Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: ISKCON of Dallas/Dallas Hare Krsnas
Posted by: The Whirlwind ()
Date: December 07, 2020 09:13AM

Prabhupada makes it clear, that we ISKCON devotees are NOT Hindus. There are many quotes from him, in which he says this over and over. So why are the leadership of the Dallas temple now proclaiming themselves to be Hindus? Is this not in direct contradiction to the teaching of the founder-acarya of the very same institution that they supposedly represent? If not, why not? They'll call themselves Hindus if thy can use it to milk the Hindu cash cow, those corrupt rascals!

[vaniquotes.org]

[padaproblems.blogspot.com]

“Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said; Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? Gird up now thy loins like a man: for I will demand of thee and answer thou me.”

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2020 09:27AM by The Whirlwind.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 07, 2020 09:38AM

The Whirlwind Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Prabhupada makes it clear, that we ISKCON devotees
> are NOT Hindus. There are many quotes from him,
> in which he says this over and over. So why are
> the leadership of the Dallas temple now
> proclaiming themselves to be Hindus? Is this not
> in direct contradiction to the teaching of the
> founder-acarya of the very same institution that
> they supposedly represent? If not, why not?
> They'll call themselves Hindus if thy can use it
> to milk the Hindu cash cow, those corrupt rascals!
>
> [vaniquotes.org]
>
> [padaproblems.blogspot.com]

Why are they calling themselves Hindus now, and why are they openly sectarian in their presentation? Here is a clue for you all: about one in every four Indian immigrants to the Unites States of America, resides in Texas, and about 90% of the new homes being build in Dallas County right now, are being built by those very same Indian immigrants. Duuuh! The Indian (read: Hindu) community here is HUGE right now, and so it's little wonder that the Dallas Hare Krsna temple is an ISKCON temple in name only: they present it as a Hindu temple, which is the OPPOSITE of what Prabhupada instructed. They're milking the Hindu cash cow, selling out Prabhupada's mission, that's all. They've taken their Father's house, and turned it into a den of thieves.

“Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said; Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? Gird up now thy loins like a man: for I will demand of thee and answer thou me.”

Date: December 09, 2020 03:49AM

They've taken what used to be a proper Hare Krsna temple, and (in effect) turned it into a country club for wealthy Hindus, that's inside of an imaginary gated community in East Dallas. But there are no gates around the perimeter of the block that the dhama is on, and the temple president is not the mayor of a small town. That's all his grandiose delusion. They can call themselves Hindus until they're blue in the face (no pun intended) but this pronouncement is in direct contradiction to the teaching of the founder/acarya of the organization they supposedly represent. But hey, who cares what Prabhupada said (sarcasm).

You may call the Vedas Hindu, but “Hindu” is a foreign name. We are not Hindus.

--Srila Prabhupada, Sri Isopanisad, Introduction

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2020 03:51AM by The Whirlwind.

Date: December 13, 2020 09:11AM

This will be the last post I will make about ISKCON of Dallas for a while, maybe even forever. The reason for this is because I wish to remain anonymous, and as well because I have good reason to fear retaliation, violent retaliation, if my identity is discovered. Here is why:

Almost a year and a half ago, somebody who is on the management council of the Dallas temple came over to my house with his wife, and he gave me a copy of a dossier that they'd been compiling against another member of the Dallas community. I was told that they were doing this on behalf to he temple council.

I was horrified when he handed me this dossier, because the person on whom it was being compiled is a nice person, and I felt this to be most unfair to him. I considered the distribution of this file, to be a form of bullying against an innocent and good-hearted devotee.

So the temple council keeps files on devotees, about whom they are concerned. They use these files to intimidate, harass, and extort devotees whom have been so targeted. I have been the recipient of one of these files, myself. What kind of a church or temple keeps files on its members? An abusive church or temple, that's what kind. A cult. That's what a cult would do.

How do I know that the council does not keep a file, a dossier on ME??

So like I said in the first post of this thread: if the Hare Krsnas in Dallas want the rest of the world to believe that they're not a destructive cult, then they're going to need to try harder than they do, and if they want to be taken seriously as a mainstream religion then they're going to need to be able to stand up to some scrutiny.

As things are now, ISKCON of Dallas does not stand up to scrutiny at all. The main problem, as I see it, is a general lack of accountability on the part of the temple management council and temple president, to the general congregation. The temple president and the local GBC (Governing Body Commission) representative are the same person; as a consequence, there is (chain of command wise) nobody to whom devotees can go, if a problem with the management arises. It's a closed, and self-sealed system they have in place, in Dallas. For another thing, the temple president is temple president in name only: the REAL temple president is the older Chinese lady who runs the restaurant. She's the one who's holding all the strings, on a day to day basis.

Once the temple president of Dallas told me that a "cult" is any group that's teaching somebody to not love God. I laughed on the inside, because the man didn't know what he was talking about, but I bit my tongue since I didn't want to start a fight. Now I'll clear things up: a "cult" (in social/psychological terms) is any abusive and controlling group in which one person (or a group of people) has absolute authority over others, without any meaningful accountability. That's exactly what we see in Dallas: the temple council and its individual members have absolute control over the dhama, without being accountable to anybody outside of their neighborhood. The temple president and GBC are the same man, so it's a closed-loop, self-sealed leadership structure in place and as a consequence, there is nobody to whom devotees can go if there are complaints to be made.

Just to keep things precise, here is a very good operationalized definition of a "destructive cult". Dallas ISKCON gets a "check" for almost all of these criteria, and especially the first three and the last two:

Ten warning signs of a potentially unsafe group/leader.

1. Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.
2. No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.
3. No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement.
4. Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.
5. There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.
6. Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.
7. There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the group/leader.
8. Followers feel they can never be "good enough".
9. The group/leader is always right.
10. The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2020 09:27AM by The Whirlwind.

Date: December 13, 2020 09:32AM

PS: the name of the devotee, the one who came over to my house on behalf of the temple council and handed me a dossier that he'd been compiling against another devotee, is Daru Krishna das. He used to be the temple president in Boston and also someplace in Arizona, but he and his family live in Dallas now. As far as I know, Daru Krishna is still on the temple council of Dallas.

If you do not want the world to regard ISKCON as a destructive cult, Daru Krishna prabhu, then may I humbly suggest that you not behave like a bullying cultist?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2020 09:35AM by The Whirlwind.

Date: December 15, 2020 04:24AM

The ISKCON Dallas temple council keeps files on certain devotees, about whom they are concerned. They use these files to intimidate, harass, and extort devotees whom have been so targeted. I have been the recipient of one of these files, myself. What kind of a church or temple keeps files on its members? An abusive church or temple, that's what kind. A cult. That's what a cult would do.

Daru Krishna das (former temple president of Boston, and today on the temple council in Dallas) personally came over to my home and gave me one such file.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2020 04:25AM by The Whirlwind.

Date: December 15, 2020 09:24AM

PS: go to the third photo down on this page. You will find a picture of a man dressed in all white, whose eyes are closed and who is playing finger cymbals. This is Daru Krishna das, the man who distributes files on behalf of the Dallas temple management council (of which he is a part), in order to bully and harass targeted devotees. He came to my home, and gave me one such file almost a year and a half ago. You know, since he's not in a cult. (sarcasm)

[www.harekrsna.com]

What's ironic, is the fact that I learned of the existence of this anonymous message board by virtue of the file Daru Krishna das gave me: some highlighted passages within it, contained sections of certain threads from this very board. The URL sending me here, was right there. Daru Krishna das is the one who pointed me to this very message board, in other words!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2020 09:40AM by The Whirlwind.

Date: December 18, 2020 06:32AM

What's ironic, is the fact that I learned of the existence of this anonymous message board by virtue of the file Daru Krishna das gave me: some highlighted passages within it, contained sections of certain threads from this very board. The URL sending me here, was right there. Daru Krishna das is the one who pointed me to this very message board, in other words!

Daru Krishna distributes files, dossiers that the Dallas temple council compile against other devotees. He does this on their behalf, in order to bully and intimidate devotees who have been so targeted. He once personally gave me such a file. If Daru Krishna EVER makes it on to the GBC, then...that won't be a good thing, but that's what he is angling to do, become part of the GBC. What we need in Dallas are a new temple president and/or GBC representative, and we need Daru Krishna off of the temple council. Things are just too much out of hand here.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2020 06:41AM by The Whirlwind.

Date: December 27, 2020 09:28AM

[www.watchdogbulletin.org]

"NITYANANDA DAS - NA GBC EC Chairman and ISKCON Dallas temple president:

'I would expect some corruption in the GBC. It is Kali-yuga. It is the material world.'"

Gosh, Nityananda prabhu: this sounds like an excuse, a good justification for your own corruption and lack of accountability: blame it on Kali-yuga. That is nothing but a cop-out because you abandoned your own integrity. We need a new temple president and/or GBC representative in Dallas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2020 09:29AM by The Whirlwind.

Date: February 12, 2021 08:08AM

The Whirlwind Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [www.watchdogbulletin.org]
>
> "NITYANANDA DAS - NA GBC EC Chairman and ISKCON
> Dallas temple president:
>
> 'I would expect some corruption in the GBC. It is
> Kali-yuga. It is the material world.'"

>
> Gosh, Nityananda prabhu: this sounds like an
> excuse, a good justification for your own
> corruption and lack of accountability: blame it on
> Kali-yuga. That is nothing but a cop-out because
> you abandoned your own integrity. We need a new
> temple president and/or GBC representative in
> Dallas.

Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.