Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Opus Dei cult - Recent news links
Posted by: mjr40 ()
Date: May 05, 2006 01:39PM

Gulab Jamon
Opus Dei itself probably does not tell its members to murder people.

Precisely. They have proxies, like death squads, secret police and organized crime hitmen do it for them so that they cannot be traced back to the cult.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: maggieblue ()
Date: May 15, 2006 11:45AM

I've read that American members are flocking to join since Da Vinci Code. It is fascinating. It is very Catholic though, isn't it? Don't you have to be a Catholic to join?
maggie

Date: May 18, 2006 03:53PM

maggieblue
I've read that American members are flocking to join since Da Vinci Code. It is fascinating. It is very Catholic though, isn't it? Don't you have to be a Catholic to join?
maggie

It is important to take what the Opus Dei cult says (in this case, they are saying that they are getting more members) and turn it around 180 degrees to get some semblance of the truth. What appears to be happening is that they are getting inquiries. But the process of joining the Opus Dei cult is a long, subtle and manipulative process, one in which they gather as much information about you as they can so that they can use it to their advantage.

One doesn't have to be a Catholic to get involved with the Opus Dei cult. However, after everything is said and done, they will coerce people to get them baptized in the Catholic Church, though they will make sure the members that they recruit and baptize do not have any contact whatsoever with other parts of the larger Church. Thus, this calls into question whether the people have joined the larger Catholic faith expression or just the Opus Dei cult. There are many cases where the Opus Dei cult recruits someone, coerces them into becoming Catholic, but they never step foot in a non-Opus Dei institution.

Posted by: maggieblue ()
Date: May 19, 2006 01:54PM

I don't see this as being a supra secret organization... my John just finished reading Angels and Demons, and finished Da Vinci Code today...think he's bought it all, hook, line, and sinker!

I found no new information in this book that hasn't already been written about somewhere else - it was a good read. But, fiction.
Maggie

Date: May 22, 2006 12:33PM

Quote from Opus Dei in America, by Father James Martin:
[www.americamagazine.org]

"Two priests I interviewed (who asked to remain anonymous) came into contact with Opus Dei while studying at Princeton in the mid-1980’s. In the course of their work with campus ministry, a divisive conflict arose between an Opus Dei priest and other members of the team. “Opus Dei was rather defensive about being secretive,” said one. “They’d say, ‘No, we tell it like it is.’ And, yes, they’d answer your questions, but it was like peeling away an onion. But if you didn’t ask the right question to peel away the next layer you simply weren’t told. You just never had the full picture. And I suppose it wouldn’t have been so annoying if they hadn’t been saying all the time how open they were.”

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.