyfriend who could be a member of ACM. She also mentioned there were two Korean girls once there in the studies. And also I have noticed she talked a lot against other religions and few times she was really offensive to me when I tried to tell her to think about what she is saying, but we never had even a little argue before her Bible studies.

I'm telling you every detail I can remember in order to help other people like you helped me. Thank you very much!

Posted by: max29 ()
Date: December 03, 2006 09:17PM

Hoi,

I think that you are really noble to be so concerned for her. I hope you two stay together, and you continue to watch out for her.
I read in antoher forum that this group does slander other denominations and faiths. They have been known to say negative things about baptists, catholics, methodists, etc because they insist that their theology is the Truth. I have also read that they really try to divide couples if they evangelize one person in the couple. They do have semi-arranged marriages within the ministry that are appoved of by their head Pastor David from what I have read else where. I think that you and your girlfriend need to know about this.
I think that Apostolos Campus Ministry is really just the gate way organization for something bigger that they are doing under this Pastor David and that is what makes this organization strange. Is it a campus ministry that's non-denominational or is it an organization that says it is for all denominatons but then pressures the youth to convert to their denomination- EAPC. I looked on their (ACM) website and it sounds more like recruiting then any other campus fellowship, it doesn't sound like the kind of group that actually cares about the youths academic studies. Why is that? do their members go on to have careers outside of their group of ministries? Any thoughts? I think that if people are concerned about this before or while they are in the group they might ask these kind of questions. Are they doing a service to anyone? Are they making their own exclusive community where no one is allowed to marry outside of it, have jobs outside of it, or pursue any private interest with out permission? Are these regulated conditions or does a social stigma come to you if you do not follow them? Is everything out in the open or is it held behind closed doors/ maybe in this case behind a language barrier?
Be careful and God bless you and your girl
Max

Posted by: Margaret ()
Date: December 04, 2006 11:44PM

pine
Hello “Dr. Kilonzo.” I appreciate your post here. I have also appreciated all the other posts that you have been writing, the posts that seem to come from all around Africa. However, it is quite deceptive of you to go around pretending that ACM has been causing a problem in more than one area. You just post here and there from Central Africa. However, you should stop hiding behind fake posts, causing many people to misunderstand ACM, and what it is.
I know that you had problems in Kenya, but it was something so unrelated to this. Yet, you had to make it into an issue of faith, and begin to slander ACM. Instead of just hiding behind some forum, why can’t we discuss this in public? We tried to resolve our problems by going through the church, but you still seem to be so angered. However, slandering our name on all sides is not the proper way to show this.

I hope people reading this thread can see both sides of the story. This person is speaking so falsely about us. Everything he says is a lie, and we have denied everything he has said. What I want to know is how he came to the conclusions he posted, and who told this to him. This is not the position of ACM.

Anyways, I’m glad that you posted again. The more you post, the more we can finally get behind everything you are posting. Then we can put your slandering to an end. ACM is a well founded organization and its theology is sound. In the long run, it will not be affected by your deceitful posts in this cult forum.

I have no intention of getting drawn into endless innuendos and personality debates. This is a legal and spiritual matter and I will not be drawn into a mudslinging contest. You will get your chance to defend yourself in the due process of law, even in the face of your seeming contempt of legal systems in Kenya and Africa in general. The wheels of justice may be slow here but you can rest assured they have not ground to a halt.
By my next post, all your activities in Kenya and Africa would have been exposed and any of you culpable of breaking the law brought to book. Christ commanded us to give to César what is César’s.

Posted by: pine ()
Date: December 06, 2006 03:48PM

This is the first time you come out with a name. But something remains.

If you want to criticize an organization, you have to do it clearly and justly. Criticism in hiding means there is a problem.

So let’s lay out the facts here so everyone can see.

I went to the second floor of the Ufangamano House in search of “Dr. Margaret.” Guess what? No offices on the second floor. And no Dr. Margaret. So I checked the NSIS. Surprise – no Margaret there either.

Anyone who sees this post can tell you’re a fake. If you’re not, then explain everything about yourself to us one by one. Tell us the name of the organization your working for, which you claim represents ALL Christ-centered organizations in Kenya. (Aren’t there any Christian Kenyans offended by this?) And please also tell us all about your imaginary office at Ufangamano House.

This trash started from a single anonymous post that suddenly disappeared; now all that’s left is the word “Hello.” All of the postings after that were written by nameless and faceless people as well. Who can deal with nameless and faceless people?

Throughout this entire discussion only one person has stepped up to the challenge to come out with a name and a face: “Dr. Margaret.” So we had hoped to talk with you exclusively. But as it turns out, you’re using someone else’s name without her permission and are hiding your face behind that.

I’m not interested in chasing ghosts. The conclusion is this is a waste of time, since even with an “official” post this entire dispute remains faceless and nameless

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 06, 2006 09:02PM

Pine:

Please read the rules.

"Flaming" is not allowed.

People post anonymously on message boards constantly as you have done using the name "pine."

It is no longer possible to post on this board and then later delete or edit as the person who began this thread did.

Posted by: bluesouljah ()
Date: December 06, 2006 10:39PM

Judging from the all the posts above, it looks like most (if not all) complaints against this group are from Africa. If the overseas branches of this U.S.-based group function autonomously, then it seems to me that criticism of the branch(es) is more appropriate than criticizing the entire body (which apparently is what's stirring tensions in this thread). Just an observation/suggestion.

Posted by: Hoi ()
Date: December 07, 2006 07:21AM

bluesouljah
Judging from the all the posts above, it looks like most (if not all) complaints against this group are from Africa. If the overseas branches of this U.S.-based group function autonomously, then it seems to me that criticism of the branch(es) is more appropriate than criticizing the entire body (which apparently is what's stirring tensions in this thread). Just an observation/suggestion.
Not all from Africa, my experience is from Europe

Posted by: cresendo ()
Date: December 11, 2006 04:44PM

I have read the chain of blogs and replies about ACM. I have heard about it from my sister who was in it for a while then came out as she claimed it got too controversial. i am from Africa and Kenya to be specific.She came home and told me that they say Jesus is their pastor David. she showed me a book where one missionary from south africa who is now her friend had scribbled some calculations half,half and half a time where they calculated the old testament, new testament and what am still struggling to understand is the new gospel i think? then they started from Moses,to Jesus then to pator David who is the 'christ' and she wrote 2000 alongside so i guesse that is the day of confirmation of their prophesy.
Now since she left she has lately been called to meetings with a new leader who is offering her cash to return,20,000/= an she is being threatened of legal actions if she discloses such information. My question is,can they do this,if they are not a cult why are they bribing people to keep quiet and to go back. My sister has now since she left not gone to any church and i frankly fear for her wellbeing since they are now threatening her. What is the best advice?

Current Page: 6 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.