The Bizarre 70s Cult Of Father Yod and The Source Family
Posted by: shamrock ()
Date: October 12, 2021 11:39PM

The Source Family were one of the twentieth century's oddest religious cults. Emerging from a Hollywood vegetarian restaurant where Yoko Ono, Marlon Brando, and Woody Allen were all regulars, the Source Family were not your typical restaurant-owners. They were part of a secret cult led by professed guru, musician, and vegan bank-robber Father Yod. Influenced by the teachings of Yogi Bhajan and the astrological Age of Aquarius, they practiced utopian living, until they were chased out of Los Angeles forever.

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Bizarre 70s Cult Of Father Yod and The Source Family
Posted by: oneclickwonder ()
Date: October 16, 2021 04:51AM

hahahaha these guys were wild! I had forgotten about them and just saw your post! can you find the documentary anywhere thats free to watch???

Re: The Bizarre 70s Cult Of Father Yod and The Source Family
Posted by: zizlz ()
Date: October 19, 2021 02:59AM

I think I watched this same docu some years ago. Very interesting, IIRC the cult leader gained some level of insight towards the end, realizing that he may not actually be God, after all. But that insight was too painful for him to continue living, apparently.

Oneclickwonder, you can watch it at the youtube link above if you're in the US or if you connect through a US-located VPN.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2021 03:00AM by zizlz.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.