Current Page: 2 of 3
God is not everywhere
Posted by: Christelle ()
Date: June 02, 2003 01:27AM

In a sense, God IS every where....

If God exists, He is the source of all- including images, the taste of water, the feel of earth, the heat and light of fire.
God's energy pervades all existance. It is the sustaining force that gives life/spirit to every blade of grass.
God can manifest in anyway He wishes to and play with his energies in any way.... manifesting in a burning bush if He so desires.
Of course, we can not make up an image and assume God wishes to relate to us through it. But I have faith in God's ability to interact with those who pray to the Lord, and that He is fully capable of manifesting through any media He chooses based on the love and focus of one's prayer, in line with Gods instructions in any bonafide religious path one has.

In ancient vedic texts it describes how God exists within every atom, as well as the whole universe exists within Him simultaneously. Within every partical is the energy of the whole.

There's is nothing but God, yet nothing is God, save and except the supreme God.

Options: ReplyQuote
God is not everywhere
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: June 02, 2003 09:06PM

Originally posted by Christelle
There's is nothing but God, yet nothing is God, save and except the supreme God.
I find this statement to be contradictory. In the Jewish Kabbalah they say that God is memaleh kol almin (he fills the world) and he's sovev kol almin (he encompasses the world). His relationship to the universe is the same as the soul's relationship to the body. But I don't believe that God is the only thing that exists. I believe I have an existance that's separate from God's.

God is not everywhere
Posted by: Thomas ()
Date: June 03, 2003 01:52AM

Ps 53:1-8
The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, and their ways are vile; there is no one who does good. God looks down from heaven on the sons of men to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God. Everyone has turned away, they have together become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one. Will the evildoers never learn-those who devour my people as men eat bread and who do not call on God? There they were, overwhelmed with dread, where there was nothing to dread. God scattered the bones of those who attacked you; you put them to shame, for God despised them. Oh, that salvation for Israel would come out of Zion! When God restores the fortunes of his people, let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad!

Matthew 4:10
Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.' "

Romans 1:18-25
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may-be known about God is plain to them, because God had made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities-his eternal power and and divine nature-have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. For although they knew God, they neither glorified ham as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles. Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshipped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised. Amen.

Romans 14:10-12
For we will all stand before God's judgment seat. It is written: "As surely as I live," says the Lord, "every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God." So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.

God is not everywhere
Date: June 03, 2003 12:50PM

It's tricky sounding at first...

But I agree with you, that we all have our unique individuality.

What that statement means is that all there is is God *and* God's energy, which is simoultaneously part of God, yet different. We are considered, according to this concept, God's energy- in quality one, yet in quantity different, like a minute spark of a fire.
All the energy in the universe combined, however, does not equal God, as the supreme being is distinctly beyond it all too.
There is God as "brahman", all pervading.
As "brahman", or localized in the heart of every being.
And as "bhagavan", or as a Supreme Personality, whose effulgence is the brahman energy from which all existance comes.
Kind of comparable with the "Father, Son, and Holy Ghost" trinity, in a sense...

God is not everywhere
Date: June 03, 2003 09:32PM

Originally posted by letGodbetrue
Richard, your bitterness and cynicism is barely covered in most of your posts... here not at all. I suppose you make these outrageous statements just to stir things up, but once again, your contribution to scholarly pursuit is vastly compromised by your personal feelings. So you expect people to believe that main-line denominations like the Baptists, Presbyterians, and Nazarene are all cultic churches? Billy Graham is a member of a cult? Every president this country has had, is or was a cultist? You are blinded by your own hurt, hate, bitterness and cynicism. I don't expect you to agree, but not many people who are careful, scholarly observers of these issues will agree with you that Billy Graham is a cultist.

Of course, I'm sure there are the many ubiquitous web sites out there that you faithfully subscribe to, discussing Billy's demonic satan worship rituals up on his mountain... puh-leeze.

Over 150 million people were killed in the name of Jesus the so-called "Prince of Peace". And yes I think worshipping him is idolatry.

God is not everywhere
Date: June 03, 2003 09:36PM

Originally posted by Thomas
Ps 53:1-8
The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, and their ways are vile; there is no one who does good. God looks down from heaven on the sons of men to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God. Everyone has turned away, they have together become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one. Will the evildoers never learn-those who devour my people as men eat bread and who do not call on God? There they were, overwhelmed with dread, where there was nothing to dread. God scattered the bones of those who attacked you; you put them to shame, for God despised them. Oh, that salvation for Israel would come out of Zion! When God restores the fortunes of his people, let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad!

(RMG's reply: Israel is now in its third commonwealth and there's little to celebrate. I know because I lived in Israel for 5 years)

Matthew 4:10
Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.' "

(RMG's reply: God yes, Jesus no)

Romans 1:18-25
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may-be known about God is plain to them, because God had made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities-his eternal power and and divine nature-have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. For although they knew God, they neither glorified ham as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles. Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshipped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised. Amen.

Romans 14:10-12
For we will all stand before God's judgment seat. It is written: "As surely as I live," says the Lord, "every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God." So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.
(RMGj's reply: These "prophecies were made several thousand years ago and the world is still not totally composed of Xians.)

God is not everywhere
Date: June 03, 2003 09:37PM

It's tricky sounding at first...

But I agree with you, that we all have our unique individuality.

What that statement means is that all there is is God *and* God's energy, which is simoultaneously part of God, yet different. We are considered, according to this concept, God's energy- in quality one, yet in quantity different, like a minute spark of a fire.
All the energy in the universe combined, however, does not equal God, as the supreme being is distinctly beyond it all too.
There is God as "brahman", all pervading.
As "brahman", or localized in the heart of every being.
And as "bhagavan", or as a Supreme Personality, whose effulgence is the brahman energy from which all existance comes.
Kind of comparable with the "Father, Son, and Holy Ghost" trinity, in a sense...
The spark of the Brahmin is creation is called the "atman", the reflexive principle of Brahmin.

God is not everywhere
Date: June 04, 2003 12:19AM

Small mistake...

the second one is God as "Parama-atman", or the Super soul residing with the atman of every being.
(like the inner guide in the heart, the external manifestations of which are the saints who are in touch with the Lord in the heart- like the "son" in the trinity)

God is not everywhere
Posted by: Thomas ()
Date: June 04, 2003 01:25AM

Originally posted by richardmgreen
It aplay for today.

God is not everywhere
Date: June 06, 2003 09:05PM

Small mistake...

the second one is God as "Parama-atman", or the Super soul residing with the atman of every being.
(like the inner guide in the heart, the external manifestations of which are the saints who are in touch with the Lord in the heart- like the "son" in the trinity)

I'm familiar with the concept of the Atman because of a paper I did on the subject while at Long Island U. It was based on an outdoor modern art sculpture by Mark Disuvero of the same name.
Where do you get your references from.

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.