Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
God is not everywhere
Posted by: jojo ()
Date: May 16, 2003 06:33PM

The word everywhere pertains places anywhere, parts of subparts, and every place or part. On the topic of the presence of God or the dwell presence of God, The Bible said that:

Acts 24:17
God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
Conclusion: There is no presence of God on temples made with hands of man.
(Temples made with hands of man are part of everywhere)

1 Corinthians 14:33
For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
Conclusion: On the places where no peace, the presence of God was not there. (Places with no peace are part of everywhere)

Isaiah 42:8 (relative to Acts 24:17-18)
I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
Conclusion: On places where there are graven images or to the graven images, the presence of God was not there. (Graven images are part of everywhere and they are found every corner of the word)

James 3:14-17
But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy
2 Peter 2:12
But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
Conclusion: On places or people where there are envying, devilish (ex the people who lead the WT Sep 11 attack, terrorists groups, inquisition, rape, murder, drunkenness, Satanism, hypocrisy); the presence of God was not there. (This is part of everywhere and visible)

Hidden questions and analysis:
If God is everywhere then, God of Israel is present all together in the Muslims, Hindus, Baptist, ICOC, Born Again, Jew, Church of YHWH and YHWSA HMSYH, Lutheran church, Mormons, Church of Satan, and others; and that no need to transfer from one church to another or no need to seek. The fact that God instructed people to seek the kingdom or true church, then definitely there are also false church of false teachers where God did not dwell (Matt24:24 & 2Cor11:13-15).

With the verses above, we can determine that the general Biblical conclusion as (The presence of God is subjected)

“The presence of God is not everywhere” or “God is not everywhere”

Thanks,
jojo

Link: [www.angdatingdaan.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
God is not everywhere
Posted by: letGodbetrue ()
Date: May 18, 2003 10:19AM

Jesus used a phrase about the blind leading the blind, why does that suddenly come to mind? Like the other lady, you neglect the context of scripture to your own hurt.

Why do you even bring this up? What does it have to do with cults? Are you suggesting that anyone who believes in the Bible is some part of a massive world-wide cult?

7 Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
8 If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning,
And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 Even there Your hand shall lead me,
And Your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall £fall on me,”
Even the night shall be light about me;
12 Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You,
But the night shines as the day;
The darkness and the light are both alike to You.

Psalm 139:7-12 is just one that describes the omnipresence of God.

God is not everywhere
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: May 18, 2003 11:46PM

Originally posted by jojo
The word everywhere pertains places anywhere, parts of subparts, and every place or part. On the topic of the presence of God or the dwell presence of God, The Bible said that:

Acts 24:17
God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
Conclusion: There is no presence of God on temples made with hands of man.
(Temples made with hands of man are part of everywhere)

1 Corinthians 14:33
For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
Conclusion: On the places where no peace, the presence of God was not there. (Places with no peace are part of everywhere)

Isaiah 42:8 (relative to Acts 24:17-18)
I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
Conclusion: On places where there are graven images or to the graven images, the presence of God was not there. (Graven images are part of everywhere and they are found every corner of the word)

James 3:14-17
But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy
2 Peter 2:12
But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
Conclusion: On places or people where there are envying, devilish (ex the people who lead the WT Sep 11 attack, terrorists groups, inquisition, rape, murder, drunkenness, Satanism, hypocrisy); the presence of God was not there. (This is part of everywhere and visible)

Hidden questions and analysis:
If God is everywhere then, God of Israel is present all together in the Muslims, Hindus, Baptist, ICOC, Born Again, Jew, Church of YHWH and YHWSA HMSYH, Lutheran church, Mormons, Church of Satan, and others; and that no need to transfer from one church to another or no need to seek. The fact that God instructed people to seek the kingdom or true church, then definitely there are also false church of false teachers where God did not dwell (Matt24:24 & 2Cor11:13-15).

With the verses above, we can determine that the general Biblical conclusion as (The presence of God is subjected)

“The presence of God is not everywhere” or “God is not everywhere”

Thanks,
jojo

Link: [www.angdatingdaan.org]
(RMG's reply: Actually, I have some additional thoughts.
A famous Rabbi once told his son that God is everywhere. His son, who later on became a famous Chasidic Rebbe said, "no, God is only where you let him in."

Another thing I can say is that according to the Kabbalists, the Jewish mystics God is "memaleh kol almin" he fills the world and he's "sovev kol almin" he encompasses the world.

God is not everywhere
Date: May 18, 2003 11:48PM

Are you suggesting that anyone who believes in the Bible is some part of a massive world-wide cult?

(RMG's reply: Yes. And a very violent, detrimental one at that.)

God is not everywhere
Date: May 20, 2003 07:56AM

Richard, your bitterness and cynicism is barely covered in most of your posts... here not at all. I suppose you make these outrageous statements just to stir things up, but once again, your contribution to scholarly pursuit is vastly compromised by your personal feelings. So you expect people to believe that main-line denominations like the Baptists, Presbyterians, and Nazarene are all cultic churches? Billy Graham is a member of a cult? Every president this country has had, is or was a cultist? You are blinded by your own hurt, hate, bitterness and cynicism. I don't expect you to agree, but not many people who are careful, scholarly observers of these issues will agree with you that Billy Graham is a cultist.

Of course, I'm sure there are the many ubiquitous web sites out there that you faithfully subscribe to, discussing Billy's demonic satan worship rituals up on his mountain... puh-leeze.

God is not everywhere
Date: May 21, 2003 09:18PM

Originally posted by letGodbetrue
Richard, your bitterness and cynicism is barely covered in most of your posts... here not at all. I suppose you make these outrageous statements just to stir things up, but once again, your contribution to scholarly pursuit is vastly compromised by your personal feelings. So you expect people to believe that main-line denominations like the Baptists, Presbyterians, and Nazarene are all cultic churches? Billy Graham is a member of a cult? Every president this country has had, is or was a cultist? You are blinded by your own hurt, hate, bitterness and cynicism. I don't expect you to agree, but not many people who are careful, scholarly observers of these issues will agree with you that Billy Graham is a cultist.

Of course, I'm sure there are the many ubiquitous web sites out there that you faithfully subscribe to, discussing Billy's demonic an worship rituals up on his mountain... puh-leeze.
I believe that today's current religions will one day be supplanted by a saner one. I don't buy that anyone can walk on water, resurrect the dead, etc.. If you think I'm jaundiced and cynical, fine, I am. I can't take these claims seriously and I don't think anyone else should either.
150 million people died in the Crusades. Xianity has pogroms, Crusades, witch hunts, Inquisition. All in the name of a so-called God of "love". I find it all quite sickening.

God is not everywhere
Date: May 22, 2003 12:55AM

I regret that our posts are so personal, I suppose it is unavoidable when we are sharing personal beliefs. I hope other people can get something out of our discussion.

You won't find any "pogroms, Crusades, witch hunts, Inquisition" in the Bible. Those events happened when people tried to read into the Bible something that just wasn't there. If they had stuck to what the Word says, those events would not have happened. They can say they are doing it in 'the Name of God', but so did David Koresh, and he didn't represent God either.

I certainly agree with you that they are all quite sickening and worse. I can't answer for other peoples in other times, and I know you don't expect or want me to. As for me, I serve the God of the Bible, I know my Bible, and none of that junk is in there.

God is not everywhere
Date: May 22, 2003 01:26AM

You won't find any "pogroms, Crusades, witch hunts, Inquisition" in the Bible. Those events happened when people tried to read into the Bible something that just wasn't there. If they had stuck to what the Word says, they would not have happened. They can say they are doing it in 'the Name of God', but so did David Koresh, and he didn't represent God either.
(RMG's reply:All these quacks quote the "Good Book". And the Bible inspired all of it. True, Jesus himself wouldn't have agreed with it but it happened in his name none the less.)

I certainly agree with you that they are all quite sickening and worse. I can't answer for other peoples in other times, and I know you don't expect or want me to. As for me, I serve the God of the Bible, I know my Bible, and none of that junk is in there.
(RMG' reply: I am also a servant of God. But not a mythologically based one. One rooted in science and fact).

God is not everywhere
Date: May 23, 2003 07:30AM

So you believe in a God based on science and fact? Certainly the Bible is not what you are referring to. Of course, in the NT (Romans chapter 1) the Apostle Paul says that God has revealed Himself faithfully in nature, so that men have no excuse NOT to believe in Him... Is that what you mean, you believe in an intelligent designer? From our discussion on physics, I know you don't believe in God as the Creator.

God is not everywhere
Date: May 25, 2003 02:06AM

So you believe in a God based on science and fact? Certainly the Bible is not what you are referring to. Of course, in the NT (Romans chapter 1) the Apostle Paul says that God has revealed Himself faithfully in nature, so that men have no excuse NOT to believe in Him... Is that what you mean, you believe in an intelligent designer? From our discussion on physics, I know you don't believe in God as the Creator.

I believe that God is the prime mover, but not a creator from nothing. I believe that's impossible. It's begs the question that if God created the Universe, then who created God.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.