Posted by: summer ()
Date: May 12, 2006 06:07PM

hello!

Options: ReplyQuote
new cult-- apostolos campus ministry --help needed
Posted by: nccg_concern ()
Date: May 12, 2006 09:40PM

summer
hi.i would like to ask if someone ever heard of or joined apostolos campus ministry (ACM).
last few months, i met 1 of their missionary in my university campus and i joined the 1 to 1 bible studi. i like the teaching and found it fresh to me. however, at a last class of the beginner lesson (11 lessons altogether), the missionary told me that their pastor (a korean) is actuali Jesus. thats when i realised they r cult. anyone ever heard about them? any information about this group?

thanks a lot

Yikes.

I personally have not heard of them, but its nice that you aren't buying into it :)

Date: May 31, 2006 02:59PM

I thought that they were a bit sus... I just got approached by them about an hour ago at the University of Sydney, and I agreed to go to their Bible study... after I gave my details they told me it was one-on-one... and I thought that was sus because no other fellowship group I know or have been to does that. And they kept asking whether I'm a Christian and how long for... most other groups don't care. So I did a Google search and found this site, and I'm glad that I did because it saves me a lot of time.

I've sent them an email saying that I won't be coming, and now hopefully they'll leave me alone... [/color:060a37eb25]

Posted by: initiate ()
Date: May 31, 2006 07:01PM

summer
the missionary told me that their pastor (a korean) is actuali Jesus.

You need more information than that to know to RUN!?

Posted by: CaptPorridge ()
Date: June 01, 2006 12:37PM

There's apparently about 70 Korean Messiahs doing the rounds at the moment.
Could be the Moonies, an offshoot of them, or another group entirely.

I operate a website that focuses mainly on Korean cults and one in particular, if you don't mind could you perhaps get the name of this Korean Messiah?

Have you seen his photo?

If it's the group I encountered, some of the stuff on my site might be familiar:
Photos Of the Leader

And photocopies of their Moonie derived Bible Course

Have a browse and let me know if any of that rings a bell. They do primarily focus on uni campuses, could be them.

And as a fellow Aussie, I'm particularly interested in Korean cults operating back home. Or if you don't want to ask, how about passing me along a contact for them?
Thanks

Posted by: dell22 ()
Date: July 03, 2006 02:04AM

So I did some research on this campus group and apparently they have a website: [www.apostolos.org].

They are of the Presbyterian denomination and are affiliated with a recognized Protestant Christian sect/denomination. I actually knew someone once who was doing bible studies with them but was also part of KCCC - Korean Campus Crusade for Christ once. He said the bible studies were really good but I wasn't sure if he continued.

I've come to think of them as similar to the other Christian groups on campus: Intervarsity (IV), CSFC, KCCC, Catholic Students, etc. When it comes to classifying cults you must do so with a lot of knowledge on the way organized religious groups work. They need to have a valid missions statement and organized leadership. More important than that you need to examine their doctrines and what is it that they focus on in their bible studies and fellowships.

The Moonies- which are now starting up a COLLEGE group called *CARP are part of the Unification church and strictly adhere to really "diversity-loving" sounding terminology and methods of approach. I talked to a CARP student once and it was not kosher man. I would like to classify myself as a pretty simple but dedicated Christian, and talking to these people... it's definitely different. It was almost like they were trying NOT to talk about the things found in the bible.

Anyhow, back to Apostolos Campus Ministry. I think they're just like any other legit. campus fellowship out there: IV, CSCC, KCCC, ABSK, etc. But then again I guess if you would classify THOSE as cults then... looks like a mad reality for you.

Posted by: tbrobeck ()
Date: August 02, 2006 11:08AM

The answer more likely than not is no, so if one is calling themselves Jesus, it would be a wise idea to run.

If you are a Christian, try praying and seeking God for the place in which He would like to plant you.

Posted by: stevesteve ()
Date: September 19, 2006 07:03AM

Read the following passage from Deuteronomy:

15One witness is not enough to convict a man accused of any crime or offense he may have committed. A matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses. 16If a malicious witness takes the stand to accuse a man of a crime, 17 the two men involved in the dispute must stand in the presence of the LORD before the priests and the judges who are in office at the time. 18 The judges must make a thorough investigation, and if the witness proves to be a liar, giving false testimony against his brother, 19 then do to him as he intended to do to his brother. You must purge the evil from among you. 20 The rest of the people will hear of this and be afraid, and never again will such an evil thing be done among you. 21 Show no pity: life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.

Why is a japanese person getting involved with matters regarding an accusation made by a student from Malaysia?

This thread and the following replies seem to bear false witness. Upon looking over the website of the fellowship in question, the ministry seems to be doing good works. By looking at the fruit, you can judge the tree. Why are you making such an accusation? Were you involved in a dispute? If you insult your brother in Christ, it says in Matt 5:22 that you will be condemned to hell. If the fellowship you are talking about chooses to proceed with litigation for libel, you could be fined very heavily or even be imprisoned.

It's probably going to be very difficult to erase all records of this thread and its replies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Matthew 5:22
22But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brotherwill be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca,[c]' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Posted by: timothy ()
Date: September 22, 2006 08:18AM

I’m a member of ACM Malaysia. What is the point of continuing such a debate? Even the person who posted the first message had disappeared, even deleting his/her message. I don’t understand the purpose for this discussion to continue. ACM Malaysia is an evangelical campus ministry, you have no right to defame us in such a website, insulting and humiliating our ministry without any firm evidence.

Posted by: bluesouljah ()
Date: September 28, 2006 09:36PM

Well, I'm not sure about the whole "our pastor is Jesus" thing, but from my research, I found that they're an associate member of the World Evangelical Alliance (http://www.worldevangelicalalliance.com/members/associates.htm). And for those who are unfamiliar with the WEA, they're the largest network of evangelical bodies in the world. Are you sure you didn't mishear? If the missionary you met was from Korea, chances are he (or she) was probably not very good with English. Maybe they said "our pastor is a genius." Haha. j/k

But in any case, I'm not sure how legit this "missionary" is, but the group looks pretty legit to me from what I found on the web. But then again, even evangelical figures like Rick Warren are controversial to some.

Pages: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.