Current Page: 7 of 8
Re: "The New Message From God" an odd and mostly overlooked cult. They have my wife.
Posted by: zizlz ()
Date: December 16, 2019 04:48AM

Great job looking into all that, AniNassui!

It is obviously an unusual topic with a wide variety of ideas & opinions about it. Remarkably, in response to any of his posts and to others within the group, the mods replied almost uniformly with “well, the allies say this” or “the allies say that” — & kept referring to the information contained in the “briefings” that Mr. Marshall Summer had written, etc. The conversation never seemed to be able to stray very far before it was effectively shut down by the mods, parroting back whatever the Allies had to say in any given topic, specifically in terms of aliens & their agenda.

That's hilarious. I hope they'll expand into other subreddits too, that would be even funnier. For example a subreddit about knitting. Random poster: "Does anyone know how to get rid of these exposed wire ends?" NewMessage shill: "Well the allies say..."

Anyway, I can see why they target people interested in alien abduction. For people who are interested in topics like that, the jump to believing in prophet Summers' BS isn't as far as it is for e.g. a typical knitting enthusiast. They're also still advertising on YouTube when you search for "aliens" or "area 51". See these screenshots taken just now: [imgur.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "The New Message From God" an odd and mostly overlooked cult. They have my wife.
Posted by: AniNassui ()
Date: December 22, 2019 03:00PM

Thanks for the kind words! It was quite a bit of research — but Yes, it’s hysterical indeed! I find it unsurprising yet consistent with their disingenuous means of attracting & recruiting, by them effectively ‘mis-labeling’ videos & tags on YouTube.

I actually was able to prove that those two subreddits were created & moderated by this group, just as DIRTYBIRD760 had purported.

By looking into the backgrounds and the posting history of the mods screen names, going back many years — I discovered their identities, their connection with this group, & the commonality of their unwavering defense of all things ‘New Message’ & ‘Allies’ across the whole of Reddit — all the sorts of thinly veiled proselytizing you’d expect from these clowns — including an early attempt at a Q/A session held in the Reddit forum, “r/IamA” — with Mr. Marshall Summer himself as a participant!

(* see screenshot images)
Screenshots RE: moderators & Marshall Summer’s Q/A on r/IamA

• Marshall Summers Reddit user is:
u/newmessangerofgod (very subtle!)

They have their own dedicated subreddit:
r/newmessagefromgod
& are active participants in the following subreddits:
r/godquotes, r/religion, r/spiritually, r/aliensamongus, & r/prophets

It turns out that this group has been fielding off attacks & accusations that they’re in fact a cult for some time. I read many people challenge them. Apparently DIRTYBIRD760 wasn’t the first to call them out on it — just was particularly vocal, fierce, & pointed in his criticism.

Reading the transcript of the Q/A they hosted was a fiasco. It was an awkward, ill-conceived, and poorly executed endeavor — with many of his ‘helpers’ taking on the vast majority of the general inquiries and some of the more difficult questions, regarding their beliefs & practices.

When Mr. Summers did answer questions directly, they are always so annoyingly vague & unsatisfying. I find his lack of personality so perplexing. He is so unassuming and introverted which is counterintuitive since he is ostensibly the center of this show, not to mention, the new messiah!!
Just like the point raised by many of the book reviews & articles about this group (as posted earlier in this thread) I keep coming back to the fundamental question, of WHY HIM? Benevolent aliens who have much to say & warn us about, with time being of the essence, can only manage to ‘get ahold of us’ via telepathic messages, only receivable by Marshall Summers?!? It’s extraordinarily laughable.
Why aliens would mind-meld with this dork is anyone’s guess. I think he’s just mentally ill personally. As far as cults go, there are probably more devious & dangerous ones out there, but this strange little group persists, quietly & insidiously flying below the radar.

Date: December 23, 2019 04:53PM

That's amazing, AniNassui! The NewMessage-Reddit rabbit hole goes much deeper than I thought.

AniNassui
I find it unsurprising yet consistent with their disingenuous means of attracting & recruiting, by them effectively ‘mis-labeling’ videos & tags on YouTube.

Yes, I also kept noticing that same pattern with them recruiting by disingenuous means! That's apparently typical of their M.O.

Posted by: Hans Mueller ()
Date: January 07, 2020 04:38AM

I was shortly following this New Message. I tried to follow the curriculum and participate with others but I grew more and more suspicious over time and left.

@nmconcerned: I feel for you. I know they often break up couples. Lone individuals are easier to control than strong couples.

I tend to agree with some of what Jan Honza says. The World Wide Community of the New Message always seemed kind of elitist/ racist to me.
I wondered about their intentions and I have my doubts about the authenticity of Marshall Van Summers.

The Messenger with a heavy Germanic accent:
The Voice of the Revelation
[www.newmessage.org]

Marshall Van Summers himself with an American English accent:
Spiritual Preparation For Global Crises
[www.youtube.com]
How Deep is the Meditation Practice "Steps to Knowledge"?
[www.youtube.com]

Is this the same person?
A- Yes, it is the same person which implies that Marshall has a deep, core connection to Germany. He speaks as someone who is German and is speaking English as a foreign language. At the heart of it, does he have an American mindset or an German one?
B- No, it is not Marshall. Then it is someone else who is speaking. Who is this person? Have they given their permission to Marshall or has Marshall stolen the New Message?

These seem like valid questions to me.

Date: January 07, 2020 06:33AM

Hans Mueller
He speaks as someone who is German and is speaking English as a foreign language.

Sounds to me like a native English speaker putting on some fantasy (not German) accent.

Date: January 21, 2020 04:35AM

Another thing that I would like to mention is the amount of ways that a student is asked to give money.
The donations are not made on the main website (newmessage.org) but at [newknowledgelibrary.org]

Here the student can donate:
- one-time
- monthly
- for a campaign

But beyond this, students are requested to do:
- Tithing, give 10% of their monthly income
- Inheritance: for the future of the New Message, students are encouraged to register the Society for the New Message as the heir of a part or all of their possessions.

That is a pretty money-hungry school.

Date: January 22, 2020 01:23AM

Thanks for sharing this, Hans. I didn't know the prophet-business is so profitable..

Posted by: light34 ()
Date: January 22, 2020 01:58AM

Sorry about the way you feel, you did the right thing coming here it will help expose and will hopefully help your wife and you.

Date: January 25, 2020 06:28PM

@light34: who are you referring to?

Posted by: nmconcerned ()
Date: February 20, 2020 02:09PM

Wow, I never expected my little-commented thread would take off a year later. I guess it was not configured to notify me via email, so after a couple months of token replies I stopped checking and figured nobody else was interested.

Great to hear experiences from those who have been members and left.

Great research from AniNassui on Reddit.

Zizlz I really appreciate you basically taking over my thread and keeping it rolling, asking the tough questions. Many of these questions I asked to my wife over the years. The answers were almost always "It's spiritual, it has to be experienced, do the Steps to Knowledge". But for something as serious as the fate of the world, some hand-wavey voodoo experience is not good enough. Spiritual experiences do not answer questions about UFOs! I demand hard science!

Fascinating that an actual NM member came here to try to defend them, it really shows the effort they put into trolling the internet. In fact this means I likely have to be careful what information I share to avoid doxxing myself. However I do know that they have a laundry list of forums, facebook groups, subreddits, etc. mostly focused on UFOs, abductions, and new age spirituality, that they regularly visit to proselytize, in all languages and around the world. I suspect that they regularly search for any mention of themselves and that's how they found this thread.

They are very bad at Reddit, though. Though Reddit is a home of skeptics by nature, who love putting holes in conspiracy theories. Interesting that they have cornered a couple little fake subs, though, to push their message.

This group is actively growing, recruiting aggressively. One thing you may not be aware of is that Marshall is quite ill, he has cancer that was treated in the past and has recurred. I believe he is trying to solidify a dynasty that he can pass down to his son. I would also suspect that this is where a large portion of those donations go, as cancer treatment in the USA is very expensive.

Marshall puts on the accent when he is "channelling" to differentiate his channelling from his regular persona.

To me Marshall's channelling accent is a textbook hypnotist drawl, slow and relaxing with long pauses, drawn out sibilants. It is very easy to let it worm into your mind and members are encouraged to listen to his message in audio form regularly.

I was a little disappointed to see that Jan was banned as they seemed to have a valuable insider viewpoint. The names that they mentioned are definitely high profile cult members and though the content was definitely along the lines of conspiracy theory... they likely had other internal knowledge they could have shared. The leadership being white supremacists is a bold claim, but if it could be proven, it could be the weapon we need to destroy them.

Current Page: 7 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.