Current Page: 6 of 9
Re: Mooji cult: summary, ressources and reports from people who left the cult
Posted by: Ananas ()
Date: November 10, 2019 07:33PM

Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: klaklaklak ()
Date: May 01, 2019 09:26AM

Over the past 3 years I have spent hundreds (countless) hours in Sahaja Express satsang videos, probably watched nearly every one, basically addicted (not anymore).
Recently I tuned in and saw a young man, who I recognize as being a relatively new Sahajan (joined within the past year or two if I'm not mistaken..). I remember when he arrived to Sahaja and started showing up on camera there. He struck me as sweet and quite earnest.

Recently he sang for Mooji and the sangha. Wow! Natural talent, to me his vibration and where the lyrics come from is utterly natural and lovely .

So he sings and idk, Mooji totally shit on it. Um. Can anyone explain why Mooji's expression and vibe is so condescending here? For the first time ever a mooji video made the stomach churn - i felt like puking. i've spent enough time with Mooji to know when he likes something and when he's just pandering/smudging someone away . We all inevitable do this in some degree to one another but this instance really set off my "inner GPS" because the kid seems to know himself yet is willingly playing the "prove yourself" game and Mooji STILL makes him run another lap

It's the "who here still believes themselves a person?" game gone way, way corrupted. This once fresh kid now doing the Sahaja hand-to-heart and prayer hands fixed at forehead pointed at mooji bowing and submitting his spirit to flipping eternal catch 22 of monte sahaja:

You're free but you don't know it. And we know this, cus we know It! It is only when you know It, that you can be in our ranks , superior to those who don't know it (yet)

The gag is tho, a lot of them do not seem enlightened. They seem good ambassadors of a brand, not truth

I truly believe Mooji feels threatened by anyone who is in the vibration of Truth. I've seen this. Someone powerful and universal will speak and Mooji finds a tiny thing to flaw them and drives it home rendering them mute. And then some deluded being will go up there sobbing with undigested praises and Mooji quotes them and reveres them as living proof the teachings work.

It seems he actually prefers anyone who is a little deluded/off because they are less likely to Q him, they're not in their power

I notice Mooji likes to keep arrogant men around because they're riding the same wave. He seems to walk all over women, even his beloved Krishnabai, to prove his points, meaning he'll cherry pick some casual comment they make and exaggerate it to teach the whole group a lesson how we can all be more broad, even if it was just a lighthearted comment intended to connect lol. He'll walk all over anyone to carry out his movement, but I notice he respects men who carry a little arrogance because he's riding that horse too. Doesn't like humble beings, the soft are too powerful mirrors for his tendency to trespass

Posted by: 2cents ()
Date: May 01, 2019 10:20AM

KlakKlakKlak said:
"I truly believe Mooji feels threatened by anyone who is in the vibration of Truth. I've seen this. Someone powerful and universal will speak and Mooji finds a tiny thing to flaw them and drives it home rendering them mute."

I completely agree, and have seen M. try to break down those seem to speak from a very high place of experience. He hates it. After all, there can't be anyone but him who 'knows'. These sincere people unfortunately look to M. for validation - but it ain't gonna happen - only he can be top dog. And this happens in a confused way because he'll throw out statements like 'is there a Buddha here today?" - but he, in true NPD fashion, rarely acknowledges anyones experience as authentic-it'a always flawed - and he digs for the flaw to show his self-appointed authority. If everyone woke up, his 'supply of seekers' dries up. This was beautifully pointed out by It's Over Tony's info on Narcissistic Supply.

Posted by: AnnetteChappelle ()
Date: May 01, 2019 10:55AM

Many who claim they are awake have been banished from Sahaja. Zero competition allowed. ZERO.

How dare they? They are to remember who there Master is! There can be only ONE.

Date: May 01, 2019 12:45PM

Yes, this was actually one of the first early sings for me, which seemed totally off. Also if someone with real insight or a true seeing comes to him and asks for further guidance or so, Moo never could give those proper guidance. Never ever. We would totally dilute the moment of truth, I have often heard him then talking blabla for 15minutes about ego when someone shared truth and a genuine seeing. Moo has NO CLUE about the teachings. Its just phrases.

And another thing which put me off very early: seeing his devotees talking all in the same empty words to him "I am only here for this" or endless poems, they repeat themselves in the words they know he wants to hear. And so often he was totally pleased with it! How could TRUTH enjoy empty words and all this parroting? How could TRUTH enjoy totally unauthentic sharings?!

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 16, 2019 03:38PM

Posted by: RO ()
Date: May 01, 2019 09:13PM

To this Forum...sorry for the length but this is a big deal for me to tell,

WOW! I really hope that this isn't true. What I also hope is that myself and others are not just twisting his message to fit a narrative we want to believe! This is one of the only times I have told my experience and the first time fairly publicly.
I went to an M Silent Retreat in Zmar in May 2016. I had watched his videos incessantly convinced that I was on to something and this was God tapping me to wake up. Because this whole process started with Eckhart Tolle, I still feel that I was being led toward certain things as a benefit to me...including this. When I arrived I was overcome by anxiety and a bad feeling. A very strange thing had happened to me in the airport. As I went through customs the man asked me where I was going. I told him and he said to me "I don't think you will find what you are looking for there". Guys, it was creepy, but I thought about it and dismissed it as my Ego or Mind (textbook right).
I went to one of the Sangha and they helped assure me I was in the right place and that everything would be fine. There was an uneasy feeling because of the Shop that was set up to sell things and the Resort type atmosphere. I settled in and settled down and thought that I had better give this my best shot because I had invested too much to throw in the towel.
This is where I will tell you...there are some things said on this forum that made me go immediately onto the M site and purchased the Satsang from May 19, 2016 Session 1 I know we'd hate to give M any more money, but for $7 if you are serious about this topic you can go and purchase it yourself and see. Go to 2:21:00 and watch! I can't believe I said what I did and he responded the way he did!! This was surreal to say the least!
That is where the story gets crazier. After this exchange I went back to my room after Satsang. The next day after morning Satsang I became VERY Angry...I mean RAGING! Not out of choice. It was just overwhelming me. I wanted to go home. It was lunchtime and I looked up and realized M was eating in the white building with the Sangha. I went up there and the "guard" stopped me. I told him I needed to see M. I said "who would be so bold?" I was balling at this point and dropped to my knees and just sobbed into the ground. The next thing I remember is M coming out and rubbing my back telling me to get up. I got up and even in that state, immediately noticed a camera in my face. It was like my suffering was something they couldn't miss capturing! I hugged him and we embraced for a while. I said "I'm a Fraud!" He said "We all have to be a Fraud for a little while. Go...eat some lunch and I will see you at Satsang"
I went back to my room and was calmer, but didn't know what to do. I went to the Shop and went directly up to the bookshelf, grabbed the first book I was attracted to, bought it, and went back to my room. It was a book called "The Truth Is" by Papaji.
After Satsang that night I went back to my room still feeling a little off. I decided to read the book. I opened it up and told myself I would read a line and then close my eyes and contemplate it. When I read the second or third sentence BOOM! All of the sudden my mind went blank and I had this realization that EVERYTHING was being created from this Source. It was so clear, real, and simple that I began to laugh. I remember being in such bliss and not wanting to go to bed because I felt like it would be gone when I woke up. Eventually I fell asleep and I woke up the next morning feeling like my time was complete. I enjoyed the rest of the retreat in such a calm, peaceful, blissful state that didn't leave me for months.
Sorry, there's more...I realized on my way home that Shree was staying in the same little hotel as me in Lisbon. Guys, what are the odds that I stayed in Lisbon an extra day, Shree is staying in the same hotel, and leaving on a flight the same time! We met on the balcony and talked and agreed to meet up in the morning to travel to the Airport together. Along the way, I didn't say much. She told me about how she came to leave her job and follow M. At the airport she even talked a little about politics! It was really weird, like she was not even a follower, but just worked a Job for him. It didn't throw off my mind or mood, because before we left she said that I looked really happy and at such peace. She said it in a way that was unique although I won't say she seemed "surprised".
It has been 3 years now and I have almost completely put down M and his teachings. In fact, the next time I went to watch him I had to stop because I felt like he just keeps saying the same things I already understood. Now it was time to just live my life!
I truly feel like God or this Source has guided me in my life somehow. If I continue to have faith in how I've matured and grown spiritually, then coincidences keep happening and I trust they are for the best.

SOMETHING is going on with M, but he is not to be worshiped! Be careful and listen to your OWN intuition. I pray this helps anyone who needs to hear it.

Posted by: RO ()
Date: May 02, 2019 03:53AM

I just re-watched it when I cut it out and saw the part when I laugh about the nonsense of needing "him". I truly think his reaction was offended and even the video puts out this energy to me.

However, this is very psychological and I will not drag him through any mud because of my choices to pursue answers.

PLEASE keep a strong, appropriate mental (and physical) distance from him or any other teacher! God will guide you also!

Thank you all!

Date: February 29, 2020 08:06PM

Posted by: Valma ()
Date: May 02, 2019 11:57PM

I found another testimonial of someone asking for help to a teacher after having sailed for a while on the Mooji boat.

All these testimonials speak for themselves: it will save you a lot of trouble if you avoid the Moo boat altogether unless you like a sailing full of trouble.

If anyone amongst members here wants to read the whole page/article, please PM me so i can give you the reference where i found it and the source remains hidden.

Here a short excerpt:

Teacher's words:

Mooji is kid stuff. On the first page of his book, Breath of the Absolute, he says no qualifications are necessary for enlightenment. If you don't have a teaching this is what you say to attract lazy, gullible people who are looking for instant enlightenment. And when you say that thinking is the enemy, you always have a way to dismiss any questions about you and your teaching. A friend of mine had been with Mooji; she was young and very pretty, and he was interested in her (spiritually of course ..), and she jumped the Mooji ship and came to Vedanta. She always loved him, which is cool, and one day she bumped into him on the street, hugged him and said, I was just thinking of you, as one does. He was angry (I suppose because she left the Great Mooji for something else), so he pointed his finger at her and angrily said, That's your problem. You're thinking!
When you are gullible and suffering, these cults seem to offer a way out, so people just sign on without doing their due diligence. They are attracted by all the smarmy devotion. It makes them feel high. Just because there are a lot of people hanging around some person with a big beard sitting on a throne surrounded by lots of people means nothing but all the rajasic excitement makes you feel that there must be something real going on. Mooji is basically a small-time Osho clone who has created a cult of personality.

Posted by: zizlz ()
Date: February 29, 2020 09:34PM

Just remember that even though one teacher's criticism of another teacher may be valid, that doesn't make him/her a valid teacher. I've seen the quote above (starting with "Mooji is kid stuff") before, it's from James Swartz. There's a lot of red flags with Swartz, more than with Mooji even, I would say. See the discussions on this forum about him.

Posted by: MynameisHeather ()
Date: March 02, 2020 10:56AM

Yes zizlz…

...the word "smarmy"

Date: March 08, 2020 10:12PM

Posted by: Joyfree ()
Date: May 03, 2019 10:16PM

Dear friends,

there is one more aspect of m’s matching / parting couples.

I’ve read though the forum and did not find it mentioned by anyone but I did not get through all the pages, so please excuse if I repeat something already discussed.

A very important point of m’s doings in “blessing” relationships is the legal aspect.
Many of his very devoted followers don’t own a EU-citizenship, by matching them to someone that holds a valid EU-passport, they can stay in Sahaja. And hocus pocus, instead of one devotee, that has a fluctuant visa, they become two strong supporters and offer their lives to m, because it was “his bliss that brought them together” lol.

The ashram doesn’t want to be in the spotlight of the authorities and therefore they don’t want to apply for any working or tourist visas only in very very crucial cases. So, the best and easiest way to secure people staying there and abdicating their lives is to manipulate them into relationships and marriages, regardless of background or age. In most cases they travel abroad, to Spain for example to legalise those marriages, and then return back “home” to Sahaja as a “blessed” couple. Again, blind to the fact that they are being just used.

There are many actual relations like this living in Sahaja and anyone who has or is living there knows exactly to which I am referring to. Certainly, I won’t post any names, because the objective is not to harm those people but to expose the sick, manipulative doings of m, only for his benefit.

Date: March 08, 2020 10:15PM

Date: May 04, 2019 12:53AM

Hi everyone!

I want to share what my process has been like. Maybe some can relate. I was repressing a lot regarding fears and pain from my time with m. I felt fear of him, after all some unconscious parts still thought he was all powerful. He’s not!

When I spoke to Be, I felt initially like I was betraying not m, but the people at Sahaja. For me they are mostly completely innocent and childlike. There are also some rough ones there but that’s not my concern.

So it was a difficult decision for me to speak to Be or not. I found her very caring and intelligent actually. We spoke for quite some time. It was the first time I opened up fully. I was emotionally exhausted after but felt something shifting. I went off FB for the debut of the article but read it on her page. My main concern was would what I shared be reported accurately. IT WAS. I was relieved.

Next, I got back on Facebook and saw the reactions. People calling it all lies. NO!!!!!!

I read for days the reactions and it was painful. I did this to see, did my doing this help anyone. I saw that it did in many cases help people to TRUST THEIR INTUITION and also I saw mare step forward to their friends. I spoke with a few friends of m, at least they said they had lunch with him in Rishikesh that day or another scenario. They were helpful but “not in the way they thought they were”, they shared things that I did not know before, for example that Krishnabai is his partner. And he’s had many young female partners. As I know he has as well.

What is happening is a massive gaslighting toward people who speak out so that is why getting feedback is important especially from his friends and advocates.

This forum is immensely helpful as well. I believe the new page on Facebook “Leaving Mooji” once enough people learn of it will also help and whomever is doing this page has definitely put a lot of time and thought and care into it to make it supportive and is not doing it for personal gain but for care of others.

So now I have shared with everyone as much as I will be online. Under my OWN NAME. I will testify in court to what I have shared is true.

As for now, I feel that this has been an open heart surgery of sorts. It got all of m out. I may always have the scar on my heart from knowing him but I am free. :)

The reason I share this is because it is POSSIBLE!

The energies he leaves behind, the confusion, the brain fog, the fear, the pain...IT CAN AND WILL BE RESOLVED AND RELEASED.

And We are the wiser for it. Now I can pick up a con even better. For me I work with them but m slipped through because he was popular, nothing bad could be found on internet, I hadn’t learned that spiritual teachers as con artists was even possible in Advaita. I didn’t know the different types of Advaita and I just went by what I was feeling.

This is not wise. Many teachers say DEVOTION and WISDIM go together. Too much of one and you will be taken, too much of the other and you will be COLD.

So I wanted to share if you want to email me at anytime I will come back here for you and share and help how I can, but otherwise I’m going to go enjoy my life now. :)))

Much love to all who read this now and in the future!

Posted by: Traveler99 ()
Date: March 09, 2020 03:44AM

A Quick Note

Sahara71, you are wanting to "go enjoy my life now. :)))"

Exactly. That's where Bob and Kathy, who's views and such have been discussed quite a bit on the "Mooji a cult?" forum, are at.

They never committed to discussing all this more, and are in a great place in their lives.

Hence, I will not do anything that might disturb their peace... (And I hope nobody unnecessarily bothers yours.)

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: March 10, 2020 06:12AM

Just to be very clear, I am not Annette Chappelle, and she is not me!

I have had some contact with Annette, and she is a lovely, sensitive, intelligent girl. However, her experiences are not my experiences, and although I find her accounts truthful and informative, certainly very believable, I just need to point out that we are two separate and different individuals.

It might be confusing for some to see Annette's words attributed to me, in the post above by Trav.

Just so there is no confusion, Trav.

Thanks.

Date: April 15, 2020 12:39AM

Date: May 04, 2019 03:55AM

His power is illusion. Once you see through his tricks. He is just a very bad magician using our birthright to highjack us to serve him.

Also, any teacher, ANY teacher that has a thread about them or comments where people can’t use their real names to discuss his flaws and their negative experiences should be a RED FLAG. Why are people so afraid? Even on FB people are hiding. This is tragic to me!!! This means they are afraid of being attacked or hurt. What kind of teacher of Freedom produces this kind of response?

It speaks volumes. A very clear warning!

Date: May 04, 2019 05:59AM

I have been told by three energy workers, “DO NOT TELL ME HIS NAME AS I SO NOT NEED TO HAVE HIM IN MY SPHERE”. I got a lot of healing from them and FREEDOM and actually they did call what he did to me personally DARK MAGIC. So yes to the accusation that he uses DARKNESS call it what you will.

You don’t have people killing themselves and hiding and have PTSD and suffering so much from the LIGHT inside themselves.

I’ve spent over $40,000 on healing and have an extensive list of teachers (very well respected) that know what happened, as well as therapists and also energy workers from very well respected teachers recommendations. Don’t toy with this!

Also, Joan Tollifson has said just speaking about this on her page made her have severe anxiety and I think she said a bit of a breakdown in how she was treating people. She told me off personally. I respect her for her statement. My point is that if Joan, an awake teacher can lose it in just a few short weeks with over 1,000 supporters and friends. What chance in HELL does a novice, green, young, impressionable person have after spending a few years with him, his sangha and the trolls that support him whenever anyone gives voice to his DARKNESS that lives inside their body 24/7?

What chance in HELL? I will say to find the TRUE LIGHT is the only chance anyone has. And all this toying with m. will lead u into more and more delusion.

And it’s obvious who is deluded, and who is not.

Date: May 04, 2019 06:23AM

Who spends $40,000 on not a legit issue? Why did all, every single one the specialists focus on m.? I thought it was me.

And I know the rebuttal. You must have been mentally ill before hand.

That’s what I thought too. That’s the self doubt. That’s the self blame. That’s what leads to people KILLING THEMSELVES, ending up living there days out trapped in SHAME.

And that’s the problem.

If you are at all leery of m.

Run!

If u kinda like him and kinda don’t.

You haven’t seen clearly yet. Pick a side for your own sake.

Something else m and his crowd like to say is “there is no proof”

I’m the PROOF!!!!

He knows he has people sign NDA, no one can take pictures or videos but him, he dissociates you from your power so you can’t fight back, the group attacks you for the slightest deviation, you don’t know anyone’s real names, no one trusts each other, and yet everyone still trusts him...until they don’t.

So how many cards are stacked against PROVING things. He gloats about it because he’s designed it that way.

Wake up! RUN! Or you will die in the mouth of a FAKE TIGER!

Date: May 04, 2019 06:52AM

He’s cursed so many, you have no idea.

But his curse is easily broken when you turn and face him! He’s a coward! And I would die fighting him before I’d turn away or look away from his eyes.

He has said he could curse people if he wanted to. And he has wanted to.

This is not Freedom.

The crazy man on the street corner says the same thing as do mental patients.

Now I say to m

YOU KNOW WHO I AM! IF YOU WANT ME COME AND FIND ME! NOTHING YOU SEND OR DO WILL HURT WHO I AM! I WILL FIGHT YOU! AND LIGHT WILL WIN!

Date: May 05, 2019 01:14AM

Regarding the black magic bit. Mooji did what I was referring to me IN PERSON, I had not spoken out about him, I had surrendered to him. But then something beautiful happened! Something from inside me knew he was not clean. That part said “NO!” “GET AWAY FROM ME!” “YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE”!

He only got half way done.

So the energy experience wasn’t completed and that’s why I got away. Something stood up inside me. Like RO did, but it was energetic.

He can’t do anything because that will face him down again and win again. IT IS A MUCH HIGHER VIBRATION.

The energy workers, who don’t know each other, all gave the same story of what happened.

Still, half was done and that is why I had to get him out of that half. That’s been my work.

His teachings are mixed with poison. It’s like poisoned milk. If you focus on the milk you say things like “don’t throw the baby out with the bath water” and to some degree I see that we need to get everything we can out of the experience as it cost so much, grab every bit of good as a consolation prize or something.

But if you see the whole this is POISONED MILK, why not just go find MILK that is clean...same teaching, same milk. WITHOUT THE POISON! Unless you are a masochist, it’s a better path.

Date: May 05, 2019 01:33AM

Yes, it is serious. Not everyone has the money or access to specialists to get help. They walk around life completely out of it, with no help, and at some point may try to take their lives. Meanwhile, m knows what he has done, many still ask him to help, and he sits back and abandons them and distances from them and then smears them. It’s all outline in Amma Tanya White’s videos. This is what he does. It is his pattern.

And no one talks about it, unless you stand up and people trust you in emails and Skype.

I think it is a mistake made by many to deny people their voices and “protect m image”

They are on the wrong side of this and it shows they lack empathy, just as m does.

Also, it is ENTIRELY different to be with him when he’s in his sweats and t shirt when cameras aren’t rolling...and watching him on stage or online.

ENTIRELY DIFFERENT and if you want that and get that chance have some money saved up for help afterwards.

Unless poisoned milk is your thing. Then chug away!

Current Page: 6 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.